• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

RoyalFool

Banned
Can confirm that is indeed the full game. Bought it and it's installing everything right now. The €50 character pack is a rip-off, since it doesn't even contain story mode. If you want the full game you need to go for the €40 "Last Round with Bonus" item on the store.

The EU PSN store is such a mess.

Cheers, do I actually need to have the free edition installed? it's the whole 'add-on' part that is worrying me as the achievements don't seem to occur properly when you just unlock stuff from the free edition. Just wanted to uninstall it, buy retail version off PSN and be done with it.

Ferr986

Cheers, do I actually need to have the free edition installed? it's the whole 'add-on' part that is worrying me as the achievements don't seem to occur properly when you just unlock stuff from the free edition. Just wanted to uninstall it, buy retail version off PSN and be done with it.

Achievements wont unlock on the free version.
Atleast going from free version to retail, I had to trigger them.
For example, I did +10 online battles on the free version but obviously never got the archievement, when I got the retail version the achievement didnt unlock until I did another online fight. Same as arcade modes, for example.

btw you can delete the free version .

This is the first game I'll stop playing because of bugs. My game has stopped working over 30 times now and it's the PS4 version, and to think that the Xbone version is worst is ridiculous. It freezes sometimes on the character select screen when picking my tag team, when I was called by my tag partner online, when looking for a rank match, when looking for a lobby. And just in case I have seen the list they put up about the know bugs and have tried to avoid them.

I really like DOA so I will give it another try after they patch all the bugs but for now I'll play other games. :(

Espada

Does anyone know where the Ninja and Aloha costume catalogs are? I input my preorder code into the PS3 version and transferred the save, but I don't see any of those catalogs available for download.

And to make matters worse I can't use my preorder code on the PS4 version.

remz

Does anyone know where the Ninja and Aloha costume catalogs are? I input my preorder code into the PS3 version and transferred the save, but I don't see any of those catalogs available for download.

And to make matters worse I can't use my preorder code on the PS4 version.

I think there's some kind of problem with them. I don't have codes, but I can't download the catalogs on xbone either as it says they're "bundle only"

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol That Kotaku article.

It's basically "STOP STARING AT MY TITS" which is a valid point, but seems to come off... as... like, extremely whiny.

system11

lol That Kotaku article.

It's basically "STOP STARING AT MY TITS" which is a valid point, but seems to come off... as... like, extremely whiny.

It reads as being from the kind of person I'd roll my eyes at and say 'oh, shut up.'

Since I am an idiot with no concept of the value of money, I purchased the 'all the old DLC' pack despite already owning some unknown amount of it on PS3. Helena has her maid outfit back. The world has retured to balance.

How does anyone play fighting games with lag lol. It baffles me. I played a bunch of games and lost them all (yes I suck) but I can also tell when I'm fighting good people and bad people. Maybe I'm just getting old (33) but with any lag I just can't fight. Block till opening, attack....nope lag means I attacked to late. Recognise combo, go to counter... Nope lag means I miss. Actually get an opening, attack... Nope attacks to late.

Shooters I can compensate, fighters I just can't. I loved fighters in my youth but never got into them online.

I also assume people arnt experiencing the same lag either because one fight was so bad it was freezing over and over yet my opponent was playing like its fine.

I only moan because I like fighters but just don't get how people play them laggy.

Also I why are fighters always so laggy? When I used too play LoL I never experience it badly or in many shooters. Maybe its because its peer to peer and so fast?

/moan

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How does anyone play fighting games with lag lol. It baffles me. I played a bunch of games and lost them all (yes I suck) but I can also tell when I'm fighting good people and bad people. Maybe I'm just getting old (33) but with any lag I just can't fight. Block till opening, attack....nope lag means I attacked to late. Recognise combo, go to counter... Nope lag means I miss. Actually get an opening, attack... Nope attacks to late.

Shooters I can compensate, fighters I just can't. I loved fighters in my youth but never got into them online.

I also assume people arnt experiencing the same lag either because one fight was so bad it was freezing over and over yet my opponent was playing like its fine.

I only moan because I like fighters but just don't get how people play them laggy.

Also I why are fighters always so laggy? When I used too play LoL I never experience it badly or in many shooters. Maybe its because its peer to peer and so fast?

/moan

At least its not Mahvel bad.

At least its not Mahvel bad.
I only ever tried marvel vs copcom on vita and that was sometimes ok but often bad.

Street fighter x tekken was almost always bad.

I think its extra bad in this because the speed needed to counter attack after blocking a string. When I'm in training modes and accept a throw down, first sign is char select is laggy lol

Demoskinos

Characters with quick startup strike strings like Kasumi do seem to have a distinct advantage online especially in laggy matches. Not going to say its unbeatable but its sure does make it way harder to counter stuff.

system11

Characters with quick startup strike strings like Kasumi do seem to have a distinct advantage online especially in laggy matches. Not going to say its unbeatable but its sure does make it way harder to counter stuff.

I totally gave up using counters when they went to 4 point, online it turns into a pure guessing game. You're better off trying to wedge a fast attack in there instead.

I enjoyed the core fighters version.. i might buy the physical version. I always liked the way that DOA played. It sounds like it's got some issues right now though.

/moan

are you on wireless? if not, try to find people with good wired connections and friend them. nothing is worse than playing people with laggy connections.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
People underestimate the power of blocking over holds. Haven't had much issues against Kasumi

Demoskinos

People underestimate the power of blocking over holds. Haven't had much issues against Kasumi

Yes, you're absolutely correct. What I'm saying is though is that even if you have someone figured out and know what they are going to do and could in most instances without bad lag get a free counter its just plain harder to do. But yes, just straight up blocking is usually just better especially online.

Also on an unrelated note... I'm officially part of the problem. Fuck.

B-vAUanWsAAMCt1.jpg:orig

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So are all the costumes/movies bought for the Core Fighters applicable to when I buy the full version? I guess not because Tecmo is such a cheap bastard, haha.

synce

Not a Marie Rose fan, but her theme is pretty sweet! I think the music has gotten better overall in this version.

Maybe I'm alone in this but I find it ear grating after hearing a few times, same as the other new characters aside from Raidou... I can listen to the DOA1-4 stuff forever though. It's funny because apparently the same guy did the music

Griss

I'm convinced that if you took the button-mash-iest scrub (like me!) and just forced them to never, ever hold, but only block, you'd automatically vault them over the vast majority of casual players in the game.

You should only ever hold when you recognise the string the opponent is throwing out and feel 75%+ confident you know what's next, or when someone like a Hitomi is abusing mid punches and you know what's coming or want to force them to mix it up.

I still suck because I think in slow motion, so I can never get a throw out in time once I've blocked a full string (and that might be lag, too), but I can tell that it's the right way to play.

Played 5 hours with friends ( 3 with the game , 1 with core fighters ) .

I have no issue with the netcode at all , despite the occasionnal sudden disconnect that might be our fault .

I short , so awesome.

This is light and day from my days with ultimate on PS3.

Hubb

If I posted that same screen they would both say purchased. :/

As long as you can afford it, enjoy it. I would probably buy those packs myself, but I barely use 3 characters let alone the whole cast. It is much easier for me to buy piecemeal.

so the preorder packs don't work in europe atm? i downloaded some packs and nothing happened.

I think they are still adding costumes to the EU store. I'm in NA so I can't say firsthand, but that seems to be what people are saying about EU.

cwistofu

Im having trouble downloading Catalog 3 for the PS4 in the US. The GFAQs board has a couple people with the same problem, but no solution. My Google-fu also failed me. any help?

It shows the catalog and the costumes in my Library, and the individual costumes are "Installed" (they don't have a thumbnail pic like the rest of the DLC), but the catalog itself is not installed and clicking on the download button does nothing.

Xevren

Im having trouble downloading Catalog 3 for the PS4 in the US. The GFAQs board has a couple people with the same problem, but no solution. My Google-fu also failed me. any help?

It shows the catalog and the costumes in my Library, and the individual costumes are "Installed" (they don't have a thumbnail pic like the rest of the DLC), but the catalog itself is not installed and clicking on the download button does nothing.

I had a crap load of issues getting it too, I just kept doing it over and over until it worked. Was a pain in the ass, think I was able to get it from the store in a browser.

Got the plat tonight for LR, think it's time to find a different character. Honoka is fun but really frustrating.

are you on wireless? if not, try to find people with good wired connections and friend them. nothing is worse than playing people with laggy connections.

Not on wireless no but I set my region to any and connection to any just to find matches. Will try same region and 4+ connection and just be more patient.

Basically I really like Tina but the faster characters override me when there is lag haha.

dreamfall

I played another Tina tonight. There was a lot of apprehensive blocking of the same sad combo, and punches sneaking in post lag. It's hard to fight yourself!

E+, moving on up! Some of these close matches I had no business actually winning.

Jinjo

No, you don't need the free edition installed. I just went straight for the full version. I guess it's technically an add-on as the "free edition" is considered the base game on the store. Maybe you won't have to redownload the whole thing if you keep the free edition installed though.

Top Bottom