• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

A.E Suggs

AlphaDragoon says fuck what Kasumi and Ayane said, they both suck compared to Ryu Hayabusa. This is fact. I even like Ayane but it doesn't make it any less true.

Ryu has his own game though and thats not a fair comparison for anyone to be compared to him in this game. Except tina that is, best character in the series :p.

Esura

Banned
This is literally exactly what happens in DOA5... :/

Nah, only at the
very end after everyone else did their thing. Only badass thing she did was going to the factory Ninja Gaiden style and taking her hair band off and strut away Bad Boys style after it was all over like she gonna do something.

PJX

Funny how Ryu was all tough and shitting on Hayate when he was crying hard in Ninja Gaiden 3.

LOL NG3 was made by a dog who wanted to pussify Ryu. Do you think if Itagaki was in charge, he would have Ryu crying like a little bitch? I don't think so.

Hayashit was the little bitch of Team Ninja and he tried to pass himself as Ryu in NG3.

MrMephistoX

LOL NG3 was made by a dog who wanted to pussify Ryu. Do you think if Itagaki was in charge, he would have Ryu crying like a little bitch? I don't think so.

Hayashit was the little bitch of Team Ninja and he tried to pass himself as Ryu in NG3.

Itagaki kind of phoned in his last few games though (NG2, DOAX2, DOA4): Hayashi was only guilty of trying and failing to make NG3 appeal to western audiences like most misguided Japanese devs this gen: by all accounts the Wii U version is a much better game. I think DOA5 shows he's learned from his mistakes.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Itagaki kind of phoned in his last few games though (NG2, DOAX2, DOA4): Hayashi was only guilty of trying and failing to make NG3 appeal to western audiences like most misguided Japanese devs this gen: by all accounts the Wii U version is a much better game. I think DOA5 shows he's learned from his mistakes.

Ehhh DOA5 thanks to Shimbori.

I'm interested in the WiiU version, why is it better though? I know it has Ayane.

PJX

Only game on that list I can say was iffy was DOAX2.

NG2 despite its problems was still a fun game unlike the ghost town and slowness of NGS2. NGS1 was dog shit compared to Black and he had next to nothing to do with DOA5 other than get his name on the credits. So he hasn't learn anything, as for NG3 RE, the verdict is still out on it but from the videos it still look like dog shit also.

Dantis

NG3:RE still looks complete turd.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Is the Xbox patch coming tomorrow? Real shame it isn't up today. I would have loved to test the online again.

DoA4 wasn't phoned in at all, you can argue that its systems weren't great but it was a full featured title. It looked amazing for being so close the the launch of the system, had a plethora of modes, great netplay with lots of cool crazy shit (lobbys in a time before the system hard party chat), perfectly implemented replays, a huge roster of characters and Aerosmith!

He had some pretty dodgy philosophies on how fighting games should play but DoA4 seemed like a labour of love to me, I don't see how it was phoned in. On top of that obviously there were huge issues with the development of NG2 and DOAX2 is what it is.

MCD

NG3 Wii gonna be better but a turd is a turd no matter how you polish it. And you can change the gameplay all you want but the dumb story is still there.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
NG3 Wii gonna be better but a turd is a turd no matter how you polish it. And you can change the gameplay all you want but the dumb story is still there.

Ninja Gaiden games had a story?
And good ones!?

Where have I been all these years?

Fraeon

Yeah, reached chapter 52 in Story. WHo else was actively trying to get all the bonus missions?

The bonus missions are the reason I did the story. They're pretty much the best way to figure out how the system in DOA5 actually works outside of tons of practice mode monstering and playing online (which I haven't tried in a while, did the patch make it better?)

Skilletor

Dude, did Hayate assassinate your family with his Rambo bow or something? You really dislike him. XD

I don't dislike him. I just think that if you get bitch slapped like Elmer Fudd, you are taken out of contention for coolness. No matter what happens, that scene is how Hayate will stick in my mind.

MrMephistoX

DoA4 wasn't phoned in at all, you can argue that its systems weren't great but it was a full featured title. It looked amazing for being so close the the launch of the system, had a plethora of modes, great netplay with lots of cool crazy shit (lobbys in a time before the system hard party chat), perfectly implemented replays, a huge roster of characters and Aerosmith!

He had some pretty dodgy philosophies on how fighting games should play but DoA4 seemed like a labour of love to me, I don't see how it was phoned in. On top of that obviously there were huge issues with the development of NG2 and DOAX2 is what it is.

It was great fun but kind of a let down compared to DOAU which seemed like the true labor of love to me. Better costume count, more stages etc. Loved Kokoro, Eliot and the stages though.

Endo Punk

The game kept pairing me up with the same guy who has a 1 bar connection -_- I really wish they added the ability to quit before starting the fight.

Skilletor

Hayabusa chapter spoiler:

What did he mean when he said to Helena or Lisa (I think) that they'd created his curse? Is this something that gets mentioned in NG3? How is DoATec at all related to Hayabusa?

Endo Punk

The thing I find weird is why would Hayabusa even concern himself with DOATEC? The guy clearly has bigger things on his plate with demon's and other realms, let the other ninja's worry about some dumb clone experiment. Oooh a Kasumi clone, Ryu fucking dealt with Oni's and Gods and Werewolfs lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The thing I find weird is why would Hayabusa even concern himself with DOATEC? The guy clearly has bigger things on his plate with demon's and other realms, let the other ninja's worry about some dumb clone experiment. Oooh a Kasumi clone, Ryu fucking dealt with Oni's and Gods and Werewolfs lol.

It's still his clan and Hayate is his friend.

Loona

i went as far as throwing matches when it was clear i would miss some bonus missions.

Same here, but after failing over and over in the one where Leifang has to use a spcial hold on Mila, I spent a whole lot less time on the ones after that...

After seeing those new DLC outfits... man, somebody at TN really really likes Lisa...
Still, too many maid outfits and cat ears for my taste, even if Kasumi's new suit it nice - not expecting to buy this if it's paid.

Dantis

So, I keep getting paired with the same guy in ranked over and over, presumably because he has a 5-bar connection and it looks for the best to match you up with.

Do not want. :/

Hayabusa chapter spoiler:

What did he mean when he said to Helena or Lisa (I think) that they'd created his curse? Is this something that gets mentioned in NG3? How is DoATec at all related to Hayabusa?

It wasn't meant to be taken literally. The curse was his way of saying the cycle of violence that engulfed the Mugen Tenshin clan, which he, by proxy is a part of.

Skilletor

It wasn't meant to be taken literally. The curse was his way of saying the cycle of violence that engulfed the Mugen Tenshin clan, which he, by proxy is a part of.

Shitty job at localizing/translating then since he's always going on about curses and being cursed in his own game. It seemed an intentional word choice for people familiar with the NG series.

I was wondering if it was a slip like the God of War Poseidon thing that ended up being the last PSP game.

Woops I'm dumb you're right, either way the two clans are really close. Hayabusa and Ayane work together often as well.

I don't think Ayane is Mugen Tenshin. She was raised in the Hajin Mon clan by Genra. She might be now, but she's always been an outcast because of how she was conceived and who her father was.

Ayane works with Hayate because, and this is just my take, she is envious of her half brother. Ayane was the product of rape and is jealous of Hayate and Kasumi for different reasons.

Edit: Just read up. Hajin Mon was a sect within Mugen Tenshin, just like Anbu is within Naruto's world. So yeah, she is Mugen Tenshin! :)

Tits > cool ninjas

Every time. They don't have to do anything important but look like they are and I would still rank them over Ryu...well ANY male character. :p

Seriously though, I wish TN stop relying on Ryu to save the day every freaking time. Let Kasumi be badass for once, she is the main character after all! Ryu is a thunder stealer. The Dante to Nero. The Jeanne to Bayonetta. The Henry to Travis Touchdown.

Having two game series of your own where you do badass shit > female game character tits.

This is why Ryu always whoops ass and saves the day, he's practically the Mario of Tecmo games. He's an icon.

I don't dislike him. I just think that if you get bitch slapped like Elmer Fudd, you are taken out of contention for coolness. No matter what happens, that scene is how Hayate will stick in my mind.

Then you've gotta lump Kasumi and Ayane in there too, because Kasumi beat Ayane's ass on several occasions and Kasumi literally got bitch slapped by Ryu in Dimensions.

Almost every DOA character has done the job at some point in canon (except Ryu). Not just lost, straight up KTFO. I don't knock any of them for that, especially if they leveled up after (like Hayate did, or Eliot in DOA5).

Skilletor

Then you've gotta lump Kasumi and Ayane in there too, because Kasumi beat Ayane's ass on several occasions and Kasumi literally got bitch slapped by Ryu in Dimensions.

Almost every DOA character has done the job at some point in canon (except Ryu). Not just lost, straight up KTFO. I don't knock any of them for that, especially if they leveled up after (like Hayate did, or Eliot in DOA5).

Did you not see the Droopy the Dog routine Hayate just experienced?

What has Hayate done since then? Lose? Let Kasumi do his job? Get captured?

Yeah, nothing much.

He thinks he's Ryu's rival. Even Ryu thinks that's ridiculous.

Shitty job at localizing/translating then since he's always going on about curses and being cursed in his own game. It seemed an intentional word choice for people familiar with the NG series.

I was wondering if it was a slip like the God of War Poseidon thing that ended up being the last PSP game.

I don't think Ayane is Mugen Tenshin. She was raised in the Hajin Mon clan by Genra. She might be now, but she's always been an outcast because of how she was conceived and who her father was.

Ayane works with Hayate because, and this is just my take, she is envious of her half brother. Ayane was the product of rape and is jealous of Hayate and Kasumi for different reasons.

Edit: Just read up. Hajin Mon was a sect within Mugen Tenshin, just like Anbu is within Naruto's world. So yeah, she is Mugen Tenshin! :)
I've always felt Ayane hero-worships Hayate, and her jealously of Kasumi largely stems from the love those two share as full blooded siblings. It'll be nice if she can finally get over that; Her arrogance is really offputting.

Skilletor

I've always felt Ayane hero-worships Hayate, and her jealously of Kasumi largely stems from the love those two share as full blooded siblings. It'll be nice if she can finally get over that; Her arrogance is really offputting.

I always thought it was hatred that Kasumi is the full-blooded female offspring that Ayane wishes she could be, and Hayate is the leader to which Ayane devotes herself. She tries to overcome her blood with loyalty to the clan. That's why she gets so mad when Kasumi betrays her duties to the clan and runs off after Hayate. Kasumi just throws away everything Ayane would kill to have.

Ayane never seemed, to me anyway, to hate Kasumi just because of jealousy. Ayane is constantly calling Kasumi a traitor. You can see in DoA2U intro that the two got along when they were young. The divide came, in my mind, as they grew older and Kasumi was treated better than Ayane because of the way Ayane was conceived.

Pretty typical manga stuff, imo.

Top Bottom