• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Ninja costumes trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-tX2g6JNgg

English version will probably be up later/tomorrow.

Yassss Kokoro show them bitches who's the boss!
59db1e395e.gif

they really want my $93 bucks :(

Xevren

Added! You'll probably kill me but still!

Nah im still new as you can see. God I hate fighting Tina as Honoka, her reach just murders me. I just started playing as Phase 4 today, so still a long way to go.

Great fights Xevren. Your Phase 4 was destroying me! Hit me up to play whenever, my Tina combos were getting predictable!

Definitely! Was fun. It's so refreshing playing a fighter online with so little lag like that!

IbukiLordSA

Is there an option to upgrade the core fighters version to the full version? I am not seeing an upgrade option anywhere and don't want to download another 10gb for nothing.

Ferr986

Is there an option to upgrade the core fighters version to the full version? I am not seeing an upgrade option anywhere and don't want to download another 10gb for nothing.

The EU store still doesnt have the full digital game, so you can't upgrade from Core Figthers to full until either they put up the full game on the Store or get a retail copy.

Btw you guys weren't kidding when you said the story mode was bad...

Marvel

could never
Haven't played DOA for a long time, fired it up briefly last night. Such a solid fighter.

Will be getting into it more soon.

Ninja Dom

Ahh this is frustrating. No Last Round Add-Ons still available for PS3 in the Playstation Store, UK. All Add-Ons are still for Ultimate.

Ahh this is frustrating. No Last Round Add-Ons still available for PS3 in the Playstation Store, UK. All Add-Ons are still for Ultimate.

i'm concerned by the fact that i still don't see a proper full digital version for DOA last round either on EU PSN. i thought this would be the first thing to change on monday morning

Ninja Dom

i'm concerned by the fact that i still don't see a proper full digital version for DOA last round either on EU PSN. i thought this would be the first thing to change on monday morning

Team Ninja's Twitter account has acknowledged the problem:

Team Ninja Twitter said:
TeamNINJAStudio: We are aware that some content is not available on PS Store for PS3 and PS4 in Europe. #DOA5LR

TeamNINJAStudio: We are working closely with SCEE to figure out the cause and find a solution. #DOA5LR

TeamNINJAStudio: We will update with more information as soon as we know anything. #DOA5LR

Griss

Pretty sure it was announced that they'll have that up on Wednesday some time. It's a farce, but at least we have a date.

"No really it's a fighting game honey."
"I need to use this costume as it gives her extra defense."

Hahaha! My wife commented on DoA5 Ultimate when I was playing that back when it was new.

"It's just loads of tarts with silicone tits jumping around with no clothing!"

She did not approve much of it, lol! I kind of wish the games could have a setting that makes the AI choose outfits that are more moderate. I don't mind the skimpy outfits when playing with pals, but normally on an evening back home I'd prefer the game to tone it down.

anyone willing to help me get the trophies for the cliffhangers/danger zones? figure itll be easier with someone standing in the correct spot than dealing with the AI....

ps4 version btw

I see , for some reason i thought this was a mistake that needed an imeediate fix , but i guess they'll wait for the next store update

SCEE is the problem. It won't just be fixed with a snap of the fingers. We'll be lucky if it even comes up on the store update, but let's hope it is.

Ferr986

yeah there are plenty glued on stuff, they will never show female nipples

going to try to find these on eBay lol

I actually don't wan tthem to show nipples so I'm okay with that lol It's just that it looks slightly stupid.

Btw, I just received a code for some DLC on Amazon (EU). Thing is that I never preordered the game but they sent me a code anyways, and now I dont know what comes in.
If its this Aloha pack I would rather trade it for something else.

Ninja Dom

when is the ninja set release?

she has no booty that is my only issue with Lisa
for a sister she has no booty

still wish I had this Lisa costume tho
ibqGmt9MqfEf2S.jpg

You know the pic has a "Matthew Walker" in there? How dod you get your name up there?? I can see a PC/Mac desktop opportunity if I can get my name on that banner!!

mekes

Any UK players (or FR, NL, SWE, any place you may get a good connection to a UK player) feel free to add me up for some games on the PS4 version. PSN ID is Kneelb4me

I'll have all the fighters, MK, Ultra, SFV, Blazblue, XRD etc. So feel free to add me for games in the future too :)

Eolz

seriously why no Ninja for Lisa?

anyway this is just Ninja pack 1 so hope Lisa gets her creep on in pack 2 next month

There's 3 Ninja clan packs
Senran Kagura releases between 2 & 3
, Lisa just never was a priority for Team Ninja.

Edit:

I actually don't wan tthem to show nipples so I'm okay with that lol It's just that it looks slightly stupid.

Btw, I just received a code for some DLC on Amazon (EU). Thing is that I never preordered the game but they sent me a code anyways, and now I dont know what comes in.
If its this Aloha pack I would rather trade it for something else.

I'm sure every Amazon EU had Ninja pack (Ryu/Hayate/Ayane/Kasumi), and I think they had Aloha as well.

Edit2: Damn, by looking at Akira in the pack, I'm now thinking at Jacky and Sarah in Ninja outfits. Sounds awesome with their quotes.

There's 3 Ninja clan packs
Senran Kagura releases between 2 & 3
, Lisa just never was a priority for Team Ninja.

Edit:

I'm sure every Amazon EU had Ninja pack (Ryu/Hayate/Ayane/Kasumi), and I think they had Aloha as well.

why are they hating on Lisa she is the only black girl in the game

Still not sure how she is a Scientist at 21 but DOA is weird like that they got her a nice showstopper

Lisa seems to always be one of the most naked

why don't they have a few
Senran Kagura girls as guest like the few VF guests why are we spoiler tagging

Ferr986

Are you sure its Aloha and not Beach Party? I'm reading Aloha was exclusive to GAME but it sucks that it doesn't show in Amazon page anymore what DLC it was.
If it's indeed Aloha I would like to trade it if someone's interested.

Are you sure its Aloha and not Beach Party? I'm reading Aloha was exclusive to GAME but it sucks that it doesn't show in Amazon page anymore what DLC it was.

In North America, pre-orders at GameStop will include the “Ninja” (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, and Kasumi), and Aloha (for Ayane, Hitomi, Kasumi, and Mila) costume sets. Pre-orders at Amazon and Best Buy will include the “Showstopper” (for Christie, Helena, Lisa, and Tina) and “Beach Party” (for Kokoro, Leifang, Momiji, and Rachel) sets.

In Europe, pre-orders at GAME will include the “Ninja” (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, and Kasumi) and “Aloha” (for Ayane, Hitomi, Kasumi, and Mila) costume sets. Pre-orders at ShopTo will include the “Ninja” and “Showstopper” (for Christie, Helena, Lisa, and Tina) sets. And pre-orders at Centresoft and independent retailers will include the “Ninja” and “Beach Party” (for Kokoro, Leifang, Momiji, and Rachel) sets.

I don't know what Amazon UK/Rest of Europe was offering.

In North America, pre-orders at GameStop will include the “Ninja” (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, and Kasumi), and Aloha (for Ayane, Hitomi, Kasumi, and Mila) costume sets. Pre-orders at Amazon and Best Buy will include the “Showstopper” (for Christie, Helena, Lisa, and Tina) and “Beach Party” (for Kokoro, Leifang, Momiji, and Rachel) sets.

In Europe, pre-orders at GAME will include the “Ninja” (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, and Kasumi) and “Aloha” (for Ayane, Hitomi, Kasumi, and Mila) costume sets. Pre-orders at ShopTo will include the “Ninja” and “Showstopper” (for Christie, Helena, Lisa, and Tina) sets. And pre-orders at Centresoft and independent retailers will include the “Ninja” and “Beach Party” (for Kokoro, Leifang, Momiji, and Rachel) sets.

Steam preorders get Ninja, aloha, and beach party items listed in your first paragraph.

Griss

Yep, digital PS4 version of Last Round is coming to EU tomorrow (Wednesday) but they've announced that they won't be able to get the PS3 version up on the store, so that one's delayed.

Absolute cluster fuck over there, it beggars belief. Surely TN must be at least a little to blame for this, no other game series seems to have these problems on the store so consistently. It can't just be SCEE, it doesn't make sense. If it was SCEE being so incompetent then the entire store would be a broken mess, and my experience week to week is that that tends not to be the case.

danowat

Banned
I downloaded this for free for the PS4, and been playing it a bit, and quite like it, but I really can't get my head around the versions and the sheer amount of DLC that is available, it's really off putting.

As far as I can make out.......

Core fighters is free with two characters?, from there you can make that into the full version with DLC? (story, characters etc?, but I would assume this is more expensive?)

The "full version" has all the characters and story mode.

Any remaining DLC that isn't in the full version is cosmetic?, how does the cosmetic DLC work?, there are packs, and single costumes?, how do you know which packs contain which costumes, what are the free packs?

It's mind boggling..........

PaRappa

Does anyone know to get the 'full' proper game? I can see there is a story mode but I wanted all the characters and arenas without being gouged into paying for them separately

I downloaded this for free for the PS4, and been playing it a bit, and quite like it, but I really can't get my head around the versions and the sheer amount of DLC that is available, it's really off putting.

Core fighters is free with two characters?, from there you can make that into the full version with DLC? (story, characters etc?, but I would assume this is more expensive?)

Any remaining DLC that isn't in the full version is cosmetic?, how does the cosmetic DLC work?, there are packs, and single costumes?, how do you know which packs contain which costumes, what are the free packs?

You have most of it figured out right there, the rest is in the OP.

Yep, digital PS4 version of Last Round is coming to EU tomorrow (Wednesday) but they've announced that they won't be able to get the PS3 version up on the store, so that one's delayed.

Absolute cluster fuck over there, it beggars belief. Surely TN must be at least a little to blame for this, no other game series seems to have these problems on the store so consistently. It can't just be SCEE, it doesn't make sense. If it was SCEE being so incompetent then the entire store would be a broken mess, and my experience week to week is that that tends not to be the case.

I do think TN can take some blame, too.

There seems to be a big communication breakdown somewhere, because this does happen a lot with DOA consistently, whether it's DLC not going up or sales not going up. And now that's carried over into Last Round launch.

SCEE is utter bollocks, but the fact it happens a lot with TN does indicate something amiss between the two.

Ferr986

Oh well, I guess I can always put the code on the Store and not reedem it if I dont like it without wasting it, right? I'll try when I get home.

Eolz

Oh yeah, sorry, not sure for Amazon UK, but Amazon FR was Ninja+Aloha

TN is probably part of the problem, but SCEE has been a huge source of problems for DOA (and some other KT games) since a long time: delays, bad DLC/description, patches problems, catalogs not here, etc

Core fighters is free with 4 characters, and 2 for a limited time so you can try them (rotation). From there, you can buy every character, story mode, and music.

The full version has everything, barring cosmetic DLC, that you can buy either by small pack (example: Ninja Clan 1 we talked in those last pages), big pack (93$ for everything missing between Ultimate and Last Round) or individually (usually 2$ for say, Ninja Mila).
On top of that, they introduced a season pass for Last Round, which will give you the next 5 packs.
There's no free pack, and the description of each pack is on the store (pics + text) and on the official website (trailer on top of that).

There's a lot of DLC, but it's not so bad to browse through it on newer consoles.

danowat

Banned
You have most of it figured out right there, the rest is in the OP.

Ok, the PS4 full version isn't on the store, but the one for £31.99 (I assume the PS4 one will be the same price) on the Xbox one store would give me everything bar addon cosmetic DLC?

So there is also an Ultimate version?, is that physical only?, $93 of DLC?, christ on a bike...........

Eolz

Ok, the PS4 full version isn't on the store, but the one for £31.99 (I assume the PS4 one will be the same price) on the Xbox one store would give me everything bar addon cosmetic DLC?

So there is also an Ultimate version?, is that physical only?, $93 of DLC?, christ on a bike...........

No idea of how the xbox store is, but if they're telling you it's Last Round complete version, it should be it.

Ultimate was the previous release on PS360, and the DLC is worth a lot more pack by pack, or worse, individually...

need a guide to the trophies :(

were do I stand for those stage ones

For the helicopter, it's tricky but try to do your power blow as it is getting ready to pass by the center of the screen. I try to time it when the helicopter is on of the sides of the screen hovering about. Honestly, I am not exactly sure where to stand. I just try to power blow before it flies over the characters,

For the giant statue, I just get the opponent in front of the statue and unleash the power blow. I think the statue comes up on the second round. I stood around the center of the stage and did my power blow facing him with the opponent's back to him.

Circus can also be a little tricky. Try power blowing towards the big face and they should fly directly into it's mouth. Once again, make sure you are facing the giant face and the opponent's back is in front of the giant face. I did the power blow around the center of the stage again to trigger the trophy.

Hope that helps.

Ferr986

Oh yeah, sorry, not sure for Amazon UK, but Amazon FR was Ninja+Aloha

I actually got the game from Amazon Spain so it's probably the same...

Well if someones has a pre-order code that wants to exchange it for an Aloha one send me a PM.

Top Bottom