• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

DunpealD

I personally don't seem to have much complains about gameplay except maybe changing the properties on wake up kicks so I can actually punish them more and grabs that should go through but since at the last second someone does a slight movement that grapple and fall through despite seeing the hand touching the opponent.

Do you mean it as a range issue or as a "throw doesn't work, because enemy did a strike"?

If it's the first one, that's usually because of balance. Especially when throws are faster than the fastest strike. If it's the latter then it's intended and there are special throws called offensive holds to make you happy.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Do you mean it as a range issue or as a "throw doesn't work, because enemy did a strike"?

If it's the first one, that's usually because of balance. Especially when throws are faster than the fastest strike. If it's the latter then it's intended and there are special throws called offensive holds to make you happy.

There are different types of situations. Sometimes the strike comes out too late to the point that it looks absurd (Im okay if its mid animation but when the grab is already touchingthe opponent it shouldn't happen) and sometimes them just moving backwards slightly ruins the grapple too.

I would like them to keep the triangle system but at the same time show some priority to the animations since sometimes it doesn't make sense with some situations and doesn't look or visually dont flow that well. That is an aspect I kinda appreciate on VF when there is certain respect to animations when some situations do happen and when DOA is so similar to VF it kinda makes you wonder if it would kill them a bit to tweak things a bit. I'm not saying to forget the triangle system but there should also be some value of fairness when it comes to these situations.

DunpealD

There are different types of situations. Sometimes the strike comes out too late to the point that it looks absurd (Im okay if its mid animation but when the grab is already touchingthe opponent it shouldn't happen) and sometimes them just moving backwards slightly ruins the grapple too.

I would like them to keep the triangle system but at the same time show some priority to the animations since sometimes it doesn't make sense with some situations and doesn't look or visually dont flow that well. That is an aspect I kinda appreciate on VF when there is certain respect to animations when some situations do happen and when DOA is so similar to VF it kinda makes you wonder if it would kill them a bit to tweak things a bit. I'm not saying to forget the triangle system but there should also be some value of fairness when it comes to these situations.

Well unlike VF, DoA doesn't have throwbreaks, except neutral throws. As I said the neutral throws are like 5 frames while the fastest strike is like 10. It wouldn't surprise me if the changes you want would fudge with the triangle system too hard and as I said there are offensive holds for exactly these situations.

I have no idea what any of that means. What's the purpose of the + or -?
Probably the sum of favorable matchups vs. unfavorable. In this case Christie is dominant according to that tier list.

Eolz

It's really a shame the screenshot function is so bad on PS4, and not full PNG like on Xbox 1.

Seems that we got the first taste of the Ninja clan pack releasing this week (season pass):
dUIxemE.jpg
Found the pic on /v/, that was probably found elsewhere
edit:
Kokoro and Honoka now
I also remember a pic of Hayabusa with an animal mask, but can't find it anymore

It's really a shame the screenshot function is so bad on PS4, and not full PNG like on Xbox 1.

Seems that we got the first taste of the Ninja clan pack releasing this week (season pass):

Found the pic on /v/, that was probably found elsewhere
I also remember a pic of Hayabusa with an animal mask, but can't find it anymore

I'm not sure what I was expecting...but I wasn't expecting non-ninjas to get ninja outfits lol.

Eolz

Well you can't make a ninja clan with just 4 people :p
The season pack talked about several ninja clans packs too. So it seems the first wave has at least Tina, Honoka, Marie Rose, Mila, Hitomi and Kokoro.

Eolz

Thanks Azuardo!
Guess I'm falling for the "american ninja" trope, but Tina and Mila are rocking those outfits :p

Edit: Gen Fu will get a Hanzo costume for the SK pack lol

grimmiq

Anyone have any luck playing this online in Australia? Downloaded Core Fighters but wanted to test online before I buy the full version but couldn't find a single "nearby" match at all, "any" gave me half a second delay on everything, even character select.

DR2K

Banned
Akita looks like Kage Maru kind of. Neat.

Helena, Christie, Lisa, and Rachel are probably not going to be getting much DLC as the Animu girls.

Ouren

I like it when I have to disconnect from the internet because the Arcade Mode has locked up trying to post my meaningless scores to PSN. lol

Wow, those Ninja Clan Pack outfits look really cool. Mila and Kokoro look bad ass, Gen Fu looks hilarious, Honoka looks cute, and Marie... Well at least she's happy! lol

But seriously, that's a pretty cool costume line-up.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Why the hell do we have to download old costume catalogs for LR? Shouldn't they just have been on the disk?

komarkaze

I had DOA 5 Ultimate on Xbox 360 and I just downloaded the Last Round title update and catalog 2. Now I come to discover that everything I unlocked in story and costumes is now locked as if it were a brand new game and new save file. Was this designed to be this way?

Griss

Kokoro looks absolutely stunning there. It's like what a female ninja would look like in Mortal Kombat if Netherrealm was able to make attractive females.

Also, dat agressive, competent Eliot for once, dat cute Marie (
looking like an 8 year old on Halloween)
, and awesome Gen Fu - maybe his best costume yet. Hitomi still doing the worst, though :(

Yeah, I'd buy all of those.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Kokoro looks absolutely stunning there. It's like what a female ninja would look like in Mortal Kombat if Netherrealm was able to make attractive females.

Also, dat agressive, competent Eliot for once, dat cute Marie (
looking like an 8 year old on Halloween)
, and awesome Gen Fu - maybe his best costume yet. Hitomi still doing the worst, though :(

Yeah, I'd buy all of those.
Lol Kokoro outclasses Kitana.

IconGrist

I have completed my 100 online fights. Now to work on the rest of the Platinum. Any suggestions on who is easiest in Combo Challenge? Mila being my main I thought to do hers but I'm stuck on the last tag combo. My brain just goes to mush after about 4 moves in.

Astral

I have completed my 100 online fights. Now to work on the rest of the Platinum. Any suggestions on who is easiest in Combo Challenge? Mila being my main I thought to do hers but I'm stuck on the last tag combo. My brain just goes to mush after about 4 moves in.

Tina's was piss easy.

Top Bottom