• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

raven777

there will be 3 packs.

pack 1 will be school uniform pack (kasumi example)

pack 2 will be gymnastic(?) pack (Ayane's)

pack 3 will be special pack2 (Leifang)

Mesharey

002.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

new pack looks a lot more promising than last week's.
I'm still waiting for something good for Ayane. :(

Alx

I always liked that Lei Fang leather costume, but TN should really go easy on the cleavage, it's just childish and ridiculous to have each suit unzipped to the navel.
For a comparison, the same costume in DOA2 :
160px-DOA2_LeiFang_C4.png

raven777

I always liked that Lei Fang leather costume, but TN should really go easy on the cleavage, it's just childish and ridiculous to have each suit unzipped to the navel.
For a comparison, the same costume in DOA2 :
160px-DOA2_LeiFang_C4.png

but it was unzipped before. (although it had something in the middle)
leifangultimate2_1.jpg

Squire

Banned

Do you have DOA5? I'm seriously asking. It's the most tame release in TN's portfolio. The supposedly *sexy* costumes aren't even that risqué and that's including the DLC on offer. You can verify that with the posts in this thread alone.

Dantis

I thought that, too. Kasumi not having loose hair as an option is weird, too. They added it Helena, but Kasumi lost it. What?

I use Kasumi with loose hair in every match I have, lol.

It's L1 + Triangle.

Also, it looks like I'm in the minority about the DLC. Lei Fang's costume is fine, because I know it's a fan favourite, but the school uniform and gym outfits (To a much greater extent, even) do nothing for me. They're incredibly boring.

Thanks man. nice of you to say.
Unfortunately I dont have Lisas yellow dress DLC (or her black dress either). As nice as the two outfits look, I struggle to justify spending 6$ on each pack (AUD) for the one outfit within. Im curious about the yellow dress too, ever since someone mentioned her win pose asscrack. lol
I'll take some Lisa catsuit pics later, when I do Helena and Tina.
Also, I couldnt get your link to work. Its "forbidden" :(

Its all good, $6 is alot for a pack. I'm dying to see dat ass crack though lol.

Thats famitsu links for ya, just gotta copy and paste the url in address bar but no need as the screenshots have already been posted here.

Alx

Do you have DOA5?

I do, and the abuse of cleavage in costumes annoyed me from the beginning, especially for Christie and Helena who are the characters I use most. Before the first DLC that brought back her original costume, Helena didn't have a single outfit that wasn't excessively opened in the front.
I have nothing against boobs and sexy costumes, mind you, but when they're everywhere it's borderline cringe-worthy.

PJX

I do, and the abuse of cleavage in costumes annoyed me from the beginning, especially for Christie and Helena who are the characters I use most. Before the first DLC that brought back her original costume, Helena didn't have a single outfit that wasn't excessively opened in the front.
I have nothing against boobs and sexy costumes, mind you, but when they're everywhere it's borderline cringe-worthy.

I find it funny how most people on Gaf said Itagaki was responsible for all that but none of them are here to admit that it's gotten worse on that front since he's left.

I find it funny how most people on Gaf said Itagaki was responsible for all that but none of them are here to admit that it's gotten worse on that front since he's left.

Why can't we adjust the size of the breasts? Or stop the physics like in DOA1.

DR2K

Banned

It hasn't gone up or down. The sexy is there because some very loud fans wanted it to be and TN listened to them.

Dantis

It hasn't gone up or down. The sexy is there because some very loud fans wanted it to be and TN listened to them.

Nah, it's been toned down in some cases. Kasumi and Ayane have a lot less revealing and/or sexualised costumes than in previous games.

DR2K

Banned
Nah, it's been toned down in some cases. Kasumi and Ayane have a lot less revealing and/or sexualised costumes than in previous games.

Yes, but Tina, Lisa, and Christie have some of the most in series(fighting) history.

I have no doubt the other females will be getting sexy suits similar to them via DLC.

Dantis

I should point out that I'm not complaining about it. I think Ayane and Kasumi's new costumes are probably my favourites out of all of them.

Would it kill them to give the guys at least one "sexy" outfit? I get the main focus of the series is the cheesecake, but at least throw us a bone. (Literally.)

Endo Punk

Would it kill them to give the guys at least one "sexy" outfit? I get the main focus of the series is the cheesecake, but at least throw us a bone. (Literally.)

Well Im not sure about sexy outfits but costumes for Brad and Jann are my most wanted right now. I'd rather they get at least 1 each instead of the girls getting 100 sexy outfits.

kyo27

Seems like it went up to me. Some of the bikinis are like dental floss, and the jiggle physics are the most excessive it has ever been. Things are like friggin jello.

DR2K

Banned
Seems like it went up to me. Some of the bikinis are like dental floss, and the jiggle physics are the most excessive it has ever been. Things are like friggin jello.

DOA1 and DOAX2 are ridiculous in comparison. Wouldn't mind a sports bra DLC, lol.

PJX

Why can't we adjust the size of the breasts? Or stop the physics like in DOA1.

Go buy Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma, because you were allowed to shake them.

DOA1 and DOAX2 are ridiculous in comparison. Wouldn't mind a sports bra DLC, lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember DOA1 having any bikini outfits.

Also how can you compare a beach volleyball game to a fighting game? I don't remember any of those swimsuits being in any DOA fighting game that Itagaki worked on.

DR2K

Banned
Go buy Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma, because you were allowed to shake them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember DOA1 having any bikini outfits.

Also how can you compare a beach volleyball game to a fighting game? I don't remember any of those swimsuits being in any DOA fighting game that Itagaki worked on.

DOA1
130px-DOA1_Ayane_C12.png

DOA2
dead-or-alive-ultimate-20041014003904158.jpg

DOA3

HelenaDOA3C4.jpg

2648669tina02l.jpg

Nah Bikini's have been a mainstay forever.

PJX

*pics*

Nah Bikini's have been a mainstay forever.

Stand corrected.

But those are tamed compared to the ones in DOA5. And some of them I wouldn't even classify as being a bikini, especially the last one with Tina and the Helena one.

DR2K

Banned
Stand corrected.

But those are tamed compared to the ones in DOA5. And some of them I wouldn't even classify as being a bikini, especially the last one with Tina and the Helena one.

The CE edition bikini's are pretty tame, the rare bikini's are from DOAX2, and exceptionally sexualized.

Top Bottom