• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I suck so bad. Akira is absolutely DESTROYING me in Champ AI Arcade. :(

Galdelico

The image export thing is something I wish they can patch it in the future, but I doubt they will do it.
I'd like Team Ninja to fix all that stuff, but I feel the same.

Seems like devs don't really care too much about these extra features, as if they have to put them in their games just for the sake of it.
Still remember the faulty Nekropolis in Mortal Kombat, where you were unable to view DLCs' character models/alts the same way of the regular ones: alot of people asked for a fix and if I remember correctly, at some point, NetherRealm even said they were working on it, but in the end they left it as it was.

Soul Calibur 5 has them.
Yeah, and I guess all the CAPCOM fighting games before SFxT? Pretty sure SFIV/Super/Arcade had a compatibility pack/outfits' catalogue to download, in order to see the alts when used by other players.

TheSeks

Mash lows, seriously he won't do anything.

Except when he counters, ground bounces me and then makes me EAT IT.

I did notice that's a flaw on him but by the time I commit an attack and he blocks it, he'll counter or attack me before I can break through his guard with a low. :( He combos relentlessly.

Galdelico

YES.

tumblr_mbuo449Qro1redmvqo3_1280.jpg

I still have to clear Time Attack Tag Team on Legend, and then I can move to Survival (still 60 titles to get in order to unlock Alpha... It's a looong way).

I suck so bad. Akira is absolutely DESTROYING me in Champ AI Arcade. :(
I find him pretty easy to beat, even on higher difficulty settings. You just have to keep him at distance: if you notice, when you stay far from his grabs you can easily read his moves and range-attack him pretty effectively (hold 4+PK with Hayabusa, QCF+K with Ayane and Jann Lee etc) in order to constantly push him back and repeat.
Another suggestion (based on my experience): when you have to get up from the ground and you're close, try to avoid the simple recover with low K - from Champ onwards, it gives a free counter attack to the CPU 7/8 times out of 10 - but instead roll around him and try 7+K. It's not 100% safe but I found it more effective thanks to the higher landing ratio and also since it leaves to you the chance to quickly step back and regain a favourable position.

MCD

sarah isn't better i get a serie of flying kicks in my faces and after that i get a hi counter in my face ...i enjoy this game but still ....

Can't help when her legs ARE SO FUCKING LONG

My most hated bastards though are MR. STRONG and Mila. These two fuckers won't stop combo grabbing my ass every sec and I can't get out of their hold no matter how many buttons I press.

Inspired by the above Christie photo, I decided to get some pics using photo mode. Sexy, but tasteful with some action was what I was going for. It can be hard to get good action shots with random clipping issues and character heads and torsos twisting 180 degrees the wrong way. I'd love to see some other peoples stuff, if you have a digital camera or whatever handy.

Het_Nkik

I don't know if anyone saw this, but confirms the rumors that Dead Or Alive was build on the Virtua Fighter 2 engine.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/17/dea...-more-cameos-ryo-from-shenmue-would-be-ideal/

I would KILL for Ryo Hazuki to be in DOA5. I'd consider it canon. After the mysterious ending of Shenmue II, Ryo travels the world and beats up pretty people. The end. Perfect. Also, Hayashi isn't the game's director as stated in the article. That's bugging me.

Also, fuck Survival Mode. I was playing Champ and I thought I'd have to beat 60 people since before that it was 50. I was in the 70s and going, "Uh, okay, why hasn't this stopped?" Then I found out it's 100 O_O I thought that was going to be saved for Legend. So do I have to beat 100 people for every one of the locked difficulty levels or what?

I'm also just a few more titles away from unlocking Alpha-152. Really easy way to get enough titles is to play local versus against yourself on the rooftop stage, then go through each character and do a strike attack against a hanging opponent, a throw against a hanging opponent, a power blow, and a critical burst to power blow.

Dizzy

Banned
Lol funny how people start crying when you use alpha. I very rarely do because shes not my main and because it causes crying, but shes not that cheap. If she was insanely overpowered then online would eventually end up being nothing but alphas everywhere.

Dantis

Lol funny how people start crying when you use alpha. I very rarely do because shes not my main and because it causes crying, but shes not that cheap. If she was insanely overpowered then online would eventually end up being nothing but alphas everywhere.

She's crazy powerful put her defense is beyond poor. It balances out but she can still frustrating to fight.

Mesharey

Team ninja posted in twitter that they're enhancing the game more in the next patch. (I used Google translate)

Hopefully they fix throwndowns.

geebee

Banned
Inspired by the above Christie photo, I decided to get some pics using photo mode. Sexy, but tasteful with some action was what I was going for. It can be hard to get good action shots with random clipping issues and character heads and torsos twisting 180 degrees the wrong way. I'd love to see some other peoples stuff, if you have a digital camera or whatever handy.
Damn! How much time did the devs spend modeling that?

TheSeks

Team ninja posted in twitter that they're enhancing the game more in the next patch. (I used Google translate)

Hopefully they fix throwndowns.

FIX THE GODDAMN SWIMSUITS.

AND FIX THE GODDAMN PHOTO MODE.

I don't give a damn about the throwdowns being fixed until those two are fixed. *throws over the Magazine rack*

The prettiest of them all is Helena.

Too bad almost all of her costumes suck ass >__________>

Yeah, Helena has the best face but her outfits and fighting style are so dull.
Her catsuit is ok-ish and her tits look nice in that white blouse she has. Still, wasted potential IMO.
Im gonna get some shots of her later, fighting... Bass... on the oil-rig, I think.

Edit: Thats you Mesharey? The Hitomi one looks the best of the three girls.

Thanks man. nice of you to say.
Unfortunately I dont have Lisas yellow dress DLC (or her black dress either). As nice as the two outfits look, I struggle to justify spending 6$ on each pack (AUD) for the one outfit within. Im curious about the yellow dress too, ever since someone mentioned her win pose asscrack. lol
I'll take some Lisa catsuit pics later, when I do Helena and Tina.
Also, I couldnt get your link to work. Its "forbidden" :(

Top Bottom