• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
QUOTE THIS POST TO REVEAL THE ID LIST TO THOSE WHO CAN'T READ THE OT I WORKED ON
iiCJLn18UdOwv.gif

DO NOT SHARE THE LINK TO OUTSIDERS OR MAKE THE LINK PUBLIC SO OUTSIDERS CAN SEE THE LINK.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yes you can play against people who have the full version. That is the beauty of it.

Yeah I've been playing with my girlfriend through core fighters just fine! It had to completely finish downloading before it let her access online though.

Lovely then :)

I am one of the flies trapped by this game's smell of honey; have spent an upwards of 50 bucks already for characters, costumes, and movies, lol.

Gonna spend more time with various characters that I have available (Kasumi, Akane, Helena, Kokoro, Leifang, Hitomi, Momiji, Honoka, and that one guy Hayate) to find out which one I am most comfortable with.

People here saying that the most noob-friendly one is Hitomi, so I'll try her first. Based on looks alone I like Kokoro the most though, haha.

Vazra

Lovely then :)

I am one of the flies trapped by this game's smell of honey; have spent an upwards of 50 bucks already for characters, costumes, and movies, lol.

Gonna spend more time with various characters that I have available (Kasumi, Akane, Helena, Kokoro, Leifang, Hitomi, Momiji, Honoka, and that one guy Hayate) to find out which one I am most comfortable with.

People here saying that the most noob-friendly one is Hitomi, so I'll try her first. Based on looks alone I like Kokoro the most though, haha.

Hitomi is indeed noob friendly. Kokoro isnt good with tracking so people who know how to sidestep can eat you alive if you dont know how to use Kokoro properly. Leifang is great for her holds but she might take a bit to get used to her, Momiji is good imo, no opinion on Honoka and Hayate is alright.

Already on the list so feel free to add me (PS4). Been training all day getting familiarized with everything again with multiple characters so I probably won't be jumping online tonight.

Still trying to narrow down my mains though I'm getting closer than I was before. If there was one VF character that I wished was in the game it would easily be Vanessa though. Don't get me wrong, I love Pai and Sarah but her style meddled with me perfectly in VF5.

Grisby

I wish there was a Bajiquan teacher in Florida who lived close to me. I'd really like to learn the style after seeing Kokoro's moves. Looks so awesome.

many here are able to overlook an oversexed game to find a very fun fighter, it is a game

I understand these threads get like this but some of you guys are projecting too much of your insecurities into this game's sex fetishes, if Marie Rose gives you feels that make you feel uncomfortable don't play this game and avoid the threads

these games have been coming out of Japan for decades and Team Ninja are proud to be known for lewd sexy content - a Senran Kagura Collaboration should clue you in to whom these games are targeted at. It also has a Vita version - targeted at perverts is not a lie, you can be blunt about it. These games use sexy-cuteness a lot to sell a product to a culture they know they can exploit and make a huge profit

We are not Congress we are not here to pass gaming laws to make them more decent to pure tastes, if this is not for you DOA should have told you so from the very first game's release. To come in this thread and act offended by Marie Rose's suit is a waste of your energy, we can all see what she is wearing... This shit is expected from Team Ninja

I like boobs and Marie Rose has very little of what I like as eye candy, I don't get on here and talk shit about her because she has her fans and besides what she looks like she is a good fun fighter in a 'Game'

if you are a Father of a little girl and you just happen to know where to find this because your wife is shopping or something
dPLYphX.jpg

I say just maybe there is nothing creepy about it, just maybe - out of context that shit is creepy as hell

bringing this here bugs the hell out of me because we are now comparing it to a video game character - fantasy is not harmless when someone wants to twist it into the context of the real world

Marie Rose does not make me think of a real life 11 year old when I see her wearing something of the same style my mind just good oh thats cute because in the context of DOA Marie Rose would wear that kind of thing I can make the distinction

the thing we all need to understand is how to be adults, and understand the difference between reality and fantasy

separating the two is a skill that is needed or you become a very twisted person
if in your real life you go around beating down women because you do it in DOA5 there are laws you'd face for that

Marie Rose being a lolita is only acceptable in 'Japanese' games, western literature, or Hollywood film

She does not look young enough to pander to the group you are claiming she is

if the dev said Marie Rose is 18, it is not really the same as a dev making a 12 year old looking dragon lady that they say 500 years old

when you put it in real world Japanese Game Developer context Team Ninja is failing to reach the loli-camp they would need to do more with the Senran Kagura Collaboration

most of those games try to sneak in a token loli it is a trend in most anime
but after decades of seeing this culture in games and anime, knowing they have created far far worst offenses Marie Rose is seriously 18 she gets a pass sorry she is not even close - she would be rejected by olli-pillow huggers

One thing I don't get with Honoka is the "Why am I... so hot?"

I kinda thought her magic god hand burns up and makes her wanna fight people. Or it burns up when she fights, making her ask why she's hot.

But then I realised I was reading into it way too much, and that this is Team Ninja lol. It has to just be some dumb line about her sexiness.

Saying that, anyone know what the literal JP voice says?

In the Japanese she says like 'What is this, it's hot'. "Hot" in Japanese doesn't refer to physical looks the way it does in English.

seriously guys you lack imagination

she copies fighting ability and has the same red haze that Raidou has during that victory you can also see it in some of her power punches

http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Honoka

Raidou's daughter is my take from this

the Lore of DOA is corny as hell that is why real life context is not what you should focus on when Monoka says she is hot - she is not saying she is sexy
her origin will come someday but they are giving you a clue to where her copy powers come from the red smoke - red mist thing is visible

English wordage is still stupid.

most of the english wordage is stupid, they don't translate well at all

Marie Rose's '...CAUSE I'M LITTLE' lol just adds fuel to a master ninja's fire

a lot is lost in the translation and I doubt they will give Monoka a story arc

they hardly gave any character a story outside of Kasume and the stories we have so far are shallow we only see clues of where these people come from and a little of why they fight

but I like the clue in Monoka she is kinda like a parody of Street Fighter's super secret characters it is too funny to think she has a special super power

p.s. I just want to note I love the english voice for all the DOA cast they seem to fit even when what they say sounds out of place

Sure, I don't mind. I really would like DOA6 within 2 years tbh, but volleyball in between is fine if they wanna do that.

:mad:

since DOA5LR is pretty much a port up, would not mind seeing volleyball used as a showcase for this generation PS4X1 updated visuals

for DOA6 I want a Monoka sized Nyotengu

both being 18 and all well 1018 lol

ryan13ts

Any X1 players that want to duke it out online? My gamertag is HTC00. Of course, we'll have to add each other and invite into a room as it's the only way to play online so far, but at least it's still an option.

DR2K

Banned
Is there a fighter in this game that is super strong to fight against or are they all balanced?

I have never seen a tier list for this series

The reason you never see one is because the community can never fucking agree on one. Most characters are good or viable. Some say Alpha is broken and some say she's the worst in the game. So that's about the only major outlier.

The reason you never see one is because the community can never fucking agree on one. Most characters are good or viable. Some say Alpha is broken and some say she's the worst in the game. So that's about the only major outlier.

this is a pretty good achievement that fans cannot agree on it

catmincer

Ok what the hell is with the character pricing. I bought core fighters and wanted to get Helena she costs $5.85 in my local currency.

Expensive so I thought maybe just buy a pack. So the 26 character one costs $66.95. The full game is $49.95.

That seems ridiculous so I probably won't bother buying anything further.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ok what the hell is with the character pricing. I bought core fighters and wanted to get Helena she costs $5.85 in my local currency.

Expensive so I thought maybe just buy a pack. So the 26 character one costs $66.95. The full game is $49.95.

That seems ridiculous so I probably won't bother buying anything further.

It's wayy cheaper (to the point of absurdity, imo) to just go ahead and buy the full (well... not really *full*) version. I've already spent around 50 bucks to buy characters, costumes, and movies alone for my Core version, lol.

It's just that I don't ever see myself using lots of characters, they just don't appeal to me, so I went ahead and go this route.

catmincer

It's wayy cheaper (to the point of absurdity, imo) to just go ahead and buy the full (well... not really *full*) version. I've already spent around 50 bucks to buy characters, costumes, and movies alone for my Core version, lol.

It's just that I don't ever see myself using lots of characters, they just don't appeal to me, so I went ahead and go this route.

Yeah. I didn't realise the full version is so cheap or I would have done that. I might just grab Helena and Sarah. The rest of the characters I don't really care about I guess.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah. I didn't realise the full version is so cheap or I would have done that. I might just grab Helena and Sarah. The rest of the characters I don't really care about I guess.

Well if you only go for 2 characters (and you get 3 for free so you have a total of 5) then this is indeed a much cheaper route even if you buy all of their costumes.... I think.

I am not quite sure about the trophy situation though... Is it possible to get platinum in the core fighter version...? Not quite sure. I am guessing no?

I am honest about what I LOVE :3

I am already 50 bucks poorer due to my honesty, lol.

Ferr986

Sure, I don't mind. I really would like DOA6 within 2 years tbh, but volleyball in between is fine if they wanna do that.

Considering it looks like they didnt even start with DOAX, no way they'll make DOA6 in 2 years if they have to do that first.

I would rather they do DOA6 first, and after that they do their volleyball thingy. Not only they would benefit from better models, but also bigger userbase (considering they'll probably make a fuckton of money selling costumes in that game).

it could be worst you guys could be another $93 in deep

I am trying to hold out for a sale but honestly those costumes are nice I miss the days of free 3DS spotpass downloads

LoveCake

What are the chances of a season pass for DOA:LR?

One where you get all the content automatically & any future content, also i would want some sort of discount.

dreamfall

What's up with the preorder costumes? Like I redeemed my voucher for the Amazon code, and they show up in my item list, but are they just not up yet on PSN? It's weird.

Dont know if this was posted earlier but saw this on the Tecmo twitter.

What's up with the preorder costumes? Like I redeemed my voucher for the Amazon code, and they show up in my item list, but are they just not up yet on PSN? It's weird.

There's a bunch of stuff that doesn't work in this game at the moment. I play on XB so I cant really say on PS4, but I would imagine its a problem on Tecmo's side.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I bought Pai's casual dress thingy on PS3....but its 1.99 even though i brought my save and DLC data over :X

What are the chances of a season pass for DOA:LR?

One where you get all the content automatically & any future content, also i would want some sort of discount.

None. They are gonna want you to pay out of pocket for future costumes, cause even they dont know how much content they are going to put out.

NEO0MJ

QUOTE THIS POST TO REVEAL THE ID LIST TO THOSE WHO CAN'T READ THE OT I WORKED ON
iiCJLn18UdOwv.gif

DO NOT SHARE THE LINK TO OUTSIDERS OR MAKE THE LINK PUBLIC SO OUTSIDERS CAN SEE THE LINK.

Why must you use such a derogatory term to describe people from outside this forum :(

DR2K

Banned
I bought Pai's casual dress thingy on PS3....but its 1.99 even though i brought my save and DLC data over :X

None. They are gonna want you to pay out of pocket for future costumes, cause even they dont know how much content they are going to put out.

Pais casual dress is a part of LR ps4 for free. You just have to unlock it.

So I finally just got my first match online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OGX-ZKH_0M
And I'm not really sure how to play against the flying cartwheel thingy. I was trying to block/counter it, but it didn't help that there was like a full second of input lag when I was playing... what am I supposed to do against this?

That is one scrubby bitch Alpha.

Rather than trying to counter/hold if you're not sure if the kicks are coming out as high or mid, you should just learn to hold the block button down until the cartwheel string is done. Then you can get your free hit/throw in.

I have the same issue sometimes - try to hold instead of using block, but I'm changing my mindset slowly.

iiCJLn18UdOwv.gif

How do I add my psn to this? I'm on mobile and don't know how. My psn is ParadoxyMoron though if anyone can add me to the list.

Can I just say that core fighters is a clever idea, I have arcade mode, training, tag team, online and some other modes along with a bunch of good fighters and two random unlocks every week for £4, I honestly can't complain.

I like the idea of being able to buy a character you want, back in DoA 2, 3 and 4 even though I would go over arcade mode with everyone I usually stuck to only half of the cast I enjoyed using, core fighters let's me do that again but for cheap.

Vazra

The main issues with people that I see in the game is trying to do a full string combo while the opponent is already blocking and the string is an easy read. (Usually full of mids or mids only) Another issue people seem to struggle with is lower defense and low and high counters and kick countering. I get a lot of free shots thanks to many that leave their lower defense open for attack like always and rarely try crouching for block. Many of the times I was getting Tina 2 KKK combo easily when that is unsafe as hell to do fully. Another thing some people should try understanding is the range of who they are using since sometimes some of the match ups should be in their favor if they know how to work with their positioning at the match. Also it wouldn't hurt knowing how each character works better in terms of range and what is their bread and butter to be aware of what they do. Usually that comes with practice which can be done in the training or just fighting but some people just play and think that their combos is the only things they should worry about instead of learning more properties and elements that could help them adapt what might be their different match ups.

Can I just say that core fighters is a clever idea, I have arcade mode, training, tag team, online and some other modes along with a bunch of good fighters and two random unlocks every week for £4, I honestly can't complain.

I like the idea of being able to buy a character you want, back in DoA 2, 3 and 4 even though I would go over arcade mode with everyone I usually stuck to only half of the cast I enjoyed using, core fighters let's me do that again but for cheap.

People who aren't idiots know it's a great system.

I only main Kasumi, so guess what? I pay nothing.

I've been holding out for the PC version, but going by the technical problems the current gen ports are having I'm expecting PC is going to be a right mess.

So how's the Ps3 version of LR holding up? any problems?

Also as a long suffering VF fan who is a Pai main, is she available to play from the start or do I have to unlock her first?

Top Bottom