• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Timu

My Honoka in a bunny outfit vid seems to have the most views of the 10(Kasumi, Ayane, Nyo Tengu, Rachel, Tina, Lei Fang, Helena, Kokoro, Momiji) chicks I uploaded, and is my 2nd most viewed vid I uploaded ever...wow, didn't know people liked her that much!!!=O I guess the thumbnail showing her boobs in your face may have helped.

cwistofu

Has anyone ever returned an unopened game to Best Buy after using a preorder bonus code? I'm not trying to be shady; BB still hasn't shipped my copy and at this point I'd rather have the game digitally despite the GCU discount.

Will I be allowed to take the game and return it, or will they give me grief because of the used code?

Hubb

Has anyone ever returned an unopened game to Best Buy after using a preorder bonus code? I'm not trying to be shady; BB still hasn't shipped my copy and at this point I'd rather have the game digitally despite the GCU discount.

Will I be allowed to take the game and return it, or will they give me grief because of the used code?

I haven't done that, but I've had that issue with other retailers and they don't care.

Tom Lee and Kat have been amazing all weekend at Winter Brawl.

image_zpsa98c0044.jpg

Tom got bodied.

image_zpsed62d17c.jpg

Maybe old news, but I unlocked the legendary swimsuits for Christie and Tina just with Rookie Arcade (360).

Good to know. I am going to HATE having to re-unlock everything, when this game comes out on PC. The outfit in my avatar is still the best costume in the game IMO, but I really dont want to have to trudge through Survival mode again. Getting 300 ranked matches to unlock it could be impossible too (no one plays this game on the 360 in Australia at least).

Hubb

Good to know. I am going to HATE having to re-unlock everything, when this game comes out on PC. The outfit in my avatar is still the best costume in the game IMO, but I really dont want to have to trudge through Survival mode again. Getting 300 ranked matches to unlock it could be impossible too (no one plays this game on the 360 in Australia at least).

You don't like her preorder swimsuit more?

I've been trying to use Sarah online, and I think trying to play this game like Virtua Fighter is causing me to get bodied.

I should probably just pick a DOA character and actually learn this game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I've been trying to use Sarah online, and I think trying to play this game like Virtua Fighter is causing me to get bodied.

Also you should try practicing buddies online. That kinda helps.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm through my mashing phase and onto understanding this game on a more technical level...

So why the hell is this game not at Evo?

DOA usually isnt at those kind of competitions. At large its turned into a "lol that's the game for perverts" largely cause of the volleyball games and no real output for 7 years. And that's before even getting to the fact that Evo is biased against 3D fighters to start

Skilletor

DOA usually isnt at those kind of competitions. At large its turned into a "lol that's the game for perverts" largely cause of the volleyball games and no real output for 7 years. And that's before even getting to the fact that Evo is biased against 3D fighters to start

Nah, doa has had at least as many people entering at majors as Tekken. It's not at EVO because that is still not many people showing up to majors.

Doa is on the come up on the competitive scene.

And evo isn't biased against 3d fighters. The communities are biased against showing up for tourneys.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Nah, doa has had at least as many people entering at majors as Tekken. It's not at EVO because that is still not many people showing up to majors.

Doa is on the come up on the competitive scene.

And evo isn't biased against 3d fighters. The communities are biased against showing up for tourneys.

I know that Temco and Team Ninja really support their own competitive tournaments, which i think is really great. But they have to do that for a reason unfortuntely

So DOA is not a big tournament draw? Asking cause I have no idea an am a noob to the modern fighting game world.
It isn't a big tournament draw, but I am not privy to why. The pervy aspects of the game might be part of it.

PEOPLE are biased against 3D fighters. None of them are bringing in players right now, and that is not Evo's fault. Evo used to be legit biased against Smash, but when Smash fans had a chance to show up? Kaboom.

Thankfully, MrWizard got Namco to bring T7 arcade machines in.

QFT.

ShinMaruku

All I can say about EVO is it's a mindshare thing, if a game gets great mindshare in the scene it has a chance. DOA has turn out problems and a negative stigma to it. So I would never expect to see this at EVO. However there are other events that you can go to. If you grow the mind share then maybe it can go back to evo. Last time I was there at microsoft's behest.

Skilletor

I know that Temco and Team Ninja really support their own competitive tournaments, which i think is really great. But they have to do that for a reason unfortuntely

I don't get this sentiment. It's a good thing for companies to support their games. I don't know why you'd think them doing it is a negative thing.

ShinMaruku

I don't get this sentiment. It's a good thing for companies to support their games. I don't know why you'd think them doing it is a negative thing.

Probably feels that it's artificial with the support. Kinda like how MK got sparked. But after if it catches fire the support pays dividends with actual engagement.

TWILT

Banned
"Spamming cheater - Go to hell"

Ahhh, it's been a while since I've gotten any hate mail. :p I'm not even that good at this game.

LUXURY

You can't play her like in Virtua Fighter. Don't give up cause she's great, it's just a different game. If anything she's better in this. She's my main character.

IconGrist

In used to get hate mail all the time in Vanilla and Ultimate. Nothing yet for LR. I don't see a whole lot of Mila used in tourneys or online so I have no idea if I'm using her properly.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
In used to get hate mail all the time in Vanilla and Ultimate. Nothing yet for LR. I don't see a whole lot of Mila used in tourneys or online so I have no idea if I'm using her properly.

Mila is really underrated I feel people should bother to train with her to see some of the good things she can do. She is not my main but she has some good combos that can end with grapples.

Have they announced when the free XB1 version is going to be available?

What region are you in? It's been available in the US for days. Find DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round: Core Fighters in the store, and choose "Play trial." It's right under the Buy option.

You can just do a search for Dead or Alive if you don't want to look through the store.

ShinMaruku

Mila is not used much because she does not work quite right online without extensive experience. She has some really great guaranteed combos if you set up her mounting. You can force people to make bad guesses and really eat them.

Demoskinos

Huh, well seems playing Arcade with Throwdowns on makes the game freeze up at the results screen where it displays your score. On PS4 if you go into network settings real quick and uncheck the "go online" button then re check it it will turn off throwdowns allowing you to advance again.

Hubb

Man I am terrible at guards/holds/counters/whatever. Once I get stuck in a combo I'm pretty much done lol

Yeah Holds are what I am absolutely terrible at. I'm not even sure of a good way to practice holds either. Play against the AI and just try to hold everything they throw at you?

Skilletor

Counter window hasn't changed much. It's tougher by a frame or two in this, I think, but has been the same otherwise since doa2.

But yeah, online is still rough and people with fast jabs are more difficult to beat even in good connections.

Top Bottom