• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Your mistake is thinking everyone wants to fap to her. I thought we were over these talks, but with some of the shit people keep saying I have to wonder how much projection is going on.
I've seen plenty of 18 to 30 young petite looking women like Marie Rose. Legality isn't based on what a person looks like, it's age of consent. It's 16 in Japan and 17-18 in the U.S. depending on the state.
dPLYphX.jpg

I've said my peace now, I shan't derail this thread any further.

I've seen plenty of 18 to 30 young petite looking women like Marie Rose. Legality isn't based on what a person looks like, it's age of consent. It's 16 in Japan and 17-18 in the U.S. depending on the state.

Nitpicking, but thought it was 13 in Japan. Is 16 here in UK.

If you're embarrassed or having... uncomfortable thoughts when you play a game and see certain characters, Marie Rose or whoever else, that's your issue and can guarantee most others are not having that problem so don't try to project your insecurities onto others is all I have to say about it.

Besides, the real explanation behind the character is clearly the idol boom in Japan right now. Not making a character mirroring that is like living under a rock these days, even Tekken got into it. The pandering dlc is another argument in itself lol, either side of that fence can be sided on.

Me I'll just continue to write my Momiji fanfiction and let you guys keep debating the moral compass highlighter that is Marie Rose apparently...

I'm aware of what they're pandering to with this and various fetish DLC. One persons fetish is someone else's punchline.
There is a fun, accessible fighting game that is being buried under Team Ninja's increasing desperation. Instead of spending time ensuring that the online modes function or there aren't glitches that delete saves on the third release of a game, it feels like they care more about squeezing money out of otaku's with voyeur photo modes and toddler bathing suit DLC.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
There is a fun, accessible fighting game that is being buried under Team Ninja's increasing desperation. Instead of spending time ensuring that the online is function or their aren't glitches that delete saves on the third release of a game, it feels like they care more about squeezing money out of otaku's with voyeur photo modes and toddler bathing suit DLC.

It's ok Itagaki some people still care about you.
image.php

Love the new input for Kassie's teleport. I can finally chain some better combos together lol.

Still sometimes have the habit of using P+K instead, but getting used to it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
There is a fun, accessible fighting game that is being buried under Team Ninja's increasing desperation. Instead of spending time ensuring that the online modes function or there aren't glitches that delete saves on the third release of a game, it feels like they care more about squeezing money out of otaku's with voyeur photo modes and toddler bathing suit DLC.

Well, it's what's popular nowadays, lol.

I personally like how unapologetic Dead or Alive series is in its perseverance on milking the sexiness of their characters; there are no sense of pretentiousness or faking, or trying to become what it's certainly not; they just stick to what they like doing and go full throttle with it.

I like it.

Well, it'd be helpful if every now and then they put more polish the game on the technical side too, but it is what it is, haha.

Hubb

Yes the same people making the costume DLC are dealing with the netcode and bugs. Why don't you apply for a job there and show them the error of their ways. Because DoA isn't about pandering, well at least until Marie Rose came around.

I get you feel it is sick, great, good for you. I like to think the vast majority of us don't view things that way and can separate the issue. Do you go to a beach and card all the people there? I wouldn't want you sharing space with underage girls in bathing suits.

ShinMaruku

Well, it's what's popular nowadays, lol.

I personally like how unapologetic Dead or Alive series is in its perseverance on milking the sexiness of their characters; there are no sense of pretentiousness or faking, or trying to become what it's certainly not; they just stick to what they like doing and go full throttle with it.

I like it.

Well, it'd be helpful if every now and then they put more polish the game on the technical side too, but it is what it is, haha.

I love that too. They are putting polish on the technical side as well. But I think it needs more clever marketing and a good default set up.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I love that too. They are putting polish on the technical side as well. But I think it needs more clever marketing and a good default set up.

I mean, the DOA series, in my eyes, has always been "pandering" in various ways but it's that sense of "fuck it I don't care about your guys opinion here have some breast jiggle and panties" no-nonsense attitude it has that I personally like.

Like a said, no pretentiousness, just a gung-ho attitude.

Although certainly it helped that it's got a good gameplay behind it too. Well, at least that's what everyone says because I am frankly rubbish at fighting games but I enjoy the eye candies that the series provide, haha.

BTW, my PSN is LaughingBanana. I've finally finished downloading the Core Fighters and downloaded almost all the characters/costumes/yada-yada that I want. Haven't tried online though considering that I am, like I said, rubbish at fighting games, but anyway, love to have the opportunity to play with fellow GAF members whenever I have the chance. PS4.

ShinMaruku

When I mean more clever marketing I mean they target their niche people and others in different ways. You can sell things to two different groups and be successful. Problem is they are using the kinks and not the solid game. Probably because they thought like the founding fathers that the masses like complexity.

Guys what is the fastest way to unlock costumes? I played for a couple of hours now and I don't think I've unlocked something. I have the full version.

When I mean more clever marketing I mean they target their niche people and others in different ways. You can sell things to two different groups and be successful. Problem is they are using the kinks and not the solid game. Probably because they thought like the founding fathers that the masses like complexity.

Isnt that what they tried to do with the whole "I am a fighter" campaign. That died pretty quick sadly after the initial game dropped. Personally loved that direction. Felt serious and also had the extra fun fans like.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
In terms of Marie Rose I think she looks good and I like the design. There are people in real life that are her age and look like that. Hell if Honoka didn't have huge knockers people would be pissed with her considering she has a baby face too and is also short.

The DLC appeals to all fetishes and if people are into really young looking fictional girls it doesn't mean they are into real life young girls. I pray most people can separate fiction and reality and just have fun with fiction.

They really need to make a flat chested grown women though. (I'm feeling left out lol)

ShinMaruku

I don't know why they went away from that. Could be a very cynical play that not mater what they do people would nitpick and bitch and they put all their money in their more receptive fanbase.

Astral

Guys what is the fastest way to unlock costumes? I played for a couple of hours now and I don't think I've unlocked something. I have the full version.

You unlock them by doing any of the single player modes in any difficulty. I think Survival in rookie is the fastest. Do tag battles to unlock outfits for multiple characters.

Sakura

Exactly so apparently
Mature=Big Chest
Too Young=Small Chest
Regardless of the face.
This is why cup size angst exist folks.

I would also argue that Honoka's personality is more infantile, and she is actually portrayed as a school girl. She is also barely taller than Marie Rose too.

One thing I don't get with Honoka is the "Why am I... so hot?"

I kinda thought her magic god hand burns up and makes her wanna fight people. Or it burns up when she fights, making her ask why she's hot.

But then I realised I was reading into it way too much, and that this is Team Ninja lol. It has to just be some dumb line about her sexiness.

Saying that, anyone know what the literal JP voice says?

Sakura

One thing I don't get with Honoka is the "Why am I... so hot?"

I kinda thought her magic god hand burns up and makes her wanna fight people. Or it burns up when she fights, making her ask why she's hot.

But then I realised I was reading into it way too much, and that this is Team Ninja lol. It has to just be some dumb line about her sexiness.

Saying that, anyone know what the literal JP voice says?

In the Japanese she says like 'What is this, it's hot'. "Hot" in Japanese doesn't refer to physical looks the way it does in English.

In the Japanese she says like 'What is this, it's hot'. "Hot" in Japanese doesn't refer to physical looks the way it does in English.

Oh good! So my initial instinct was right! That's a god damn relief, and doesn't make her come across as having a massive ego.

To be fair, they really could have worded that better for the English translation -_-

I really wish they added to the story for all DLC characters, damn.

Oh good! So my initial instinct was right! That's a god damn relief, and doesn't make her come across as having a massive ego.

To be fair, they really could have worded that better for the English translation -_-

Aren't all the puns and taunts innuendos tho?

Would be interesting hearing literal translations of everything to see differences.

LowParry

I still don't understand how you concluded that she was referring herself to being hot (attractive). That seems much more in line with something that Tina would do.

I still don't understand how you concluded that she was referring herself to being hot (attractive). That seems much more in line with something that Tina would do.

You really can't see why I made that assumption? We hardly know anything of Honoka's personality. For all I knew, she could have had a bit of an ego about her attractiveness. idk.

Meh, my instinct was right, and I got the answer, which now slightly reveals a tiny bit more of her background/personality.

LowParry

You really can't see why I made that assumption? We hardly know anything of Honoka's personality. For all I knew, she could have had a bit of an ego about her attractiveness. idk.

Meh, my instinct was right, and I got the answer, which now slightly reveals a tiny bit more of her background/personality.

Naw I just don't see it. She seems like the concerned girl who if she bumps into to you, it's a "Are you okay?" concern. Nothing hostile like a "Are you okay? BUSTA WOLLLLF!" your face off sort of thing.

Ok lol. All I've seen is a couple of different win/lose poses of her. *shrug*

The amount of comments I've seen about that quote after seeing just that win pose shows I wasn't alone in reading it a different way. But whatevs, was initially right and we can all sleep well now.

I've been training on PS4 but no PS Plus. I haven't gone back to PS3 yet.

It's not possible to transfer PS4 data back to PS3 is it? And keep reversing? It's just PS3 to PS4 right?

Meh, I can still just try online on PS3.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ah of course, to weed out non-GAF lurkers eh.

Anyways, can a person playing with Core Fighters version like myself play online together with those that purchase full version?

Yes you can play against people who have the full version. That is the beauty of it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Ah of course, to weed out non-GAF lurkers eh.

Anyways, can a person playing with Core Fighters version like myself play online together with those that purchase full version?

Yeah I've been playing with my girlfriend through core fighters just fine! It had to completely finish downloading before it let her access online though.

Hm, just unlocked music in PS3 upgraded version. Wonder if I carry data over to PS4 Core Fighters, it will unlock it too. Can't unlock music in PS4 Core Fighters.

TWILT

Banned
Added myself to the spreadsheet. If anyone's on PS3 and wants to fight a scrubby Kokoro, just add me, though let me know if you're from GAF!

Top Bottom