• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

raven777

I would have been happy if they made it $1 per costume, and able to buy each separately.

But of course, its KT so we can't expect that.

KSai

I got ten matches in with the patch. Online's definitely a lot smoother now. No laggy matches so far. Got upped to B-.

how does simple match matchmaking work? i rarely get anybody above my rank. highest was next rank with a minus, but that's rare. it will be hard finding people like that in the future.

Galdelico

I got ten matches in with the patch. Online's definitely a lot smoother now. No laggy matches so far. Got upped to B-.
I have a question about it: I just started to play ranked (I spend most of the time in lobbies with my friends) and I noticed - after I lost a couple of matches out of the few I fought - the game didn't take any of my points back... It's like +0 points when I lose and +n points if I win.
Is that how it works?

Dantis

I have a question about it: I just started to play ranked (I spend most of the time in lobbies with my friends) and I noticed - after I lost a couple of matches out of the few I fought - the game didn't take any point away... It's like +0 points when I lose and +n points if I win.
Is that how it works?

Ranked is completely broken. You lose points at higher levels, but no way near enough.

I have a question about it: I just started to play ranked (I spend most of the time in lobbies with my friends) and I noticed - after I lost a couple of matches out of the few I fought - the game didn't take any of my points back... It's like +0 points when I lose and +n points if I win.
Is that how it works?

You start losing points at around D.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So Team Ninja is going the Bandai-Namco way with pricing?

I want that Ayane Costume

I hate the bonus missions. They should have been a separate mode or give you an option to redo the match. They distract from me playing the story.

DR2K

Banned
Yeah...if the game was playable online I would still say fuck off team ninja...but with a single player game LOL FUCK OFF.

The patch addresses this thankfully.

It's just costumes, so shouldn't deter anyone. Will buy them all because I'm a completionist.

Z3M0G

I'm more interested in the Round 1 free costume set than the ones in the Round 2 set... thankfully... Those prices are indeed insane.

Crazy how they try to tempt you into buying the individual sets... bundle only comes out the following week...

Slygmous

The prices are no different than what Capcom/Sega/Namco charges for costumes/packs.
I thought Soulcalibur V's prices were okish, it was usually only 2 costumes for 180 points give or take, but they were in mix-and-match pieces and anybody (almost) could wear them. You can edit their colours and patterns too.

TN is crazy with these prices though, you can't trap people in micro transactions if you don't make those transactions micro!

Alx

The good thing with SC5 is that it was more than costumes, it was items you could use in the editor to produce many new creations. It makes any simple pack more valuable than full on costumes.
Anyway, the biggest mistake TN made is not to offer compatibility packs (AFAIK) for those who don't buy new costumes. First it makes it less interesting for those who buy the packs, knowing that most people won't see their costumes, and second they lose an opportunity of advertising their packs online (I don't count how many time I got messages like "hey how did you get the fairy wings ?" in SCV).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Its pretty much $1.08 per character outfit or so. Its not so bad.

But the full bundle should have been $9.99 IMO. That is not a lot of savings to make people jump for the Bundle Pack 2

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Shame about the DLC prices. Time to hope for a complete port to Vita. Kind of sucks that I won't see these in game.

I can't get over expensive the DLC is. Direct currency conversion puts it at £10/$16.50. Team Ninja are so fucking dumb. Nobody is going to buy it at those prices, which will lead them to stop focusing on it.

HUm i think they are confident they'll sell even at those prices

Galdelico

Anyway, the biggest mistake TN made is not to offer compatibility packs (AFAIK) for those who don't buy new costumes. First it makes it less interesting for those who buy the packs, knowing that most people won't see their costumes, and second they lose an opportunity of advertising their packs online (I don't count how many time I got messages like "hey how did you get the fairy wings ?" in SCV).
That's the only problem I have with the DLCs... Not providing compatibility packs is such a glaring flaw I wonder if Team Ninja really didn't think about it of just didn't care.

Z3M0G

The good thing with SC5 is that it was more than costumes, it was items you could use in the editor to produce many new creations. It makes any simple pack more valuable than full on costumes.

wtf... serious? That's terrible... Saves them on patching fee's I'm sure though, correct? Or do those fees normally get bundled into the testing fees for the DLC itself?

Loona

its actually 4 sets per costume. Leifang has 20 different underwears.

NSFW

I didn't care, but now I wonder what's written in there - at least it's always the same characters repeated in different colors.

1st pack is cat costumes for helena, christie, tina, lisa
2nd pack is hitomi, mila, rig, lisa
3rd pack is kasumi, leifang, hayabusa, lisa

the 4th pack is 1-3 combined

I like that they separated the "fetish" (catgirl and waitress stuff) outfits from the rest, I might get the third pack - is that demonic form for Hayabusa a reference to one of the recent NG games? I recall something in trailers about his hand being all red and cursed (which seems to be referenced in his defeat pose in DoA5), I guess that at some point in the game that spreads to the rest of his body?...

The short dress ? It's nice, but I think the garter with the knife is too obvious. It makes it slightly ridiculous. I still use it from time to time.

I prefer Christie's suit where you can have her wear a helmet - I think I'm starting to understand the Team Fortress 2 guys, I wouldn't mind being able to put Tina's cowboy hat on her every suit (I'd gladly trade that for a brunette option though).

Imagine a game of revenge, betrayal and love with Kasumi and Ayane.

An Ayane and Eliot version of Rose & Camellia.

Squire

Banned
LOL. You guys all just sound like you're mad it's not free. The costumes aren't overpriced and bundles aren't for massive savings. Letting you keep $5 when they want you to spend $15 would be stupid. That $13 price for the bundle is typical. That's a deal. Pricing the bundle at $10 would undercut their own sales.

OSHAN

LOL. You guys all just sound like you're mad it's not free. The costumes aren't overpriced and bundles aren't for massive savings. Letting you keep $5 when they want you to spend $15 would be stupid. That $13 price for the bundle is typical. That's a deal. Pricing the bundle at $10 would undercut their own sales.

Am I from crazy town or is this crazy?

Esura

Banned
So Team Ninja is going the Bandai-Namco way with pricing?

I want that Ayane Costume

I hate the bonus missions. They should have been a separate mode or give you an option to redo the match. They distract from me playing the story.

Oh hell no, its not that bad, lol.

I spent $9.99 for just one of Sophie's School costume in Tales of Graces f. This is ok in comparison. At least I'm getting a stack of costumes. Normally I don't mind sticking it to the man and expressing discontent about many stupid stuff in this generation but this doesn't seem that bad.

Need a compat patch though. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sega's two $15 packs in VF5FT are in a completely fucking different league than those other dudes

That's because you get like 1,000 items for like 8 characters each in those packs.

Also LMAO @ the price for those outfits. Ninja you serious?:

raven777

c20121016_deadalive_14_cs1w1_1011x632.jpg

I think this week's DLC costume will be standard setting.
3 sets with 4 costumes each with respective price, 4th pack containing pack1-3 for little discount.

I am almost certain this costume will be out 10/30.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
1000 items, lol, more like a 100 with a bunch of recolors.

Doesn't matter if they're recolors. Quantity > Money in this case.

100 recolors for 8 characters that pans out to 1,000 items for 8 characters > 1 outfit for 4 characters that bundles into 3 outfits (for one character) and 1 oufit (for 6 others) for 6 characters.

Squire

Banned
c20121016_deadalive_14_cs1w1_1011x632.jpg

I think this week's DLC costume will be standard setting.
3 sets with 4 costumes each with respective price, 4th pack containing pack1-3 for little discount.

I am almost certain this costume will be out 10/30.

This is the format they'll release them in, definitely. Where's that pic from, anyway? FSD?

Loona

There's one, in DOA5 ? I didn't know that. Not that I would want to hide her face ;) but it never hurts to change her appearance from time to time.

It's just a construction site helmet/hard hat, like Rig tells her to wear when they first meet in Story mode IIRC - doesn't hide her face, but looks funny on her without going into silly territory, just hold the left trigger button while selecting her white suit.

Top Bottom