• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Alx

Can't...stop...owning...people...who...spam...counter.

That's the most common mistake I make... once I start missing too many counters, I get stubborn and will only try counters, usually being always one step late (mid counter > opponent strike low > low counter > opponent strike high > high counter...)

Haven't paid attention if I unlocked it but I really love Christies outfit in Story.

The short dress ? It's nice, but I think the garter with the knife is too obvious. It makes it slightly ridiculous. I still use it from time to time.

Everyone isn't getting a free outfit, I'm pretty sure. They seem to be in money-making mode now. If we were getting free costumes for the rest of the cast, this week would've been it.
That would be really lame. I'd be more okay with the costume swapping if everyone got at least one free outfit. Just seems poorly thought out otherwise.

That would be really lame. I'd be more okay with the costume swapping if everyone got at least one free outfit. Just seems poorly thought out otherwise.

I think the reason that DLC was free is because the VF characters and gen fu only have 2 costumes without it.

Endo Punk

More power to Hiyashi. Im not gonna condemn the guy because he made a mistake with NG3. Heck if it wasn't for him NG probably would have never made it to PS3 so I'm quite thankful despite the games being watered down though to be honest the extra content make up for it. I think he learnt his lesson so I doubt we would get another NG3 level abomination.

Anyhow I am really disappointed with the spectator mode. It's so bare bones; It could of really benefited from a slo-mo option, motion blur, fast forward, rewind, colour additions etc. Missed opportunity.

Galdelico

Hey guys, I have a spare Bunny Angels code for European PSN accounts.
I only checked it out - as in I put the code, saw what it gave and canceled the operation - so I think it's still good to go.

First gaffer to reply gets it. :)

dreamfall

Hey guys, I have a spare Bunny Angels code for European PSN accounts.
I only checked it out - as in I put the code, saw what it gave and canceled the operation - so I think it's still good to go.

First gaffer to reply gets it. :)

If only it was US PSN! Ah, cheers to those that need it! So generous!

You gotta be kidding me. She's all over the damn place with her stance and spinning hands.

I hate all of Helenas slap based atttacks. They just look weak and unremarkable to me. I prefer Tinas cool looking grapples or Lisas sexy kicks.
Nonetheless, if Helenas new outfit makes her look good enough, Ill at least try her out for a while.

Endo Punk

^^^ My fists weren't fast enough.... *Jann lose pose*

I hate all of Helenas slap based atttacks. They just look weak and unremarkable to me. I prefer Tinas cool looking grapples or Lisas sexy kicks.
Nonetheless, if Helenas new outfit makes her look good enough, Ill at least try her out for a while.

I feel the same way about Pai's attacks. They just lack the intensity I desire.

raven777

wwwdotuporg3524157.jpg

this I am buying day-1

Alx

The thing I like with Helena's style is that it's something unique to DOA. Most other characters rely on standard templates for fighting games, and/or are based on real fighting techniques.
Helena adds a bit of fantasy, is flashy but remains semi-realistic (the ninja styles are unique too, but clearly over the top), which is rare in a fighting game.

Endo Punk

If memory serves me right Code Cronus was going to be a game about Kasumi and Ayane before it was canned or rather put on hold because Itagaki left. Wish it does get resurrected one day.

Galdelico

this is the reason that she didn't get DLCs for 2 times in a row!

Hopefully we get this in next DLC.
It's advertised on japanese PS Store, in the today's bundle description: I can't read japanese but below the picture there's something like a release window (10-16/11-6).

Dantis

I can't get over expensive the DLC is. Direct currency conversion puts it at £10/$16.50. Team Ninja are so fucking dumb. Nobody is going to buy it at those prices, which will lead them to stop focusing on it.

If memory serves me right Code Cronus was going to be a game about Kasumi and Ayane before it was canned or rather put on hold because Itagaki left. Wish it does get resurrected one day.

I'm reading about the DOA story on wiki and there is so much material for an action game with those 2.

raven777

It's advertised on japanese PS Store, in the today's bundle description: I can't read japanese but below the picture there's something like a release window (10-16/11-6).

no, its says that will be design of PSN card.

the 10/16 - 11/16 thing is when they are actually selling the 3 pack bundle for 1300yen.
After 11/16, they will not sell the bundle so you have to buy the DLC separately.

Dantis

no, its says that will be design of PSN card.

the 10/16 - 11/16 thing is when they are actually selling the 3 pack bundle for 1300yen.
After 11/16, they will not sell the bundle so you have to buy the DLC separately.

What a deal!

>_____________________________>

raven777

Where did you see that?

at the JP PSN store.

Actually, NVM. I think I was wrong about that info.

Reading it again, I think the 10/16 - 11/6 thing is the special campaign for the special PSN card thing.

btw, the next DLC costume is confirmed on 10/30

Top Bottom