• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Hubb

Yet I think it is the Ultimate pack that most people will latch onto because 200+ items is waaaaaayyy more appealing that 80+ for the season pass. Has the DLC been discounted on PSN in the past?

I have to admit, free to play games somewhat trained me to be okay with this type of DLC.

You should be ok with this kind of DLC. It doesn't affect the game in any way, well other than supporting it if you choose to.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I think you're talking about the PS4 version. I have that and love it, I'm looking for info on the Vita port of DOA5+ because I might get it but I think its short on characters and stages, but I can't find a definitive FAQ that lists all the content like you just did for Last Round.

It's not short on characters and stages in that sense...it's the first version of Dead Or Alive 5, so it has everything that version did, plus some extra touch screen stuff.

Only today realised Hitomi (thanks to Honoka copying her voice) shouts "Chesuto!" when performing her Power Blow.

She is still a disco girl, though.

ShinAmano

Has anyone been able to play a match online on XB1...I have tried every night since launch...what a pile of crap game.

Edit: Holy shit finally got a game!

ShinMaruku

That Fame Douglas must have some damn weak sperm to produce such vastly different daughters. They're both like clones of their mothers.
I'm not complaining.
Hope the guy did paternity tests. Helena would certainly be glad he didn't, lol.
I'd love to see Kokoro running Doatec, lol.

I really want to make those two my tag team, but as much as I love her I am abysmal with Kokoro. Hitomi / Rig it remains, then.

Actually, any tips for Kokoro?

Look at Shinden and Raidou, do their daughters look like them? Hayate looks more like them than his sisters do. Ayame has the strong sperm. Her daughters are clones of her as well. Hell the younger one actually looks more like her mother than Misty. Misty just has closer hair colour.

Ultimadrago

Everyone enjoying some bouncing

1823664.jpg

And I'm just sitting here waiting the PC version.

This. Waiting to inevitably purchase the season pass as well. *sob*

Are there any standalone costumes not contained in a pack?

I need to spend like $1.00 to get my $15 credit and I don't want to grab anything in a pack since I'm sure I'll download the packs later

Are there any standalone costumes not contained in a pack?

I need to spend like $1.00 to get my $15 credit and I don't want to grab anything in a pack since I'm sure I'll download the packs later

It looks like only Honoka's costumes can be bought individually on the PS4 store atm.

I better go into training and practice power blows have yet to perform one

thanks!

Oh sorry. I forgot to mention, if I remember correctly you have to have your life at 50% for the true power blows to activate. For example, most power blows are performed by holding down/back, up/back or back and P+K, but you will only get a normal power blow no matter who long you charge it. If your life bar is flashing red after getting beat up, your power blow will trigger a longer animation and the object you are trying to interact with will generally glow indicating that your opponent is going to hit the object and hit it hard.

Bodom78

I really like the Core Fighters idea, Was on sale for $7 in Aus which is not too bad.

It's more then enough for me, I get bored rather quickly as I'm not a huge fighter guy but like to dabble a little.

MrMephistoX

It's not short on characters and stages in that sense...it's the first version of Dead Or Alive 5, so it has everything that version did, plus some extra touch screen stuff.

Does save data actually port in from DOA+ I wonder if that's why I seem to have so many swimsuits.?

Kolgar

What's up with the stuttering on the X1 version? I played the free trial tonight (it gives Cheevos!) and it hiccuped and even crashed once. (I did find an online ranked match.) The PS4 version I played last night had no stutters or crashes.

Is the Xbone version boned?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What's up with the stuttering on the X1 version? I played the free trial tonight (it gives Cheevos!) and it hiccuped and even crashed once. (I did find an online ranked match.) The PS4 version I played last night had no stutters or crashes.

Is the Xbone version boned?

Xbox seems to have more issues than PS4 at the moment but TN is working on solving the issues.

IbukiLordSA

Uh can't believe there is n upgrade option, just bought the full version and instead of just downloading or unlocking the rest in the core version it downloads the whole game again. Hopefully this development teams ups their knowledge for this generation of consoles.

Won't be surprised if my save file is compatible either.

At least I will have Tina.

Vazra

Uh can't believe there is n upgrade option, just bought the full version and instead of just downloading or unlocking the rest in the core version it downloads the whole game again. Hopefully this development teams ups their knowledge for this generation of consoles.

Won't be surprised if my save file is compatible either.

At least I will have Tina.

I believe its compatible but since Core Fighter is a different separate app from the full version of the game in the way it functions you have to download the full game and delete core fighters. (buying each character in Last Round would suck.)

synce

What's up with Eurogamer's analysis saying PS4 intros run at 30fps? I'm pretty sure I saw a video of them running at 60.

Does any body else Xbox One Core Fighters continuously and randomly crash while playing? The picture freezes and the sound just emits this noisy tone, then the Xbox One actually just stops the game itself cause it's crashed.

Man what a hazzle to import stuff from the Xbox 360 the Xbox One version! My wonderful story of DoA LR:

1. Booted up Core Fighters Trial on the One, just to try it out.
2. Prompted with "want to import your save", said no thanks for now, just to try it.
3. There is now no fucking way to import it, I must delete the save to actually get prompted again.
4. Turns out the save isn't a fucking cloud save it wants, but a special DoA5U uploaded save, that's after exporting my DoA5U save through the cloud.
5. I boot up my 360 with DoA5U, and I'm prompted with missing costume packs and I actually bother to read a message explaning that I need to instantly quit the game and require these costume packs.

A fucking scrolling text that most people will likely just not bother reading; I only did so cause I burnt myself on the save message on the One.

6. Require 20+, fucking costume packs, mandatory shit they could have packed in one file, not twenty. It's hell navigating all the DoA5U DLC, btw, as they have released tons of it.
7. Boot DoA5U again, finally I can export my save from a secret menu on the options screen. Like WTF?!
8. Boot up my Xbox One and DoA5LR. Import the save.
9. Game crashes like hell, all the time.

FUN! SO MUCH FUCKING FUN!

dreamfall

You know, I'd kinda kill to have Bayonetta as a playable character in this game. Those hair attacks would be something fierce. DOA6, make it happen.

dreamfall

I seriously don't understand why people are cancelling ranked fights. We're here to fight everyone, who cares if you lose to an A or an F+! Let's rumble!
Still an E-, I'm terrible. Give me anyone!

dreamfall

Haven't really fooled with ranked. Is it like that all the time?

It's just like we head to the matchup screen, link up - and others cancel. Sometimes you can't even see a rank, just a character's face :/ NOTHING TO FEAR.

I swear I have the most trouble against Raidou and Ein fighters. Holy goodness!

Sent you a PM.

we have a deal waiting for my copy with the code

Oh sorry. I forgot to mention, if I remember correctly you have to have your life at 50% for the true power blows to activate. For example, most power blows are performed by holding down/back, up/back or back and P+K, but you will only get a normal power blow no matter who long you charge it. If your life bar is flashing red after getting beat up, your power blow will trigger a longer animation and the object you are trying to interact with will generally glow indicating that your opponent is going to hit the object and hit it hard.

this helped a lot thank you

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Alright, it took a while but i finally finished my survey.

Did anyone else put for improvement in graphics the return of deformable sand and snow?

Vazra

Done! Everybody should feedback on this, helps build a better DoA6 or patching DoA5LR

That is correct. If some of the feedback comes for balance and maybe AA some of those things can be applied on LR. Overall for DOA6 I just want them to take their time to ship a well polished game and not rush it out like Last Round.

MAKE SURE TO ASK FOR MORE CASUAL OUTFITS THAN FAN SERVICE!

Top Bottom