• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Manp

For some reason, practically none of the PS4 last round DLC, or even the full game was uploaded to the European PSN store, including costume catalogues. A total fuck up all round.

stupid me for thinking it wasn't a SCEE fuck up. i should have known, it's not like they never screwed up DoA5's DLCs releases :| actually it happened more often than not.

thanks for the answer btw :)

duck_sauce

"This costume has not been download" = DLC.

Wow....after the retail version, there is still a lot of dlc left to buy.Im not sure how i should feel about that. A part of me is happy, because - more costumes. On the other side, a final retail version should contain anything there is.....this game has the potential to wreck havoc with my wallet.

Wow....after the retail version, there is still a lot of dlc left to buy.Im not sure how i should feel about that. A part of me is happy, because - more costumes. On the other side, a final retail version should contain anything there is.....this game has the potential to wreck havoc with my wallet.

On the one hand, I get that. But you risk pissing off a lot of 5U people that bought the most recent DLCs if you include everything released up till now.

You are still getting a hell of a lot of DLC packed in with this game. Over 300 costumes.

Eliot's Konpo-Hoken.....

D2yzXS6.jpg

psn

How do you unlock costumes the fastest way? My gf wants the bunny costume.

And what do I get for picking up those items in survival? Do those golden points just add to the score?

Sry, DoA noob here..

I can't agree, Last Round contains around ~£100 of 5 and Ultimate DLC, probably over $110 worth. The costumes they picked to be included definitely don't look like they'd be the worst sellers, either.

I feel like a lot of work goes into the costumes, and purely cosmetic DLC that is continuously developed for months and years after the initial launch is one of the only DLC models I respect fully, I think it's totally fair for them to not include every single DLC from the past.

Speaking of, does anyone know if the DLCs that are included in LR are unlockable like default costumes in the game? Or are they immediately available?

As a slight side note, I'd actually be more disappointed if LR contained every DLC TeamNinja has ever made, and you didn't even have to unlock it in-game.

IconGrist

I did the math last night. I priced every costume I didn't have and the total came out to $257 so despite "double dipping" on costumes I've already bought the $93 for the ultimate costume set was still a deal (if you can call it that) so I grabbed it. I feel dirty but I love DOA and I can't help it. Will grab the season pass probably in the next couple of weeks.

Speaking of, does anyone know if the DLCs that are included in LR are unlockable like default costumes in the game? Or are they immediately available?

As a slight side note, I'd actually be more disappointed if LR contained every DLC TeamNinja has ever made, and you didn't even have to unlock it in-game.

Looking at my Kasumi list, the DLC they've included (which I never had) was already unlocked upon starting the game.

Timu

I'm so, so happy they didn't put any form of blur or DoF in. Those two effects are 2/3 of the worst things to ever happen to gaming, chromatic aberration being the third.
Chromatic aberration is the worst because it's used poorly, overdone and I can't stand the sight of it unless it's minimal. Give me blur and DOF over chromatic aberration any day!!!

Skilletor

Either I'm missing something, or tina's combo 3 is glitched. I can't get a ground throw to come out. She always goes for a crouching throw, no matter when I do it.

Edit: nm, I was missing something, lol.

Guys, i just bought the core version and holy shit at the amount of DLC available. So overwhelming. I want to get the new Ninja 2015 costumes, but its telling me its only part of a "bundle" which can only be obtained if I got the "full" game.

Am i missing something?

It would be pretty silly to gate DLC behind the full version of the game.

I also managed to get a game online without it constantly crashing while it searched. Didnt managed to work the second time though.

playing on XB1 btw

Guys, i just bought the core version and holy shit at the amount of DLC available. So overwhelming. I want to get the new Ninja 2015 costumes, but its telling me its only part of a "bundle" which can only be obtained if I got the "full" game.

Am i missing something?

It would be pretty silly to gate DLC behind the full version of the game.

I also managed to get a game online without it constantly crashing while it searched. Didnt managed to work the second time though.

playing on XB1 btw

Most of the dlc doesn't seem to appear in the store for me on xbox, no idea if that's all there is or it's not all uploaded yet, can't even buy characters even though the game tells you to buy them from the store.

Eolz

Am i missing something?

Ninja 2015 is preorder bonus only for now. Will probably unlocked in a month or so.

How do you unlock costumes the fastest way? My gf wants the bunny costume.

And what do I get for picking up those items in survival? Do those golden points just add to the score?

Sry, DoA noob here..

What? You bought this game while having a GF? I thought this game was for single people.

Set throwdowns to decline.

It's not just that though. That fixes offline mode but when in queue for ranked/lobby it will freeze. I hope tecmo fixes this. Can't gitgud only fighting bots =|

so should I have the ninja/showstopper costumes available? I have the christie c29 costume, and it's showing catalog 3 as installed, but i dont have access to ninja/showstopper stuff (on ps4)

follow up to this post

Some catalogs for LR are not available unless you actually get the content. For example I have catalog 3 (Showstoppers encore) and im willing to bet catalog 1 is ninja or some of the swimsuits, and more catalogs already out but not available for everyone until the pre order DLC is also.

you should have catalog 3, just check if you have christie's black version of her C1 (would be C29, the last one) and youll know its installed.

Femto.

Nvm I am an idiot, I forgot to delete my save data on PS4 before attempting to restore my PS3 save data.

Everything carried over successfully now.

Femto.

I dunno, but many of my 5U DLC is locked on PS4 Core Fighters still, including Xmas 2014, Halloween 2013 and Halloween 2014.

Not sure if this will work for Core Fighters on PS4 but my issue for LR was that I had created save data on the PS4 before uploading my PS3 save data to the server. Once I deleted my PS4 save data I was able to download my PS3 save data into LR to have all of my purchases unlocked.

ryan13ts

I wonder if Tecmo has any intention of fixing the completely broken X1 version? Have they even acknowledged they knowing put out a product with a completely defective online mode yet?

Skilletor

I wonder if Tecmo has any intention of fixing the completely broken X1 version? Have they even acknowledged they knowing put out a product with a completely defective online mode yet?

Yes, they've been posting constant messages on both twitter and Facebook about issues with all versions.

Big Chungus

Played the Core fighters edition on PS4 and thought it was fun so I bought the retail edition.

Should I delete the Core Fighters data from my PS4 or will the retail edition use the same data?

LowParry

Ah Marie Rose. It's like a love/hate relationship with you. One time you are truly magnificent while the other times you're just complete trash. At least Nyotengu is great. :D

Throwback just seems broken with whatever mode you do. Training mode doesn't even cut it with requests. My own lobbies will just have to do for now.

Top Bottom