• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Bought the full game on PS4 yesterday, the Core fighters trial on Xbox One turned out to be a buggy mess so I gave it up. Sadly I won't be getting my data over from DoA5U on the 360, but I'm not that bothered.

I've usually played with Tina and Mila, and will most likely continue to do so, but yesterday I played quite a bit of Hitomi and I may have found another favourite. Gonna be testing her out a bit more from now on.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Had a quick refresher last night to get back into the swing of things. Should be meeting you online soon!
and I'll get spanked

What's the safest way to buy / download a costume for DoA? I've tried directly from the console and from the SOE browser store and it keeps saying installed but I can't use it and can't redownload. It gives me an error and tells me to check download list an nothing is there.

The first time I had to delete game save and application save then rebuild the hard drive and it magically appeared without redownloading it but I lost all my unlocks. I've unlocked 15+ costumes since then and I don't want to have to do it all over again... Is there an easier way or am I just SOL?

I do fancy getting the ultimate content pack and also the season pass but may spread it across a couple of months. Buy the base game get everything unlocked on that then buy ultimate set and do the same

Any opinions to customizable costumes here? Similar to Tekken/Soul Calibur?

Personally I'm for and against it. I fucking hate custom characters in fighters, there should be a set roster of finished characters in appearance and fighting style.

Customizable costumes would be nice if you could choose various clothing to put on the character and maybe colouring them. A few choices, but not so many that you get these weird as hell characters turning up in multiplayer.

Jinjo

Any opinions to customizable costumes here? Similar to Tekken/Soul Calibur?

Personally I'm for and against it. I fucking hate custom characters in fighters, there should be a set roster of finished characters in appearance and fighting style.

Customizable costumes would be nice if you could choose various clothing to put on the character and maybe colouring them. A few choices, but not so many that you get these weird as hell characters turning up in multiplayer.

Pretty sure Tecmo is very content with the money-making scheme they got going here.

Anyone know any good Tina players to watch some match footage of from tournaments?

I don't think I've seen a Tina in top 8 in along time. Honoka won Winter Brawl last weekend. Both Sonicfox and his brother Quiggles used her. Sonicfox is known for his Marie Rose. SweetRevenge uses GenFu. Jaeger was using Hayate in Top 8 too.

mekes

I get to the main menu screen but the game isn't letting me access any playable mode today. Forever loading. Anybody else had this?

I've deleted the game data and reinstalling, called it a day on doing the 3rd hard reset. Hopefully the reinstall will work.

Espada

I fixed the catalog issue from before (all I had to do was restart the game), but after hours of fun with friends the game has screwed up big time. I can no longer complete Arcade, Survival, Time Attack, etc... because the cross button does nothing. I'm stuck at the score screen with no other choice but to close the application.

Is there a fix for this or should I shelve the game?

I get to the main menu screen but the game isn't letting me access any playable mode today. Forever loading. Anybody else had this?

I've deleted the game data and reinstalling, called it a day on doing the 3rd hard reset. Hopefully the reinstall will work.

Are you trying to play the game before it's fully downloaded?

I fixed the catalog issue from before (all I had to do was restart the game), but after hours of fun with friends the game has screwed up big time. I can no longer complete Arcade, Survival, Time Attack, etc... because the cross button does nothing. I'm stuck at the score screen with no other choice but to close the application.

Its the internet connection, I had this problem too. Once I turned off my internet connection it was fine. I thought it was the game itself. What happens is when you beat it, it posts your score to a leaderboard (internet) if the connection isnt found it will prompt you. If there is no connection at all it wont even try. To my knowledge I dont think theres a way to disable online postings or turn off the internet setting for the game completely. If there is id like to know how because its annoying as hell.

If youre playing on Xbox One this is standard the first time you load the game as the game is looking for all individual DLC packs to make sure theyre installed.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime

I got this last night too after completing an Arcade run through. I had to hold the PS button and close the application. Looks like it's going to be patch city for a while...

Hubb

You can try turning off Throwdowns when playing those modes. I am not sure it'll fix the situation you are describing. Which console are you playing on?

Espada

Its the internet connection, I had this problem too. Once I turned off my internet connection it was fine. I thought it was the game itself. What happens is when you beat it, it posts your score to a leaderboard (internet) if the connection isnt found it will prompt you. If there is no connection at all it wont even try. To my knowledge I dont think theres a way to disable online postings or turn off the internet setting for the game completely. If there is id like to know how because its annoying as hell.

I'll try this, but yeah this is pretty annoying. If you're going to shove online functionality into a game, at least make sure it doesn't screw it up. Or at least give the option to turn it off.

I got this last night too after completing an Arcade run through. I had to hold the PS button and close the application. Looks like it's going to be patch city for a while...

You can try turning off Throwdowns when playing those modes. I am not sure it'll fix the situation you are describing. Which console are you playing on?

This is the PS4 version, and I have Throwdowns set to off already. I'd played Versus and those other modes for hours with my friends before this popped up all of a sudden.

mekes

ResidentDante, DigitalHitmann, thanks for the responses. It was the PS4 version and leaving it for a while took care of the problem. I timed it at just over 2 minutes tho, that's a while! Usually it was just 3-4 seconds. Perhaps I didn't need that reinstall after all.

Thanks for the quick responses, now I can jump back into the lag :)

ResidentDante, DigitalHitmann, thanks for the responses. It was the PS4 version and leaving it for a while took care of the problem. I timed it at just over 2 minutes tho, that's a while! Usually it was just 3-4 seconds. Perhaps I didn't need that reinstall after all.

Thanks for the quick responses, now I can jump back into the lag :)

I think mine took around a minute or two the other night when I played between rounds as well. I think it has something to do with my internet though. I use a hotspot to play online because I live in the middle of no where so my connection isnt the greatest. If theres no connection its relatively quick but if the connection is there but not very strong it can take awhile.

Espada

DigitalHitmann was absolutely right, it seems. I just tested this out by signing out of PSN and completing a simple team survival run. No issue whatsoever, the game simply says that I need to be signed in to use the leaderboard functionality, and then it lets me continue.

Hopefully a patch comes soon because doing this just to play some simple modes will get annoying pretty fast.

mekes

I think mine took around a minute or two the other night when I played between rounds as well. I think it has something to do with my internet though. I use a hotspot to play online because I live in the middle of no where so my connection isnt the greatest. If theres no connection its relatively quick but if the connection is there but not very strong it can take awhile.

Hm, it could be but I'm not so sure. Just left free training and its currently 5 minutes+ on the loading screen taking me back to the main menu. Haven't made it back yet. I've seen a lot of people complaining of bugs with this release and this is my first experience.

Still loading, about 10 minutes now :s I doubt it would be an internet problem on my end, hard wired 150mb connection. Internet seems fine, too.

mekes

DigitalHitmann was absolutely right, it seems. I just tested this out by signing out of PSN and completing a simple team survival run. No issue whatsoever, the game simply says that I need to be signed in to use the leaderboard functionality, and then it lets me continue.

Hopefully a patch comes soon because doing this just to play some simple modes will get annoying pretty fast.

Or then again.. Will try this now and report back :)

Edit. Pulled the cat cable out of the PS4 and the game automatically reached the main menu. And I mean automatically. Thanks once again DigitalHamann. I was fearing a corrupt HDD or something along those lines. 2015, where your internet connection can stop you from reaching a fighting games main menu... Not good.

LuuKyK

I can't find physical copies of the game in my country anymore so I guess I am going digital after all.

Just to be clear, which version should I buy? I mean which one correponds to the same content found in the physical release?

Or then again.. Will try this now and report back :)

Edit. Pulled the cat cable out of the PS4 and the game automatically reached the main menu. And I mean automatically. Thanks once again DigitalHamann. I was fearing a corrupt HDD or something along those lines. 2015, where your internet connection can stop you from reaching a fighting games main menu... Not good.

Happy to help out a fellow Ninja!

You guys should email Team Ninja about these issues. At least you know the cause/solution, so they can hopefully quickly work a fix into their next patch.

Team_Ninja@koeitecmo.co.jp

I spoke with Tom Lee in person at Winter Brawl this last weekend about certain issues and he told me that the patch is their number one priority right now. Theyre not even focused on DLC at this point. He knows about the hang time when loading on Xbox One for the first time and he knows about the hang time between rounds for survival, arcade, ect.

I can't find physical copies of the game in my country anymore so I guess I am going digital after all.

Just to be clear, which version should I buy? I mean which one correponds to the same content found in the physical release?

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round with Bonus (Note: Linked is the PS4 NA version.)

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...onus/cid=UP4108-NPUB50257_00-B000000000001324

Not core fighters. Core fighters is the F2P version where you buy individual characters. You only start with Kasumi, Ayane, Hayate and I think Momiji.

Side note: Anyone have any thoughts about my costume issue posted above?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153746825&postcount=2903

Not Momiji in Core Fighters - Hayabusa :)

Not sure on your costume issue, personally. I know that many costumes aren't available to download on PS4 yet, despite having bought them on PS3. In that case, we have to wait till they eventually get round to uploading them. But I don't know if that relates to your issue.

Nictel

While waiting for the PC version; what controller is best to use? I've got DOA5 vanilla on ps3 but I feel the sticks are too loose, not a lot of accuracy when performing diagonal up/down moves (maybe I just need a new ds3). Anyway, for PC I got a 360 controller, should I use that? Curious if there is a better (preffered) controller?

While waiting for the PC version; what controller is best to use? I've got DOA5 vanilla on ps3 but I feel the sticks are too loose, not a lot of accuracy when performing diagonal up/down moves (maybe I just need a new ds3). Anyway, for PC I got a 360 controller, should I use that? Curious if there is a better (preffered) controller?

I never use control sticks in fighters/games that only require digital inputs, so I personally use the d-pad on whichever controller I use - DualShock 3 and DualShock 4.

If you only use control sticks, I guess DS4 is good? 360 should suffice? I have no idea tbh.

Not Momiji in Core Fighters - Hayabusa :)

Not sure on your costume issue, personally. I know that many costumes aren't available to download on PS4 yet, despite having bought them on PS3. In that case, we have to wait till they eventually get round to uploading them. But I don't know if that relates to your issue.

I purchased it from the SOE Store last night and I saw the download in my download list but it said it was already installed. When I hit accept on the down arrow (to download) it errored out and told me to check the download screen but it wasnt there... Going to rebuild my harddrive again tonight when I get home to see if it fixes it again like last time... Its the Momiji side-tie that I cant get. The white and red one.

I never use control sticks in fighters/games that only require digital inputs, so I personally use the d-pad on whichever controller I use - DualShock 3 and DualShock 4.

If you only use control sticks, I guess DS4 is good? 360 should suffice? I have no idea tbh.

Im getting a Dead or Alive themed hitbox made by Foehammer for me for Last Round. I used hitbox for Street Fighter but im not sure how well it will work with a 3D fighter. Ive seen it done before but it feels very different. Right now im just using DS4.

Very strange how the Xbox One retail disc is set up. Installing it added 30 items to the queue. Looks like they configured it to just install Core Fighters and then every piece of DLC, individually.

ShinMaruku

I am making another Lobby in a bit. As for using stick on this game, it's all preference, it was made with the pad in mind first because DOA5 first was only on consoles. But the controls are good enough to be played on either.
I never use my stick for DOA.

When something is cross gen NEVER expect a huge graphic thing, look to DOAX3 for that. Or NG4. That's when they go lights out.

I think the guy above was talking about actual control sticks on a PS3 controller, though, which I think would be much trickier to use than an arcade stick. Preferences, though.

Stuck on Sarah command training. Can't get her to face with back to foe. I try 44P, and it turns her around, but the input it's asking me to do afterwards is not coming out. It makes me think her back isn't FULLY turned...

Trying to do Moonsault (back to foe) 9P+K (move 80 of 123).

Edit: Got it. Somehow.

LuuKyK

Happy to help out a fellow Ninja!

I spoke with Tom Lee in person at Winter Brawl this last weekend about certain issues and he told me that the patch is their number one priority right now. Theyre not even focused on DLC at this point. He knows about the hang time when loading on Xbox One for the first time and he knows about the hang time between rounds for survival, arcade, ect.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round with Bonus (Note: Linked is the PS4 NA version.)

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...onus/cid=UP4108-NPUB50257_00-B000000000001324

Not core fighters. Core fighters is the F2P version where you buy individual characters. You only start with Kasumi, Ayane, Hayate and I think Momiji.

Side note: Anyone have any thoughts about my costume issue posted above?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153746825&postcount=2903

Thanks.

I am making another Lobby in a bit. As for using stick on this game, it's all preference, it was made with the pad in mind first because DOA5 first was only on consoles. But the controls are good enough to be played on either.

When something is cross gen NEVER expect a huge graphic thing, look to DOAX3 for that. Or NG4. That's when they go lights out.

My body is ready. ;>

Nictel

So how do you do diagonal? My fingers are too small to press both up/down and direction. Do you use a special grip and use two fingers on the dpad?

I might pick up a ds4. I quite dislike the dpad on 360.

Yeah was talking about the sticks on the controllers. I have played too little fighting games to get a stick up till this point.

So how do you do diagonal? My fingers are too small to press both up/down and direction. Do you use a special grip and use two fingers on the dpad?

I might pick up a ds4. I quite dislike the dpad on 360.
I saw someone say this for the first time in my life in the DOA5U thread, too. Never knew people couldn't use their thumb to hit a diagonal portion of the d-pad before.

If I want to hit diagonal down-forward, I press my thumb on both the down and forward parts of the d-pad.

Like so:
hqdefault.jpg

And I have tiny girly hands, too, and it's never been an issue on any controller I've used since the NES days.

Manp

stupid me for thinking it wasn't a SCEE fuck up. i should have known, it's not like they never screwed up DoA5's DLCs releases :| actually it happened more often than not.

thanks for the answer btw :)

so yesterday the EU store was updated and there are still no signs of the costume catalogues.
i've got the disc based version last friday and i'm still locked out of more than half the costumes i bought for DoA5 Ultimate, is this right?

when the fuck are they going to fix this shit?
LLShC.gif

so yesterday the EU store was updated and there are still no signs of the costume catalogues.
i've got the disc based version last friday and i'm still locked out of more than half the costumes i bought for DoA5 Ultimate, is this right?

when the fuck are they going to fix this shit?
LLShC.gif

I don't know, but their FAQ says we have to wait. DLC will go up in time as they get things sorted, varying for each system and region.

Manp

I don't know, but their FAQ says we have to wait. DLC will go up in time as they get things sorted, varying for each system and region.

i should have known better. no matter what someone is going to screw up this game's DLCs. happened too many times before to be a coincidence
LLShC.gif

LuuKyK

because you bought the game digitally and have all the characters unlocked already

But I just downloaded the core fighters thing.

And why does everything shows "this feature is currently being installed"? I mean I have this version downloaded for two days and these things are still being installed? I dont even have access to Hitomi and Ein. Wtf? Is it this slow?

Demoskinos

But I just downloaded the core fighters thing.

And why does everything shows "this feature is currently being installed"? I mean I have this version downloaded for two days and these things are still being installed? I dont even have access to Hitomi and Ein. Wtf? Is it this slow?

If you downloaded the digital retail version then it might still be downloading the rest of the game. The way a lot of PS4 games work is they will have a minimum that you need to download in this case I think its 3GB at that point you can launch the app but the game is still downloading the other 6.5 GB in the background while you wait.

PS4 version always seems so dead online. Couldn't get any fight requests for 20 minutes so I caved in and tried rank, changed all the settings to "Any" and it never found anyone. ITs been searching for a regular lobby with all settings ay "any" and its not finding any of them either. wtf

Xevren

PS4 version always seems so dead online. Couldn't get any fight requests for 20 minutes so I caved in and tried rank, changed all the settings to "Any" and it never found anyone. ITs been searching for a regular lobby with all settings ay "any" and its not finding any of them either. wtf

That sounds messed up, I've never had issues finding lobbies.

Top Bottom