• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Dizzy

Banned
How come these packs cost more on PS3 than 360? Do they really think we're dumb enough to consider £3.99 = 400 Ms points?

I'm starting to notice a lot of other games do it too when I look back through the store. There seems to be a straight conversion of the ms points number e.g. 800 points = 7.99 on psn, whereas these conversion websites list it as 6 25 based on the 2100 points card rrp.

How come these packs cost more on PS3 than 360? Do they really think we're dumb enough to consider £3.99 = 400 Ms points?

I'm starting to notice a lot of other games do it too when I look back through the store. There seems to be a straight conversion of the ms points number e.g. 800 points = 7.99 on psn, whereas these conversion websites list it as 6 25 based on the 2100 points card rrp.

it's always been like that, there's no price parity across regions. occasionally, some things cost more on the US PSN too...

Mesharey

Helena and Kokoro. :/

I like Mila now, she has different fighting style than other characters, I didn't like her before but now she's good, especially offensive throws and SS throws.

Grisby

Christ almighty does it take a while to find a match now. Even longer then before it seems.

In other news I have put in 35 hours. By far the longest time I have ever put into a fighting game. Crazy. I love firing the game up for a bit and having a go.

Endo Punk

Thats rough man. I lost twice on level 99 across the 4 diffenernt Survival difficulties. You just gotta get back on the horse, I guess. Jan Less is one of the most dangerous opponents beause of his poke, poke, grab (but keeps you standing), poke, poke, grab etc.
Who were you using? Probably Alpha or maybe Lisa?

Using Lisa with that combo. Can't do Alpha she just feels to unsafe. I'll get back in next week after the patch, maybe TN will have the decency to decrease the number of fights. There is no point for the final 4 difficulties to all have 100 fights. If Hard was 50 fights then Champ should be 60, or even 70.

The last thing I heard about DoA5's sales was that it was selling better than TTT2, or something?
I hope it sold well, as I would like TN to be encouraged to make a DoAX3. Wishful thinking, I guess.

Endo Punk

I did it! I finally beat Champ survival and if that wasn't enough I got through True Ninja difficulty as well. Shot down on Master fight 62 though. Don't want to tackle it too fast, adrenaline was rushing so I managed to beat two difficulty settinngs but now after 262+ fights I am burnt out.

There were so many occasions I got though just by the skin of my teeth. Man it was tense.

Congrats on beating the two Survival modes. once you get a hang of taking out the AI's, you just have to hold your nerve in tough situations. If I'd done a better job of that, I wouldnt have failed on level 90+ so many times. lol
ALBUMMK24K3922006028136.jpg
ALBUMMK24K3528006028056.jpg

ALBUMMK24J4813006028084.jpg
ALBUMMK24J5113006028093.jpg

ALBUMMK24J5937006028077.jpg
ALBUMMK24K0547006028051.jpg

ALBUMMK25J5700006028098.jpg
ALBUMMK25J5545006028093.jpg

ALBUMMK25K3258006028144.jpg

Galdelico

So you're on track to beat all 4 Survival modes, in less than 24 hours?!
Point is - and it's always been like that, between me and DoA, lol - you can spend ages trying to achieve something and waste so much time... But when it works, it's usually not that long as a task.

I tried so many times Legend Arcade and Time Attack - literally, hours and hours - but when I beat them... Well, it's not like I had to struggle every single round: instead, I actually managed to complete them both in around 6 minutes each.

I know Survival - especially Survival 100 - is not as quick as Arcade/Time Attack, but it was just to say that when you do well in DoA, you also fly through it quite fast.

Endo Punk

Fight 91. Got cocky, Ryu has a sliver of life left while I got half a bar. He did the izuna drop hold. Dead -_- My head hurts. I'll try it on the weekend.

Endo Punk

Nope. I need some time off before I tackle survival legend again. I'm doing a lot worse now. I'll put the game back in again after the patch.

Endo Punk

Woo! Beat 100. Now I just have to do it 3 more times -_-;

I'm all shaky :p

Champ? Yeah once you done that it's best to carry on and do the others. Don't wanna waste all dat adrenaline :p Ive just got Legend left, it's quite hard, on 2 occasions I reached 91 only to let nerves get the best of me.

Ayane, KOKORO (hate that bitch) and Christie.

Ayane and Christie don't give me any trouble to be honest but yeah Kokoro is a right bitch, including the VF characters. I say Goddamn!

Lisa's almost naked costume. :O

Some say its the greatest outfit in the history of fighting games.

Sweet Jesus!

Where in the world is DoA Volleyball 3?

I heard NG3 was bad. I wish they made DoAX3 instead.

I love this shot. Great one!

No worries. I just wish I had Milas CE swimsuit to show you :(

How can you export these screenshots? Was this enabled by a recent patch?

On PS3, you'd need either a HD recorder, TV card on your PC or a good digital camera. I believe there is an app for the xbox that will decode the encrypted image files.

How do you get this??

Just beat the 4 highest difficulties of Survival. I used Lisa. I detailed it on page 91.

Mesharey

OK, I will try to finish survival too.
I wasn't ready to experience that *nervous* feeling I had when I finished it in DOA4 yet, but well, that's the only thing left ...
I will use Ayane or Hitomi.

Wish me luck ! XD

Edit: They said they're working to improve online experience and many things in their twitter account.

Endo Punk

And it's done.

Thumbnails cause PS3 version.

icon0w.png

icon0j.png

And the costume that was worth going through hell for.

icon0p.png

Will post proper pics once I find a way to export them from the PS3, I sincerely hope TN are aware and implement it into their next patch.

Endo Punk

I just realised something.

Survival Start post:

(Yesterday, 12:19 PM)

I did it! I finally beat Champ survival and if that wasn't enough I got through True Ninja difficulty as well. Shot down on Master fight 62 though. Don't want to tackle it too fast, adrenaline was rushing so I managed to beat two difficulty settinngs but now after 262+ fights I am burnt out.

There were so many occasions I got though just by the skin of my teeth. Man it was tense.

Survival End post:

(Today, 12:19 PM)

And it's done.

Thumbnails cause PS3 version...

Look at the time of these posts on this page :D

Fucking Win.

Also thanks everyone, and good luck to anyone whose doing the challenge. My advice, don't choke.

Top Bottom