• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

You can get statue to appear in Tokyo by slamming your opponent into the barrier that he appears from in round 1.

Remember you can hit left/right during the slow-mo power blow part to choose your target.

Griss

Digital Foundry have their look at the game up here. It's nothing any of us haven't talked about at length.

As a current-gen console remaster, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round is pretty basic: native 1080p resolution is joined by a few minor graphical enhancements, along with a more stable 60fps frame-rate, but beyond that, it feels like a missed opportunity. With the modern consoles boasting a generational leap in GPU power over their predecessors, it's disappointing to see a fairly threadbare approach to visuals upgrades, with the complete lack of anti-aliasing in particular standing out.

The PS4 and Xbox One versions of Last Round are graphically interchangeable(...)

However, as of this writing, the Xbox One version is buggy and temperamental - a highly frustrating situation that needs resolving imminently. In comparison, our time spent with Last Round on PS4 has been smooth and free of problems. While opinion may vary, the Dual Shock 4 controller also feels better suited for fighting games than its Xbox One counterpart - directional movements on the d-pad flow more smoothly and this makes it easier to consistently pull off more complex moves.

For the helicopter, it's tricky but try to do your power blow as it is getting ready to pass by the center of the screen. I try to time it when the helicopter is on of the sides of the screen hovering about. Honestly, I am not exactly sure where to stand. I just try to power blow before it flies over the characters,

For the giant statue, I just get the opponent in front of the statue and unleash the power blow. I think the statue comes up on the second round. I stood around the center of the stage and did my power blow facing him with the opponent's back to him.

Circus can also be a little tricky. Try power blowing towards the big face and they should fly directly into it's mouth. Once again, make sure you are facing the giant face and the opponent's back is in front of the giant face. I did the power blow around the center of the stage again to trigger the trophy.

Hope that helps.

I better go into training and practice power blows have yet to perform one

thanks!

AlStrong

Is it possible to add AA in a patch?

I hope so.

I'm still baffled how they left that out, the PS4 can run DOA5 like it's Space Invaders. Tons of headroom to push things further.

Yeah, it's basically just a flag in the code. Like a few lines. It's a lot easier than adding new particle effects or sub-surface scattering.

Considering other remastered ports, I'd be surprised if they couldn't use 4xMSAA on PS4. XO would take a fair bit more work given the ESRAM, but maybe 2xAA or a post-process solution would have been easier.

It's even more nutty that the intro/outros are still 30fps unless they never did the animations 60fps for those. o_O I guess we'll see what happens with the PC version.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I hope so.

I'm still baffled how they left that out, the PS4 can run DOA5 like it's Space Invaders. Tons of headroom to push things further.

Oh, cool, you work as a games developer on DoA and know this?

There's a likelyhood the game isn't as optimised as could be, given the sales they probably expect.

Lol at the idea you 'just turn on' AA and everythings groovy.

It's even more nutty that the intro/outros are still 30fps unless they never did the animations 60fps for those.

3d animation does not work the way you think it works.

Z3M0G

I never realized the intro/outro's were 30fps... but now that I think about it, they totally are.

Edit: I don't care, btw

Spuck-uk

Banned
I never realized the intro/outro's were 30fps... but now that I think about it, they totally are.

I never really noticed, or tbh cared.

Visually my biggest gripe with this game is a serious lack of impact on the hits. Its made me apperciate the hit sparks in Tekken a lot more.

Z3M0G

Visually my biggest gripe with this game is a serious lack of impact on the hits. Its made me apperciate the hit sparks in Tekken a lot more.

Yah, I don't care about the 30fps scenes either, like I said I never really realized it anyways. Making them 60fps won't add much to the experience.

Eolz

is mariposa considered a difficult character to get good at?

I'd say a bit more than most of the cast, but she's easier than it looks.
There's not many Lisa players, but she's good. Fake backflips, good move range, fast, etc.

AlStrong

Animations can have fixed tic rates (I should have been clearer); see Halo PC, Bioshock water. Doom 3 engine had a fixed tic rate @60fps, so if you went and rendered at a higher framerate, you'd just end up with duplicate frames.

Anyways, probably just leftover limiter.

AlStrong

Edit: I don't care, btw

Since there is no gameplay at those points. I don't care.

Yah, I don't care about the 30fps scenes either, like I said I never really realized it anyways. Making them 60fps won't add much to the experience.

It's not that it's significant, just that they went to "more" trouble adding in a sub-surface scattering shader for the skin and more particles, yet they didn't just turn off the fps limiter.

It's just silly/funny. ;) (of course, given all the bugs, a lack of polish wouldn't be unexpected)

edit: gah double post

Oh, cool, you work as a games developer on DoA and know this?

There's a likelyhood the game isn't as optimised as could be, given the sales they probably expect.

Lol at the idea you 'just turn on' AA and everythings groovy.

Do you own a PC? A bit of AA has had a negligible affect on framerate in PC games for the last decade or more.

Which ones have/haven't you got? I thought there were only three preorder packs.

from OP
iGd1fNquCCoGc.png

I managed to track down
- Ninja
- s. Encore
- Aloha

missing

- what I really want that gold Lisa Showstoppers
- beach ones
- new challengers

SHarris78

Jeez this game is making me rage..........even playing against normal difficulty CPU opponents!

Blocking seems to work when it feels like, ditto for reversals, and the CPU characters seem to know what you're gonna do before you do - i've lost count the number i've times 2 character have stood together doing nothing for a couple of seconds, only for the millisecond I decide to pull off a move the CPU gets there juuust before me. Its infuriating.

There are matches where you've got the CPU pretty beat and your energy is full, but all of a sudden you get your ass handed to you and nothing you try seems to work.

I know I suck at the game, but newbie friendly it isn't!

is the OP wrong?

I found this info
The “Aloha” costumes and ninja costumes will be available to those that pre-order the game at GameStop.

Meanwhile, pre-ordering the game at Amazon will net you the “Beach Party” and “Showstopper” costumes.

Finally, pre-ordering at Best Buy will get you the “Showstoppers Encore” costume set.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/0...umes-different-retailers/#1auHd4VU3SCPSQRb.99

so the best-buy got locked in with amazon in the OP for NA

the amazon ones are harder to get now since amazon.com had some issues sending them out

ShinMaruku

Since the CPU reads input you have to exploit the tendancies. Launch and juggle as stated before or see where it counters and throw it.

Fruitster

Pai is the toughest fight when playing against the AI no question imo. I always wondered if the VF characters AI was on a higher level, because they are always the hardest fights. They are noticeably tougher to beat.

LuuKyK

So I downloaded the core fighters thing on psn and it shows Hitomi and Ein "unlocked" but I cant select them. Do I need to download something? Sorry if it was already answered.

Hubb

So I downloaded the core fighters thing on psn and it shows Hitomi and Ein "unlocked" but I cant select them. Do I need to download something? Sorry if it was already answered.

Is it fully download (10gb) or is it still downloading? The game will let you launch while it is still downloading, but a lot of things are locked until it is finished.

Pretty sure only the ninjas were useable for me while it was downloading.

LuuKyK

Is it fully download (10gb) or is it still downloading? The game will let you launch while it is still downloading, but a lot of things are locked until it is finished.

Pretty sure only the ninjas were useable for me while it was downloading.

Oh, wow. I thought the "this feature is being installed" thing was just a way to say that it was not available in this version... So it is installing after all. Lol that must be it then. Thanks.

Looked on eBay and didn't see any one selling. What was walmarts bonus if anything? Didn't see it listed unless I looked by it.

walmart is new challengers, people say you might find them still in stock it has a yellow sticker on the box saying new challengers dlc code inside

without the yellow sticker there is no code inside so if you find a copy with the sticker that is the pre-order copy

Top Bottom