• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah, that bugged me.
A mean Canadian? Impossible. After Juri, I guess it's more Japanese hatred of Korea.

blg_blame_canada.jpg

Makes sense to me (JK)

Do you think that the long loading when playing online is cos people don't install the game first? (PS3).
It could be that. Because a few buddies of mine got the game via the PSN(5.5 gigs)I got the game on the PSN as well. And online load times are fast when I play them. I know a few that got the disc as well and have the game installed and load times are the same as my digital version.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, that I totally glossed over that mention at the end.

I always thought it was hatred that Kasumi is the full-blooded female offspring that Ayane wishes she could be, and Hayate is the leader to which Ayane devotes herself. She tries to overcome her blood with loyalty to the clan. That's why she gets so mad when Kasumi betrays her duties to the clan and runs off after Hayate. Kasumi just throws away everything Ayane would kill to have.

Ayane never seemed, to me anyway, to hate Kasumi just because of jealousy. Ayane is constantly calling Kasumi a traitor. You can see in DoA2U intro that the two got along when they were young. The divide came, in my mind, as they grew older and Kasumi was treated better than Ayane because of the way Ayane was conceived.

Pretty typical manga stuff, imo.

I just saw this post, but this is why I like Ayane more, and she's way cuter, even if she's arrogant.

DR2K

Banned
Recycled from DOA Dimensions. How many of the outfits are actually NEW in this game? LOL.

Recycled? That's like saying Chunli's outfit from SFII was recycled in SFIV.

About 60% of the costumes in game are new. Whereas the DLC about 30%(so far) have never been seen in another DOA game, but they're all new in the sense that they're made from the ground up.

Dantis

Recycled? That's like saying Chunli's outfit from SFII was recycled in SFIV.

About 60% of the costumes in game are new. Whereas the DLC about 30%(so far) have never been seen in another DOA game, but they're all new in the sense that they're made from the ground up.

This is the main thing people need to remember. The costume designs are reused, but the meshes and textures are completely new (Except for Lisa in Lei Fang's dress, obviously). Anybody who says or thinks otherwise is both stupid and completely wrong.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, what's up with the DLC on the PS3 store? Wasn't there supposed to be a complete package offered at a discount?

Grisby

Ha. I guess only two Americans are playing DOA5 right now. Had the same dudes show up 3 times in Simple match and the same deal happen just now in Ranked.

Dantis

Ha. I guess only two Americans are playing DOA5 right now. Had the same dudes show up 3 times in Simple match and the same deal happen just now in Ranked.

It's the new matchmaking system. It's completely borked.

I think it tries to put you against the best match it can find, which is why it takes longer. It also means you get matched up with the same players over and over if you both search at the same time after a match.

Endo Punk

I too am finding it hard to connect to another person whether ranked or simple match up. Takes minutes.

BTW I really hope DLC is more than just costumes, I woud love stages and even videos of past endings.

Mesharey

It's the new matchmaking system. It's completely borked.

I think it tries to put you against the best match it can find, which is why it takes longer. It also means you get matched up with the same players over and over if you both search at the same time after a match.
The annoying thing about it that it finds people (see players met) but it doesn't connect you with them. :/

Edit: YAY! Managed to get Bunny Angels code from Tecmo Koei's twitter. :D
I wanted the devil one but couldn't get it, well it's better than nothing. :p

Dantis

The annoying thing about it that it finds people (see players met) but it doesn't connect you with them. :/

Edit: YAY! Managed to get Bunny Angels code from Tecmo Koei's twitter. :D
I wanted the devil one but couldn't get it, well it's better than nothing. :p

Yeah, it's really frustrating.

Mephala

Gaf, I need tips on how to take better photos. Can someone explain to me what the numbers on the lower right means? I'm guessing it is some kind of focus but I really can't tell the difference between 1.0 and 9.9.

My horrible photo collection.

Here is a pic of Kokoro pretending to be the girl from The Ring. Halloween costumes would be awesome.
2b400799ef34f2b1d93935cadf453970f2eed479.png

Esura

Banned
Wait, how did you get that photo?

I can't seem to get any photos I take on the XMB. I got a nice one of Hitomi in her bikini I want to share. :(

Galdelico

Gaf, I need tips on how to take better photos. Can someone explain to me what the numbers on the lower right means? I'm guessing it is some kind of focus but I really can't tell the difference between 1.0 and 9.9.
You see the difference once you take your shot: 1.0 blurs the background, 9.9 keeps everything sharp.

Is there any easy way to export pics from PS3?

mao2

My horrible photo collection.

Here is a pic of Kokoro pretending to be the girl from The Ring. Halloween costumes would be awesome.
2b400799ef34f2b1d93935cadf453970f2eed479.png
.png
Oh wow... this is actually kinda scary. :O

Mephala

You see the difference once you take your shot: 1.0 blurs the background, 9.9 keeps everything sharp.

Is there any easy way to export pics from PS3?

Ah so that is what it does. Thanks for explaining this to me. Would you happen to know if there is a way to slow the fight down? I know you can pause it, but I was hoping for slow motion so I can get a shot when I want it.

I don't know if there is any way to export pics from PS3. :(
If the photo files used are the same between systems (which I doubt) the same tools might work for it.

Wait, how did you get that photo?

I can't seem to get any photos I take on the XMB. I got a nice one of Hitomi in her bikini I want to share. :(

• First I put the photos on usb to transfer it to my PC.
  • Then I used Horizon to open the usb and take the files out of it.
  • Once I have the files I used this, which I found here (gamefaqs).
  • I've also tried this website (NSWF) which takes the images in their original state and converts+uploads it for you if you don't want to use any programs.
  • The fellow who made the website also took the original tool and tidied it up code wise. I haven't tested this one though.

The Kokoro pic shown used the latter website, the stuff from imgur I used the program.

alstein

Online still seems terrible to me after giving this a spin, but I'd need more evidence. At the very least, it's inferior to VF, and seems less populated.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Finished the story mode. Wasn't that bad at all.
Total understatement. The story mode was absolutely horrible. Why Team Ninja thought it necessary to throw out the individual storyline style of previous games is beyond me. DOA5's mode was completely lacking in the fun of previous story modes. It might have worked for DOA:D but it was a terrible experience in DOA5.

Skilletor

Online still seems terrible to me after giving this a spin, but I'd need more evidence. At the very least, it's inferior to VF, and seems less populated.

I swear online alters frame data. I get beat out after my opponent does an unsafe move and jabs after, I can't punish properly at all. It makes it pretty difficult with Tina (or any grappler), when my attacks are slower and I rely on throws for my damage.

I don't know about less populated than VF. I have no trouble finding ranked matches and online DoA community seems to do more lobby matches in any case simply because that's how you played in previous DoAs.

Galdelico

Total understatement. The story mode was absolutely horrible. Why Team Ninja thought it necessary to throw out the individual storyline style of previous games is beyond me. DOA5's mode was completely lacking in the fun of previous story modes. It might have worked for DOA:D but it was a terrible experience in DOA5.
Opinions.
I enjoyed SM too: in the end I liked it better than single CG endings.

Dantis

any reason for me losing several ranks online?

I was c+ now I'm d-

Really? That's interesting...

You disconnected or something? And has it only just happened today?

100% disagree. I'd go as far as to say I enjoyed DOA5's story mode more than any other fighter out there (Except maybe Soul Calibur 1...).

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
100% disagree. I'd go as far as to say I enjoyed DOA5's story mode more than any other fighter out there (Except maybe Soul Calibur 1...).

I finished story mode last night and I must agree: I liked it better than every other fighting game story mode since, you called it, SC 1.

I know some didn't like this part, but I especially liked the missions and the fact that story mode here didn't have difficulty turned down to 1 star all the time. Accomplishing the missions in later stages is a genuine meaty challenge and requires a lot of thinking and creativity. The interface on timeline does desperately need a marker to show which missions are incomplete though.

MrMephistoX

I finished story mode last night and I must agree: I liked it better than every other fighting game story mode since, you called it, SC 1.

I know some didn't like this part, but I especially liked the missions and the fact that story mode here didn't have difficulty turned down to 1 star all the time. Accomplishing the missions in later stages is a genuine meaty challenge and requires a lot of thinking and creativity. The interface on timeline does desperately need a marker to show which missions are incomplete though.

I was pleasantly surprised for sure and it's got a narrow edge over MK for me. It's also one of the few times I didn't mind the english voiceovers in fact, I almost prefer them to the original Japanese. Still, it would be nice if there was a per character voice select option for certain characters like in the Capcom fighters.

Skilletor

I was pleasantly surprised for sure and it's got a narrow edge over MK for me. It's also one of the few times I didn't mind the english voiceovers in fact, I almost prefer them to the original Japanese. Still, it would be nice if there was a per character voice select option for certain characters like in the Capcom fighters.

Aside from Tina, I like all of the English voices; however, since I main Tina, I will never use English voices.

Dizzy

Banned
Finally unlocked Alpha. I think her flying moves are annoying the hell out of people. Shes good but feels a bit too floaty.

All thats left now for that sweet, sweet platinum are online matches and legend survival. Is it as hard as it sounds? Havent tried it yet but i read that the latest patch toned down the difficulty a bit?

Top Bottom