• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

A.E Suggs

This is the main thing people need to remember. The costume designs are reused, but the meshes and textures are completely new (Except for Lisa in Lei Fang's dress, obviously). Anybody who says or thinks otherwise is both stupid and completely wrong.

Agreed and sometimes it doesn't matter if they give people new costumes anyway. If they end up being ugly then all people will start saying is man thats why they should have given us the old costumes, lets face it this isn't a war that Team ninja is going to win.

I'm all for new costumes though, but the old ones are some of the main costumes people want back, I want a lot of DOA1 and DOAU costumes before new ones.

I swear online alters frame data. I get beat out after my opponent does an unsafe move and jabs after, I can't punish properly at all. It makes it pretty difficult with Tina (or any grappler), when my attacks are slower and I rely on throws for my damage.

I don't know about less populated than VF. I have no trouble finding ranked matches and online DoA community seems to do more lobby matches in any case simply because that's how you played in previous DoAs.
Yup. I *finally* was able to get a match and saw this hadn't changed so I took my beating and immediately I turned the game off. I personally think the substandard netcode combined with DOA's overly generous input buffer means this will never be a game I can enjoy online.

On top of all that, Namco's "anything goes" design (as it pertains to move hierarchies/priorities) fares better online than the triangle systems VF/DOA use, IMO.

Zephyrus

Banned
Really? That's interesting...

You disconnected or something? And has it only just happened today?

100% disagree. I'd go as far as to say I enjoyed DOA5's story mode more than any other fighter out there (Except maybe Soul Calibur 1...).

Nope, never disconnected.

Today was the first time I turned on the game since the patch and bam, lost ranks.

^Dude that sucks! Going from C+ back to d- again, you worked so hard for it. I haven't fired up the game post patch yet but if I did lose my B- rank...

Esura

Banned
Aside from Tina, I like all of the English voices; however, since I main Tina, I will never use English voices.

I thought Tina mainers liked her English voice lol. I love her accent. Her and Helena got the sexiest English voices in the game.

I think I'm going to abandon Kasumi as my secondary and replace her with Hitomi. Hitomi got that whole Sakura vibe and she is really fun to use. She'll be my new secondary to complement my Ayane-FU.

A.E Suggs

I thought Tina mainers liked her English voice lol. I love her accent. Her and Helena got the sexiest English voices in the game.

I think I'm going to abandon Kasumi as my secondary and replace her with Hitomi. Hitomi got that whole Sakura vibe and she is really fun to use. She'll be my new secondary to complement my Ayane-FU.

I do as well, it saddens me that people don't like tinas of all people english voices.

Fraeon

Yup. I *finally* was able to get a match and saw this hadn't changed so I took my beating and immediately I turned the game off. I personally think the substandard netcode combined with DOA's overly generous input buffer means this will never be a game I can enjoy online.

The netcode's still that bad? I was waiting for the patch but I guess it didn't fix much?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Paula Deen for Tina VA in DOA6!!!
paula-deen.jpg

LOL

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can't believe it's either/or for the voice acting choice. I mean Capcom of all people allows you custom set your voices, FFS.

Its really annoying not being able to connect to some throwdown requests when Im in training or vs mode etc.
Im sure my NAT is open (done the xbox settings check, DMZéd my xbox, get allocated host automatically in other MP games).
I dont understand why I get that stupid message "the other play is currently unavailable". I thought open NAT people could connect with anyone? Not like moderate and strict NAT scum. I bet its their fault :(

The netcode's still that bad? I was waiting for the patch but I guess it didn't fix much?
No, it's not *that* bad. It's serviceable, just not particularly good. But I play the slowest character in the game/a grappler so the the issues affect me more than people who play speedy striker types.

AlStrong

[*]I've also tried this website (NSWF) which takes the images in their original state and converts+uploads it for you if you don't want to use any programs.

[*]The fellow who made the website also took the original tool and tidied it up code wise. I haven't tested this one though.

The Kokoro pic shown used the latter website, the stuff from imgur I used the program.

Do you have an executable for the new tool?

edit:

nevermind, didn't quite understand what you meant by the second website. Got it now.:p

Edit the .bat to remove jpg conversion.

KSai

Its really annoying not being able to connect to some throwdown requests when Im in training or vs mode etc.
Im sure my NAT is open (done the xbox settings check, DMZéd my xbox, get allocated host automatically in other MP games).
I dont understand why I get that stupid message "the other play is currently unavailable". I thought open NAT people could connect with anyone? Not like moderate and strict NAT scum. I bet its their fault :(

Throwdown requests are received even if the other player doesn't want to fight. For example, I was in training with Throwdown requests on while my friend was playing either Arcade Mode or Time Attack to get costumes. Neither of us challenged each other, but the throwdown request appeared in the corner with his username. How does it work exactly? I don't know.

Throwdown requests are received even if the other player doesn't want to fight. For example, I was in training with Throwdown requests on while my friend was playing either Arcade Mode or Time Attack to get costumes. Neither of us challenged each other, but the throwdown request appeared in the corner with his username. How does it work exactly? I don't know.

I see. So, its like the computer makes the offer of a fight, but both candidates have to press a button ("back" button on xbox) to accept the fight. In my case, only I was accepting the fight offer but my potential opponent was content to just continue training and didnt want to fight.
I hope thats it.

Ayane players.... what's with all the spinning back and fourth!? Fuck you Ayane!!!! I hate her personality.

I used to play Ayane a lot back in my DoA1 days, but never got into her since. Back then I used to prefer her over Kasumi, but now it's the other way around.

Fraeon

Total understatement. The story mode was absolutely horrible. Why Team Ninja thought it necessary to throw out the individual storyline style of previous games is beyond me. DOA5's mode was completely lacking in the fun of previous story modes. It might have worked for DOA:D but it was a terrible experience in DOA5.

I'd understand if DOA put any effort to those but I am left wondering why anyone would miss story modes that are one cutscene and then a completely unrelated ending. I do appreciate that they put in some effort this time around but the plot makes even less sense and turns out to be even sillier than anything MK9 had.

KSai

Ayane players.... what's with all the spinning back and fourth!? Fuck you Ayane!!!! I hate her personality.

She has neat moves when she's backwards. Eat it.

In my case I love her flying kick. The one that shoots upward. All you have to do is a low throw when you see her come spinning at you. That irritated the hell out of me when this one dude caught me every time I went into spin mode.

I'd understand if DOA put any effort to those but I am left wondering why anyone would miss story modes that are one cutscene and then a completely unrelated ending. I do appreciate that they put in some effort this time around but the plot makes even less sense and turns out to be even sillier than anything MK9 had.
I don't play games for story, and this one's story wasn't even good. The CG scenes used to be fun.

Fraeon

I don't play games for story, and this one's story wasn't even good. The CG scenes used to be fun.

To be fair, very few games have stories that can be called "good". None of them are fighting games.

The whole mid part of the story mode in DOA5 is "fun", though. None of it is serious at all.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, onlines dead. Only two lobbies open around me at this time it seems.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You are using the same area, they changed it after the last update.
You can change it.

Yesterday I had the same problem and I had any selected. It seems the match making system got screwed up. I managed to get some matches later but it took me a lot of tries.

Top Bottom