• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Ninja Dom

You ask too much, people love their holds.

Love my holds.

Was given more of a tough time than necessary online earlier. Jacky player simply kept spamming the kick button. Wasn't a problem really but was still a bit tougher to beat him than I thought it should be.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh I agree, but you know how most are online. Blocking is just a foreign concept to some.

The beauty of DOA unlike 2D games is how big the safety opening you get for attacking and people are letting that beautiful opportunity go away because of TRYING to get a hold. Also those spamming the hold only seem to know holding mid punches and nothing else which I easily fix doing Tina's 2PPP or do the forward + kick that gives me a grapple out of it.

Vazra

*makes mental notes of how to kill Bayo's Tina*

My low defense is crap so you could try attacking with that. I suck at dodging Kasumi jump grapple which since she is your main you should try doing when we are far from each other which usually multiple occasions happened when we fought. Do good switch up combos to break my defense since I easily block mids but as I said earlier my lower defense is weak still and you could attack low get an opening for a combo. Other tips don't always try doing the same string fully since that makes you predictable and easy to counter and try blocking more often letting me do my strings so you could get a chance to do a grapple or start a combo.

Ferr986

The beauty of DOA unlike 2D games is how big the safety opening you get for attacking and people are letting that beautiful opportunity go away because of TRYING to get a hold. Also those spamming the hold only seem to know holding mid punches and nothing else which I easily fix doing Tina's 2PPP or do the forward + kick that gives me a grapple out of it.

Yeah I'm guilty of doing this. Basically while I'm getting hit I just try to get a hold and nothing else.
Sucks that in a match I can get them pretty frequantly and in the next one I totally suck at it, killing "myself" in the process. :/

Hitomi's "rawr" taunt is the greatest thing ever. I got a guy so fucking mad with it lol.

Best taunt ever.
I usually don't like to taunt to other people but I can't help from doing it with this one.

Griss

Helena knows Kokoro and her are related, I thought? Wasn't that seen in the DOA5 story?

Yeah, but you might notice that Helena singularly failed to tell Kokoro a damn thing about it, and was feeling out what Kokoro might suspect.
'Yep, I'll keep Doatec to myself, thanks; this airhead will never suspect a thing. She seems harmless and sweet enough, so I guess I'll support her for now.'
Maybe not quite so cynical, but she still didn't tell Kokoro and she seems to be enjoying running Doatec. With perks like the Freedom Survivor mega-yacht, who wouldn't?

Hitomi's "rawr" taunt is the greatest thing ever. I got a guy so fucking mad with it lol.

It really is. I can't help doing it at all kinds of inappropriate times.

Astral

I keep holding by accident when I try to switch from a high block to a low block. I need to get used to blocking by just holding back.

Hubb

I read on ShackNews that the preorder costumes aren't included in the season pass. Is that true? That'll suck.

Yes that is true. Someone posted a list of all the costume packs that will be included in the Season Pass. Yes it sucks that they are not included, but do most games include pre-order bonuses with their season pass?

What they should do/should have done is add the pre-order stuff to the season pass after they got added to the store. That way people that pre-ordered could still have exclusive costumes for whatever the grace period winds up being.

Sylver

Banned
If anybody still cares full version is available on euro store as well as full DOA5 ultimate dlc pack.
Would have been for euro admins that hard to say it will be released today, they need to improve they communication, for sure.

Haven't really kept up with the news but I got the PS4 game today. Any ETA on when they'll fix the DLC mess in Europe? The ingame store shows me absolutely nothing other than Honoka's Debut Set (and Core Fighters characters, which I don't need), the webstore shows me more stuff but none of the sets I got for Ultimate are free. :/

ShinAmano

Haven't really kept up with the news but I got the PS4 game today. Any ETA on when they'll fix the DLC mess in Europe? The ingame store shows me absolutely nothing other than Honoka's Debut Set (and Core Fighters characters, which I don't need), the webstore shows me more stuff but none of the sets I got for Ultimate are free. :/
Never...they seem to be ok just releasing new dlc. :(

Tapejara

Hey all, sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm a bit confused:

I own DOA5+ and bought one of the Hot Getaway packs on Vita (don't remember which one, whichever includes Mila's costume). I started DOA5: LR, but Mila's costume isn't showing up as free. I thought costumes purchased on the Vita also included the PS3 versions and could be transferred? Or do I need to purchase the Hot Getaway collection and not just one of the packs?

Also, I know the OP says DOA5+ isn't compatible with Last Round. I assume this just refers to transferring save data, but not costumes, correct?

Edit: ah, checked the link below. Thanks :)

DLC we've already bought will eventually make their way onto the store. We gotta wait.

Please be aware that we will enable the carry over of DLC purchased for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate for PS3™ to the PS4™ version of DOA5LR as soon as the items are ready. The timing of these updates will vary by region and platform. Additionally, please note that these plans are subject to change at any time.
Same thing for Xbox.

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_faq.html

DLC we've already bought will eventually make their way onto the store. We gotta wait.

Same thing for Xbox.

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_faq.html

Thanks, I'll just wait then. It's just that seeing all those outfits I could use but still can't makes me sad. :(
Oh well, I'll need to grind a bit anyway since I didn't transfer my save (my PS3 got YLOD the week before the update), so waiting a bit more is fine I guess.

Also encountered a crash when trying to take a screenshot, no other issues so far but I've only played for about 20 minutes.

Do we think that all preorder DLC will end up coming out eventually? I dont want to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a single costume if I dont have to.

My walmart has sealed copies with the bonus' in them already. I might grab one just to have because my original copy is signed by Tom Lee and I dont really want to use it if I dont have to, so I might just spend the extra 40$ on another copy, but im still hesitant... As long as the DLC comes out, which I think it will, I dont see an issue. I really want Momijis tri-strap though but the chances of finding one of those codes is slim an none.

Vazra

Do we think that all preorder DLC will end up coming out eventually? I dont want to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a single costume if I dont have to.

Happened with DOA5 CE Edition DLC on the first release and same with the DLC for DOA5U. So I think its pretty much expected to happen maybe 2 months or 3 later.

SHarris78

Just been browsing all the DLC on the EU store. As well as being really expensive its very unclear. Does the DOALR ultimate costume set (for the low, low price of £73.99) net you ALL the content thats currently on the store?

Just been browsing all the DLC on the EU store. As well as being really expensive its very unclear. Does the DOALR ultimate costume set (for the low, low price of £73.99) net you ALL the content thats currently on the store?

It nets you the costume packs it lists in the description.

Tapejara

Man, I am much worse at this on PS4 than I was on Vita. Hoped online and got my ass handed to me. Need to spend more time combo training with Mila.

system11

It includes all of the old stuff released for DOA5/U.

Be careful with the EU store at the moment, the prices are all over the place. Halloween 2014 = £21.99 (£14.99 on PS3), Halloween 2013 = £36.99, both together = £36.99. No carry-over is working, individual costumes from packs available aren't listed, packs are listed in some areas and not others - depending which angle you peer at it from. It's a hopeless overpriced mess.

Demoskinos

Man, I am much worse at this on PS4 than I was on Vita. Hoped online and got my ass handed to me. Need to spend more time combo training with Mila.

Honestly the best thing to do is just go out there and get your ass kicked and learn how to deal with what people throw at you.

RoyalFool

Banned
I'm so confused, why is what I presume to be the regular full game ("DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round with Bonus") that was added into the EU store today marked as an add-on core fighters?

Makes even less sense considering it's cheaper than the character unlock add-on yet it (I think) contains more.

At this rate I'm just going to go out and buy the bloody physical copy.

Griss

Honoka's Theme sounds like a Magical Girl Song mixed with Sega Production. I cant help but smile with how campy the song is.

I really like that. I hope they're improving, as I've always thought that music was DoA's weakest part. Lots of fighting games have tons of great tunes. DoA has had maybe a handful over the course of two decades. Most are bland as hell; no melody at all, no range or anything.

"And if the tournament's on Friday, call me Freddy."
that lobby theme, never forget. *shivers*

It reminds me of Christmas.

It got stuck in my head after playing last night.

Funny you say that, as it instantly reminded me of a Christmas level from Diddy Kong Racing or something similar. DKR had some great tunes.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
£73.99 for the Ultimate Pack?
I take it thats not the $100 Season Pass either as you can buy them separately in packs.

Jinjo

I'm so confused, why is what I presume to be the regular full game ("DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round with Bonus") that was added into the EU store today marked as an add-on core fighters?

Makes even less sense considering it's cheaper than the character unlock add-on yet it (I think) contains more.

At this rate I'm just going to go out and buy the bloody physical copy.

Can confirm that is indeed the full game. Bought it and it's installing everything right now. The €50 character pack is a rip-off, since it doesn't even contain story mode. If you want the full game you need to go for the €40 "Last Round with Bonus" item on the store.

The EU PSN store is such a mess.

Anyway, never was big into the fighter genre but this game always seemed interesting to me, so after always passing on the previous versions of DoA 5 I decided to jump in at what's hopefully the final version. What's a good character to start with and the best way to get better? Any newbie tips?

Hubb

£73.99 for the Ultimate Pack?
I take it thats not the $100 Season Pass either as you can buy them separately in packs.

Ultimate pack is every old costume that didn't come with LR. Season Pass is every new costume that they are releasing for LR (well every new costume pack that they've announced). I'm sure we will see Halloween costumes again, and those are not listed in the season pass.

Top Bottom