• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Is it weird that I'm considering switching my main method of play from the Xbox to the PS3 just because I hope the game will come to Vita, and that DLC will be cross-buy? I think so. I often set myself up for disappointment.

Oh well.

MrMephistoX

Is it weird that I'm considering switching my main method of play from the Xbox to the PS3 just because I hope the game will come to Vita, and that DLC will be cross-buy? I think so. I often set myself up for disappointment.

Oh well.

I'd love for it to go cross play honestly although that might be a tall order for a fighter due to latency but I would buy a vita version in a heartbeat. Vita is a surprisingly solid system for fighters: I just hope we get more of them.

Oh and I finally got Pai night before last so I'm pretty syched: she's my main in VF.

Squire

Banned

Oh well.

I don't at all think that'll happen. A Vita port would be nice, but it'd be a revision and wouldn't be cross-play. They could in theory add remote play though.

These outfits are expensive.
SSF4 offered 5 oufits per pack for 340-ish MSP IIRC? And you could change the colors on those.
Well, Ive bought the catsuit pack. I think I'll just leave it there.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Is there a reason I can't connect simple match after the patch?
actually, rank match as well. Its just keep searching.

It has been pretty assy today for me I had to wait a lot of time for 4 simple matches. Did 2 ranked matches with the same wait (5-10 mins of waiting)

Hopefully it works better later

Endo Punk

Trying to unlock Alpha to help me with survival. Fought her a few times online and she takes away a mean chunk of life with a combo, could prove useful against the annoying AI. So far I only have 215 titles, just gotta play with every character and unlock all costumes and I should be able to do it.

Skilletor

So this is weird to me.

-PS3 received the online patch yesterday, but there's no DLC up.

-360 did not get the patch, but two DLC packs are on the marketplace. There's one costume missing, for Lisa (the black dress).

I bought all the dlc on ps3.

Edit: Oops, didn't see your edit.

:D

Mesharey

Cat suit is called "Bunny costumes" on Xbox. :p

I didn't buy it (if I get it someday it will be for Christie), I bought one and I'll be waiting for the 2nd, strange it's not up yet for Xbox.

I'm not going to buy all the DLC if they use this price, gotta wait for a discount.

Cat suit is called "Bunny costumes" on Xbox. :p

I didn't buy it (if I get it someday it will be for Christie),

The catsuit looks amazing on Christie and pretty damn good on Lisa. Worth it for those two IMO.
It doesnt show enough of Tinas ass off though. Probably the same story for Helena, unfortunately.

Grisby

Urg, matches are a lot better online but its taking forever to find someone if you don't play lobby.

Got Christies legendary costume though. Shit was tense.

Mesharey

The full Rd. 2 set is on xbox right now. 1040msp. 1st item under new addons. Dunno if posted early by mistake.
Thanks, just bought "special set", it's been downloaded directly, I think if you buy any set of the 3 then you download them all (maybe you can see other players that have them online).

Hoya
Christie looks good in it, maybe because it's the first time they gave her this costume.

Skilletor

B-!

Not taking long to rank up at all. Especially when higher ranked people aren't as good as I am, lol.

I have run into a few really good people. One guy keeps wrecking my shit with Lisa. good times. :D

Edit: lol, lost to an Eliot. No clue what to do against his strings. They look mid, but apparently they aren't. :/

RiZ III

So I didn't want to see what the costumes are so I wasn't checking online to see. After unlocking what seemed like all of them for Ayane, I was like...where the hell are the sleazy ones??? Only to find there are none T_T

Mesharey

Edit: lol, lost to an Eliot. No clue what to do against his strings. They look mid, but apparently they aren't. :/
Yeah, lost against him in survival too, I turned move details on to know his attacks. :/
Just tried it in training to remember, he hits one hit mid and one high respectively.

Skilletor

Just ran into DontForkWitMe, whose name seems familiar. Destroyed me with Eliot. I have no clue how to fight this guy. :(

13/15 tonight and both losses to an Eliot.

I think if you buy any set of the 3 then you download them all (maybe you can see other players that have them online).

I hope your right about this. I only bought the catsuit pack and am yet to see any outfits from any other packs on my opponents.
TN will lose money by not offering free DLC compatibility packs IMO. Casual players wont even know there are new outfits available now, in all likelihood.

Finished story mode, didn't go for the last bonus mission. I didn't get 3 or 4 of them. Loved the story actually, but Kasumi in the last chapters confused me.

well, CPU is definitely different, at least on True Fighter survival.

they react slower (which actually ends up with them getting more high counter holds) attack less, sidestep more and go for critical busrt -> power blow less in stuns.

100 + 100 to go

any advice versus kokoro? it was hard for me to counter and punish her with slow ass ryu for some reason. first time i encountered a good kokoro player.

Finished story mode, didn't go for the last bonus mission. I didn't get 3 or 4 of them. Loved the story actually, but Kasumi in the last chapters confused me.

I can't believe Rig
is a baddy, and Donovan's son to boot. Now I can't wait for DoA6 for the conclusion to this shocking turn of events.

Edit: Dammit, sorry everybody. I posted then went to make dinner. Sincerest apologies to anyone who got spoiled.

Alx

I shouldn't have skipped so many cutscenes, I didn't even know that. :p So is
everybody related in DOA ? IIRC, Ayane, Hayate and Kasumi are full or half brothers and sisters, so are Kokoro, Helena and now Rig. Bass and Helena are father/daughter, of course, so I'll suppose that DOA6 will reveal that Gen Fu is Hitmoi's father and Brad is Elliot's uncle.

Vazra

Correct me if I'm wrong or missing something I'm going with memory here.

Hitomi (Showing her father she is capable of protecting herself and wanting to be independent on DOA3. Her father is shown on DOA3 BTW and not Gen FU. 4 and up she simply wants to win the tournament to prove more strenght.)

Kokoro (Kokoro's Mother Miyako handles DOATEC Japan) Half Sister of Helena

Helena (Daughter of the defunct Fame Douglas former leader of DOATEC leaving her as the leader of DOATEC) Half Sisters with Kokoro. Half Sister of Helena

Kasumi and Hayate are brothers with Ayane as half sister from the same clan or so

Ryu (connected with the Ninja clan helping against Raidou on DOA1 towards rescuing Hayate in DOA2)

Rig is Donovan's son

Christie murdered Helena's Mother in DOA2 but showed up in DOA3 (Helena thought it was Ayane)

Bayman works for Helena since DOA2 I think (Enemy with Christie since they are from opposite sides)

Lisa worked on DOATEC with Donovan (Connecting Christie and Lisa on DOA4)

Leifang (Wanting to show what is real power or so in DOA2 and up and also stalks Jann Lee)

Jann lee wants to fight the best fighters and win the tournament

Gen Fu(Gen Fu entered the tournament looking to save his granddaughter on DOA3 later turned into Eliot master in 4)

Eliot ( Gen Fu's apprentice in DOA4)

Mila (MMA fighter influenced by Bass)

Brad joins Eliot journey for growth.(Brad was looking for the Genra drink in DOA3 and 4)

Zack (Was in for the money and had a crush on Tina)

Tina and Bass Daughter and father. (Bass always complaining towards the decisions of Tina since DOA2 she ended up doing acting, rock and roll and apparently now trying for governor)

I can't believe Rig
is a baddy, and Donovan's son to boot. Now I can't wait for DoA6 for the conclusion to this shocking turn of events.

Edit: Dammit, sorry everybody. I posted then went to make dinner. Sincerest apologies to anyone who got spoiled.

Yeah the fuck? DOA6 is gonna be awesome! If only every other fighter had a similar story mode, looking at you Tekken!

Vazra

Yeah the fuck? DOA6 is gonna be awesome! If only every other fighter had a similar story mode, looking at you Tekken!

Imagine what Next Gen DOA will look like...

I can't
j28QC.gif

Also the story getting some more polish can be something great IMO.

EDIT: Already have listened the damn Lobby song 2 times waiting for a match. RAGE...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait, Rig is what? I didn't get that from the story mode at all. Where the hell is this mentioned?

Top Bottom