• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I've been holding out for the PC version, but going by the technical problems the current gen ports are having I'm expecting PC is going to be a right mess.

So how's the Ps3 version of LR holding up? any problems?

Also as a long suffering VF fan who is a Pai main, is she available to play from the start or do I have to unlock her first?

I think exhibition mode lets you use all unlockable outfits and characters but you dont get titles or achievements/trophies while that is enable IIRC

NEO0MJ

outsiders is derogatory to describe people from 'outside' the forum?

It dehumanizes them. The term "non-members" should be used instead.

I was just having fun :p

I've been holding out for the PC version, but going by the technical problems the current gen ports are having I'm expecting PC is going to be a right mess.

So how's the Ps3 version of LR holding up? any problems?

Why not wait and see how the PC version runs first?

Vazra

With pain comes pleasure. >:)

I think I noticed you were an expert at that last night with Kasumi. Grapple here, grapple there, one full combo into grapple and one or two ground grapples. Kasumi seemed to like smelling the roses (or in our case the sand) while getting beaten.

Now that I have you on PSN we could train together sometime if you like

Ferr986

Sorry if it has been already said but just got the physical version and the progress made in Core Fighters doesn't count for trophies.

Spuck-uk

Banned
If you pay to unlock a character in ore Fighters, do you get any of their costumes? (the ones unlocked by default in Last Round proper)

I think I noticed you were an expert at that last night with Kasumi. Grapple here, grapple there, one full combo into grapple and one or two ground grapples. Kasumi seemed to like smelling the roses (or in our case the sand) while getting beaten.

Now that I have you on PSN we could train together sometime if you like

I am a noob, I know XD I will blame some of it on switching from PS4 to PS3 last night lol.

Yeah, we can definitely do that when you want. In UK on wireless, so forgive the lag if there is any :l

Vazra

I am a noob, I know XD I will blame some of it on switching from PS4 to PS3 last night lol.

Yeah, we can definitely do that when you want. In UK on wireless, so forgive the lag if there is any :l

Actually I didn't seem to notice big lag issues in our match. So it should be decent.

Ninja Dom

Hi Guys, I've been away for the weekend so I don't know if anybody has discussed these.

But none of the Last Round stuff is available to purchase from Core Fighters on the Playstation Store. I can't buy Honoka. They're still selling just Ultimate add ons and extras. Is this supposed to be that way? PS3 here.

Demoskinos

I wouldn't mind having more people to roll with in lobby matches. If someone could add me to "
the list"
That would be cool. My PSN is "Demoskinos" and Right now I've been mostly maining Rachel with some Phase 4 and Raidou play on the side.

LoveCake

There's a $92.99 DOA5LR Season Pass that gives you 78 upcoming costume DLCs. I think it's only available on PS4 and Xbone.
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...pass/cid=UP4108-CUSA01665_00-SEASONPASS000000

I hope there is a EU/UK one though, that link is USA only, i hope Temco know that there are plenty of pervs here in the UK/EU!

At $93 that should be £60.50 but i doubt it will be -.- even though there is no shiping issues, but i'm not going to go into that right now.

UK tournament.

Bayo will tell me I'm not good enough.

UK Fighters! Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be @ Sakura Fight Fiesta on 20-22 March.

11002579_10152828670626785_2813304854498571528_n.png

Vazra

UK tournament.

Bayo will tell me I'm not good enough.

11002579_10152828670626785_2813304854498571528_n.png

Good enough or not you should support the game at these events because if not enough people show that is letting the competitive scene of the game die. If I had the opportunity to do some tourneys over here I would go despite my skills not being the most polished ones. There you get people that will give you feedback on your playstyle and give you tips and new friendships can be done. Go for it and enjoy it without taking it too seriously unless you make it to the finals then you should kick major ass and get the prize :p

Eolz

Don't know if it was shared already, but there's a post-purchase survey.
NA link
EU link (I'm sure for the NA link, just changed the end for the EU link and it apparently work)

You can give feedback on stages, characters, policies, etc.

Also if you want a DOAX3, or some other games
like your Hayate/Kasumi spinoff ;)
, it's the place to say it.

Hi Guys, I've been away for the weekend so I don't know if anybody has discussed these.

But none of the Last Round stuff is available to purchase from Core Fighters on the Playstation Store. I can't buy Honoka. They're still selling just Ultimate add ons and extras. Is this supposed to be that way? PS3 here.
Feb 24 for PS3 :)

Just downloaded this last night.

Picked Christie in bathing suit...Wife walked in....Eyes rolled a full 360.

let her pick the costumes for you

before you know it, she will pick it up to play dress up.

but then she'll end up going to tournaments and placing top 8

NA link
EU link (I'm sure for the NA link, just changed the end for the EU link and it apparently work)

Good man, was waiting for this.

THIS IS IMPORTANT GUYS.

Everyone needs to have a think about what they wanna put in there before rushing into it.

I am happy to throw in feedback that others are passionate about if you post in here some things you really wanna pass on to the team.

Good enough or not you should support the game at these events because if not enough people show that is letting the competitive scene of the game die. If I had the opportunity to do some tourneys over here I would go despite my skills not being the most polished ones. There you get people that will give you feedback on your playstyle and give you tips and new friendships can be done. Go for it and enjoy it without taking it too seriously unless you make it to the finals then you should kick major ass and get the prize :p

You're absolutely right about that. If I lived closer to London I would defo go. All the major events for fucking everything are in London, so it's a pain in the arse for me in Wales. I guess for you American peeps, the distances are even fucking crazier, though o.o There is still time to think about it, but it's unlikely at this moment in time.

Hubb

I wouldn't mind having more people to roll with in lobby matches. If someone could add me to "
the list"
That would be cool. My PSN is "Demoskinos" and Right now I've been mostly maining Rachel with some Phase 4 and Raidou play on the side.

I could really use someone to spar with. Problem I have is a very tiny window to play (7-10 est best case). Weekends I am usually free whenever. I've had a busy work week and an even busier weekend so I'm very out of practice. No idea if those times during the week work for you, but if they do I'll add you.

Eolz

Same for the events, would go if I lived closer to some of those places.

For the survey, tbh, I'm probably gonna just ask about NG4 at the end, to tone down their DLC release schedule, and to separate again some costumes for DOAX.
I'm honestly pretty happy with the game mechanics right now, apart from the netcode, the catalogs system, and the stages that aren't as good as before.
Edit: oh yeah, and copy-pasting my answers in a doc to share later, in case some want or are missing some ideas.

And please, ask for Fatal Frame V in the west.

Anyone in UK able to answer a question for me.

I enjoy how the DoA games play and had 5 on vita but I don't own one any more so this for my ps4 has peaked my interest.

Looking on the store the biggest unlock is the female fighters pack. There is no all fighters pack or unlock everything pack. However I watched the giant bomb quick look last night and it seems, in the US at least, they have these options.

Anyone know why we don't have these options appear in UK?

Anyone in UK able to answer a question for me.

I enjoy how the DoA games play and had 5 on vita but I don't own one any more so this for my ps4 has peaked my interest.

Looking on the store the biggest unlock is the female fighters pack. There is no all fighters pack or unlock everything pack. However I watched the giant bomb quick look last night and it seems, in the US at least, they have these options.

Anyone know why we don't have these options appear in UK?

SCEE.

Sony Europe is fucking shit at getting anything up on the store, particularly Tecmo stuff.

It should come tomorrow. If not, then god knows what's going on.

SCEE.

Sony Europe is fucking shit at getting anything up on the store, particularly Tecmo stuff.

It should come tomorrow. If not, then god knows what's going on.

Figured it would be something like that. I'll check out the options when they turn up and decide then. Thanks.

Vazra

THIS IS IMPORTANT GUYS.

Everyone needs to have a think about what they wanna put in there before rushing into it.

I am happy to throw in feedback that others are passionate about if you post in here some things you really wanna pass on to the team.

I wrote about the stage quality being uneven and how awful the ground textures were and how just because the character style changed the stages didn't needed to change much. Talked about how they could implement more casual DLC to balance out the fanservice DLC and give male characters the same amount of care that they give to the female characters. (That also includes giving them fanservice outfits) Also suggested them adding a filter option so people could turn off outfits manually they didnt wanted to see which could help also ease people who dont want to see the fanservice outfits online while keeping but sides of the fans happy. Also suggested a more balanced approach to the promo making perhaps half promo casual and half promo with fan service just to keep things properly balanced.

I personally don't seem to have much complains about gameplay except maybe changing the properties on wake up kicks so I can actually punish them more and grabs that should go through but since at the last second someone does a slight movement that grapple and fall through despite seeing the hand touching the opponent. A few characters that need buffs and tweaks on their properties (Kokoro should get some tracking moves, Eliot needs better tools and more safety and same applies to Lisa to mention a few.)

Don't remember what else I wrote about but I went as detailed as I could be and that was a long ass time filling up all that stuff.

And please, ask for Fatal Frame V in the west.

I simply said to localize more the FF games so I guess that works LOL ( I wish I could have played 2 and 4 on US since I dont do much imports nowadays)

Ultimadrago

NA link

Thanks! Taking it now.

Shutts

Neo Member
Do we know when the pre-order costume sets will be able to buy from the PSN store? Are they included if you buy the season pass?

Can anyone give me some tips on how to use Mila or just tips in general? I'm getting destroyed online and wanna get some practice in later today after work. My psn is ParadoxyMoron.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is there anything resembling a consensus on a tier list for DoA5? Or is it like Tekken where it really doesn't matter.

Doesn't really matter when you can get good at reversals and ROFLSTOMP most people if you have the timing?

Vazra

Is there anything resembling a consensus on a tier list for DoA5? Or is it like Tekken where it really doesn't matter.

Its like Tekken IMO. The only character most people seem to trash is Alpha but everyone has enough tools to work with if you can adapt to them.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to use Mila or just tips in general? I'm getting destroyed online and wanna get some practice in later today after work. My psn is ParadoxyMoron.

Look at her commands to learn decent combos with chances to switch to grabs and learn to block and grab people after the strings.

xion4360

There's the FSD list.

It is incomplete, but could still be viewed as an interesting piece of work in regards for further discussion here at the forums. It was last updated 16.November.2014.

The current tiers are as following:
S - Christie (+31)
A - Gen Fu (+21), Ayane (+16), Kasumi (+13)
B - Helena (+11), Leifang (+10), Hayate (+9), Pai (+9), Momiji (+6), Lisa (+5), Leon, (+3), Hayabusa (+2), Sarah (+2), Rig (+1), Akira (±0) Jacky (±0)
C - Alpha 152 (-1), Mila (-1), Zack (-2), Marie Rose (-3), Bayman (-4), Hitomi (-5), Jann Lee (-5), Rachel (-5), Tina (-5), Phase 4 (-8), Bass (-11), Ein (-11)
D - Kokoro (-15), Nyotengu (-15), Brad (-17)
E - Eliot (-28)

Ferr986

I wrote about the stage quality being uneven and how awful the ground textures were and how just because the character style changed the stages didn't needed to change much. Talked about how they could implement more casual DLC to balance out the fanservice DLC and give male characters the same amount of care that they give to the female characters. (That also includes giving them fanservice outfits) Also suggested them adding a filter option so people could turn off outfits manually they didnt wanted to see which could help also ease people who dont want to see the fanservice outfits online while keeping but sides of the fans happy. Also suggested a more balanced approach to the promo making perhaps half promo casual and half promo with fan service just to keep things properly balanced.

I personally don't seem to have much complains about gameplay except maybe changing the properties on wake up kicks so I can actually punish them more and grabs that should go through but since at the last second someone does a slight movement that grapple and fall through despite seeing the hand touching the opponent. A few characters that need buffs and tweaks on their properties (Kokoro should get some tracking moves, Eliot needs better tools and more safety and same applies to Lisa to mention a few.)

Don't remember what else I wrote about but I went as detailed as I could be and that was a long ass time filling up all that stuff.

I simply said to localize more the FF games so I guess that works LOL ( I wish I could have played 2 and 4 on US since I dont do much imports nowadays)

I told them some similar things.
Baically that they can keep the fanservice stuff present, but also market the series more seriously towards the fighting scene (so not that much talk about soft skin and stuff). Also the outfit filter stuff, because it's a gread idea.

Also more female characters like Mila or Hitomi (cute but also more looking girls) and less Honokas (I tried her before going to work and I hate her, her voice is friggin annoying and the huge tits looks ridiculous IMO).

Also I told them I would rather them skip DOAX3 and do NG4 and DOA6.

So yeah.... I don't think they're gonna listen to me lol

Ultimadrago

THIS IS IMPORTANT GUYS.

I have been writing paragraphs, but in general the points have been:

- Stage textures/AA

- Option for individual characters to have English/Japanese voice toggles as there are some I prefer in English to Japanese vice versa. (Or was this option always available and I never noticed it?)

- Less boring, one-dimensional interactions (though unique tag combos is a start). Fun and/or interesting setups (through Story and pre-battle) are actively welcomed.

- I am fine with as many fanservice outfits as they can muster, but demand more creative or unorthodox outfits (Casual, Sexy Racing, Overalls, Halloween 2014) and less boring typical outfits (Nurse, Training Gear, Bath+Bedtime, Bunny, Maids)

- More fluid animation

- Do more with the key art. Overall, it's bland and (not to make it a contest but) Street Fighter is a positive example in these remarks.

- Make. DOAX3.

Eolz

Do we know when the pre-order costume sets will be able to buy from the PSN store? Are they included if you buy the season pass?

Probably in a month (if you don't count SCEE fuck-ups) and no for the season pass.

There's a tier list as said above, but apart from Eliott, every character can really do well. There's obviously some better suited, but it doesn't matter as much as in Street Fighter for example.

Ultimadrago

I did follow Bayo's lead in commenting on the lack of active updates regarding the Steam version of Last Round. I want to be as consistently updated on it as possible.

Sylver

Banned
Still no date for digital version of non Core Fighters (full version) edition for European Store?
I'm searching on Twitter or Blog with no luck, thanks in advance. Some people asking on both but no reply.
Sony should take measures against SCEE team.
They should hire people who really uses european accounts, It's impossible any european customer to be satisfied with this horrible service.

Look at her commands to learn decent combos with chances to switch to grabs and learn to block and grab people after the strings.
Is there a website like testyourmight I can research on? Sorry for all the questions I'm a fighting game noob trying to get into the community.

Demoskinos

I could really use someone to spar with. Problem I have is a very tiny window to play (7-10 est best case). Weekends I am usually free whenever. I've had a busy work week and an even busier weekend so I'm very out of practice. No idea if those times during the week work for you, but if they do I'll add you.

I'm usually free anytime after I get off work which at the latest is usually 6pm.

NA link

That's quite the detailed survey. Going to have to look over it after work.

I will take some notes of some points you guys have made.

I haven't put much thought into it yet, but I agree with most stuff mentioned already.

Also want more trance/techno remixes, like this one from DOAU. I am a sucker for this stuff, and so glad they put the WO3 remixes in.

Eolz

Yeah, in the end I wrote a lot more in this survey than I thought.
Top 3 characters: Ayane/Sarah/Ryu, said that Marie was a good thing because she was different. Top 3 stages: Lost World/Temple/Fuel

Also be sure to not mix up "online modes" and "online experience". You want to talk about the netcode in the second.
Edit: talked a lot about NG4 and DOAX3, said that another DOA spinoff would be nice, less Warriors from KT, RPGs would be nice.
Graphics are good but disappointing at the same time (great character models &1080p, but no AA & old textures). Sound is excellent. Stage design is okay, they should do like before, more interactivity, ceilings, verticality, etc.
Character design is excellent, but there should be as much for males and females, and more "interactions" (quotes, etc). Balance and game are overall good.
Need more updates on Steam version, share japanese links like Team Ninja does on their twitter. Don't listen too much to criticism when it's just "I don't like it!", but listen to what fanbases are saying (Ninja Gaiden), while still deciding on your own. Slower DLC release schedule, and more casual costumes, less bikinis (put them in DOAX3).

etc, etc

Top Bottom