• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Squire

Banned
So it would have updated last night? I thought it was 3AM Wednesday mornings. I know I've bought things on PSN since it updates Tuesday afternoon and XBL on Wednesday mornings.

I could be mistaken.

Nah, it's early Tuesday. And really, you can post to XBL whenever. It's one of the things that makes PSN annoying. 360 people usually wake up and the content is there. PS3 people are lucky if their update posts at noon (which it rarely does).

Why isn't the bundle available day 1? The more time I have to think about spending money on DLC, the more likely I am to realize I shouldn't be spending it!

Endo Punk

Just realised how to do a tag power blow. I thought only one character had to be in the red and when I tried with both in the red I came to know that you have a small window to perform because of health regen. Man it took me quite a while to figure all this out lol.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Gonna need to see the backs of those new costumes before purchase..

raven777

Gonna need to see the backs of those new costumes before purchase..

1350402997535.gif

for cat girl costume I guess

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I must admit, if there's going to be costume DLC for a fighting game and it's not edit parts like SC V, TTT2, or VF5:FS, I kinda prefer they just go the full costume shoppe like SFxT. Let you buy them all individually for a buck a pop, or buy a big discounted pack if you really want to know that all the costumes are available for your use.

Just seems the most fair moving forward.

But I also can't fault them too much for costume packs here since the base game has a lot of costumes already, when you include the free pack that insures the VF characters have more than 2 outfits.

Squire

Banned
I must admit, if there's going to be costume DLC for a fighting game and it's not edit parts like SC V, TTT2, or VF5:FS, I kinda prefer they just go the full costume shoppe like SFxT. Let you buy them all individually for a buck a pop, or buy a big discounted pack if you really want to know that all the costumes are available for your use.

But I also can't fault them too much for costume packs here since the base game has a lot of costumes already, when you include the free pack that insures the VF characters have more than 2 outfits.

"It's only fair if it's cheap" isn't sound logic, I have to tell you.

Manp

so after playing some more with the new patch throwdowns lag is not fixed for me... i still get 1 second pauses right before an invite pop up. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So it would have updated last night? I thought it was 3AM Wednesday mornings. I know I've bought things on PSN since it updates Tuesday afternoon and XBL on Wednesday mornings.

I could be mistaken.

Wed is XBLA.

DLC can be any day, along with the rest of the content, IIRC.

It's one thing MS has over SCEA: Set time and any day for it.

That is not the lag that was being referred to before.

You mean the PS3 hard-locking?

forward forward k k, p, forward p+K(critical burst) (small charge) powerblow(back p+k).

Spend half an hour trying, didn't work in the last fight. Oh well just beat Story mode, I'm happy enough. I don't think I wouldve got anything extra by finishing the last bonus mission.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So this is weird to me.

-PS3 received the online patch yesterday, but there's no DLC up.

-360 did not get the patch, but two DLC packs are on the marketplace. There's one costume missing, for Lisa (the black dress).

vg260

Yeah. For as much crap as Capcom got for its SFxT DLC, at least they gave the option for single costume purchases. Although I don't think the costumes were not what people got as upset over. At least they only make you wait a week for the discounted bundle. Much better than what, like 4 months from Capcom?

Pretty smart of them to keep these off-disc (75MB dl) too. No one's getting worked up about when these were created, when they probably were done for a while.

is there any trick to get throwdown challenges faster? i'm waiting in training and it's very inconsistent. whenever one pops up the chance is high that i will miss the chance for a fight, no matter how fast i accept. it says the other player can't fight right now.

Pachinko

I ain't spending more then 25 cents a costume, sorry tecmo.

So maybe I'll buy them either all bundled together (that means any future costumes) for 10 bucks on some sale , otherwise they can feel free to bite me.

I ain't spending more then 25 cents a costume, sorry tecmo.

So maybe I'll buy them either all bundled together (that means any future costumes) for 10 bucks on some sale , otherwise they can feel free to bite me.

So my friend and I were having this conversation at work about unrealistic expectations...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nah, people were lagging even when they weren't receiving Throwdown invites as long as Throwdown was turned on.

Weird, mine would hard-lock within 5-30 mins if I left throwdowns on. I'm wondering if they fixed that bug.

Presumably there is no free compatibility pack to download so people who didnt buy the DLC can still see the DLC outfits on people who did buy it?
This seems like common sense to me but I guess its just not a priority for TN :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
U.S.A. PSN now has all three packs up. I'm stupid and impatient and downloading now. Will check XBL for the phantom third pack later tonight...something was definitely up with XBL earlier. I couldn't install the new game I got today either, due to XBL being down or under maintenance.

Top Bottom