• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What happens at a hundred pages? We have to go to Community?

T___T

Not exactly. Tekken one surpassed 100 pages and didnt go to Community. I think it goes to community after a month. Just that I'm happy that the DOA OT its near 100 pages. Nice action going on here :)

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Not exactly. Tekken one surpassed 100 pages and didnt go to Community. I think it goes to community after a month. Just that I'm happy that the DOA OT its near 100 pages. Nice action going on here :)

100ppp says we're on page 50.

Also; anyone have any advice on hold practice, I can't seem to do it for biscuits in this one :/

Vazra

Psn is down. ;/

Unlocked pai, lol. Now to do it on 360. ;(

Do all Characters Command Training, On Vs set health on the lowers and you can easily do each character Power Blow, Grapple or Strike on the stage cliffhanger.

you have 23 characters already Counting Power Blows, Command Training, Cliffhanger grapple and cliffhanger strike 4X23= 92
Add the using each character once =23
Story Mode Missions + Chapters = Around 89
Arcade Solo and Tag=16
Time Attack Solo and Tag=16
Survival Solo and Tag= 16
There are some that are unlocked by just playing which I think= 24
Play 50 each character = 23 (Time Consuming)
Unlocking each character costumes 23
Win Online once with each character 23

Skilletor

We should move to community tomorrow.

Do all Characters Command Training, On Vs set health on the lowers and you can easily do each character Power Blow, Grapple or Strike on the stage cliffhanger.

you have 23 characters already Counting Power Blows, Command Training, Cliffhanger grapple and cliffhanger strike 4X23= 92
Add the using each character once =23
Story Mode Missions + Chapters = Around 89
Arcade Solo and Tag=16
Time Attack Solo and Tag=16
Survival Solo and Tag= 16
There are some that are unlocked by just playing which I think= 24
Play 50 each character = 23 (Time Consuming)
Unlocking each character costumes 23
Win Online once with each character 23

Yeah, I know, but my time is extremely limited. When I do play, I prefer it to be practice or vs. people. I don't have time to waste unlocking characters.

A.E Suggs

I like them all, I'm really happy with this batch. Also why did they give christie the catgirl costume as well? Shouldn't she have the bunnygirl costume, as thats what she had on xtreme 2(although tina had that as well at one time on DOA1 and the xtreme 1).

Then her standards are pretty low, I'm afraid.

I'm afraid you just don't have any taste then cause thats always been like her best costume and why it always comes back, that or her DOA2 C1 wrestling costume.

Grisby

So what exactly are all of the button combinations to change different parts of the outfit? Glasses, etc? If I'm on the ps3?

Also, man if I don't like using all of the characters. Too bad it's hard to remember all of the moves and timings. Getting alright with Mila though.

Endo Punk

My Lisa gets 3 costumes :D Suddenly I don't feel bad about Brad and Jann getting none this week.

Online paly is better than ever now. Heck I even had a 1 connection opponent and that went smoothly too.

Vazra

So what exactly are all of the button combinations to change different parts of the outfit? Glasses, etc? If I'm on the ps3?

Also, man if I don't like using all of the characters. Too bad it's hard to remember all of the moves and timings. Getting alright with Mila though.

Shoulder or Trigger button for Hairstyle and Upper body items
Left or Right on dpad for Eyewear

PS3/360
X/A Default underwear
Triangle/Y Alternate Underwear 1
Square/X Alternate Underwear 2
Triangle+X/Y+A Alternate Underwear 3

A.E Suggs

I like your taste.

Well you do have some taste I guess since those are some of my favorite for kasumi. I don't know where your taste lies its confusing :/.

My Tina gets 3 costumes :D Suddenly I don't feel bad about Brad and Jann getting none this week.

Online paly is better than ever now. Heck I even had a 1 connection opponent and that went smoothly too.

I'm glad Tina gets great love,but i'm saddened that they gave her the white catsuit even though I know the reason as to why.

Edit:Lisa does have 3 doesn't she, i wish I had a better look at the top one.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Lisa catsuit is OMG.

OSHAN said:
Man, Ryu can't be getting a costume when Hayate isn't getting one.

Ryu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dante >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shinobi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Hayate. Fact, dude. No one, not even Team DOA, likes Hayate. Completely bland character that was better as Ein.

Galdelico

Feedbacks on the patch sound great, and some fixes seem particularly welcome.

About the DLC... I love most of the new costumes - Lei Fang's, Tina's, Kasumi's, Lisa's, Ryu's... they are all awesome - even if I'm not sure about those swaps (Mila with Hitomi's outfit, Lisa with Lei Fang's black dress, Christie with Tina's catsuit): I mean, it's ok I just hope it won't be the way for Team Ninja to X-multiply the number of possible costumes, instead of focusing on old classics.

How much does this DLC cost?

Endo Punk

I'm glad Tina gets great love,but i'm saddened that they gave her the white catsuit even though I know the reason as to why.
My bad I meant Lisa ! Don't care for Tina lol.

PS3/360
X/A Default underwear

LMAO! I wasn't aware of this. I thought it was just glasses and hair changes.

That is Tina's BEST costume. Best.

zYwr7.jpg

Vazra

Lisa catsuit is OMG.

Bayonetta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dante >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shinobi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Hayate.

Corrected. ;)

Grisby

PS3/360
X/A Default underwear
Ha, Team Ninja and the details eh. Thanks.

Galdelico

I have Chin on my facebook he is super fun to talk to.
I didn't know about this guy til a few minutes ago but he's actually pretty awesome.

I wrote to Tecmo Koei in order to have some information about the Bunny Devils bikinis' situation here in Italy (where Gamestop regularly gave the Angels preorder-vouchers while Amazon didn't, leaving the Devils in a sort of limbo) and not only he replied to me instantly, but he's been amazingly kind and supportive too.

Esura

Banned
OG Dante >> Bayonetta >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ryu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TMNT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> Shinobi >>>>>>>>>>>> Hayate. Fact, dude. No one, not even Team DOA, likes Hayate. Completely bland character that was better as Ein.

Fixed for accuracy.

Overall I'd agree. Hayate is meh meh.

Vazra

I didn't know about this guy til a few minutes ago but he's actually pretty awesome.

I wrote to Tecmo Koei in order to have some information about the Bunny Devils bikinis' situation here in Italy (where Gamestop regularly gave the Angels preorder-vouchers while Amazon didn't, leaving the Devils in a sort of limbo) and not only he replied to me instantly, but he's been amazingly kind and supportive too.

He sometimes can be random in a funny way. He is pretty cheery/positive when talking and and he can do some hilarious comments.

Costumes come out tomorrow?

Yes sir.

PJX

Bayonetta >> Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dante
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shinobi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> TMNT >>>>>>>>>>>> Hayate. Fact, dude. No one, not even Team DOA, likes Hayate. Completely bland character that was better as Ein.

Fixed for accuracy.

Fixed for even more accuracy.

Vazra

I will buy all DLC. For both consoles.

tumblr_lxq8usk0Kv1r6at6oo1_500.jpg

jk. Just on one console.

This might be the game I actually end up getting all DLC that isnt a PSN game (VF5 and Scott Pilgrim are those other games with all DLC)

Fixed for even more accuracy.

Lol we should stop about it. XD

Not completely relevant to DOA lets go back to the point

Now Hayabusa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DOA4 Lettuce>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hayate.

Vazra

Regardless of our placements of the other characters, I think we all agree that Hayate sucks and needs to get replaced with a cooler male ninja in DOA6 (other than Ryu).

Nah there needs to be a punching bag character.

Manp

Update changes (also from FSD) :

Patched Game Changes

Power Blow settings carry over when resetting position in training mode.

dumb question: how do you reset position in training mode? it used to be select/back, but now i can't figure it out.

tnx :)

Dizzy

Banned
Nice that theres a patch, shame that the community still feels dead. It's very very rare that I can find a match in the "same" region, 99% of the time I have to search for any location.

PJX

Regardless of our placements of the other characters, I think we all agree that Hayate sucks and needs to get replaced with a cooler male ninja in DOA6 (other than Ryu).

I agree, he is quite a really boring character. To be honest I can't remember a character from any other fighting game being so boring and useless.

Endo Punk

What does taking out the cursor after a match accomplish? I liked seeing what my opponent was going to do after a match, I had so many add me to their fighter list :p

Fixed for accuracy.

OG Dante!? How about a Fuck you!
:p

Endo Punk

I agree, he is quite a really boring character. To be honest I can't remember a character from any other fighting game being so boring and useless.

Hayate's personality is nothing to brag about but I like his fighting style. And it's not like boring people don't exist. They should be able have a character to match their personality. lol.

Top Bottom