• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Endo Punk

Its all good, $6 is alot for a pack. I'm dying to see dat ass crack though lol.

Thats famitsu links for ya, just gotta copy and paste the url in address bar but no need as the screenshots have already been posted here.

I would take some pics but using PS3 there is no way I can upload it to the web and post here. Such a dumb move by TN.

I would take some pics but using PS3 there is no way I can upload it to the web and post here. Such a dumb move by TN.

Just use the camera on your phone if you have one, to take the shot. It will at least give us an idea of what that yellow dress looks like from the back :)

I'll see what I can do. I am hoping the next patch adds the ability to use the photos online.

I would love to see pics from you PS3 folk (or anyone else for that matter).
Expensive DLC and no compatibility packs ensure there are some outfits some of us will never see in-game. Pics are all we have :(

A.E Suggs

I'm almostr certain that NGS2 will be better than NG3RE. Ayane's costume is awful in NGS2 though. She looks dumb as hell.

But NG3 was a seriously terrible game.

It wasn't dumb and most people liked that costume I just wish the chest area was a little different.

Endo Punk

DLC costume packs every other week right? I expect the patch to hit next week as well. Sure hope they add the ability to see connection of players before accepting fight, more than one occasion I went into a really laggy matches only for my system to freeze.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Crappy Ps3 Pics by me. T_T
ibqZXuTPSeavDo.PNG

ibc15D1zJTuHNN.PNG

Dantis

It wasn't dumb and most people liked that costume I just wish the chest area was a little different.

It was astoundingly silly. It was impractical even by DOA standards.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55167939@N05/8115340693/
l_508632e652967 by dr2k, on Flickr

Huh, Ayane has Hitomi's Gym uniform swimsuit from DOAXBV in this DLC pack. If all the girls have that one, HNNNNG.

But the price is too expensive Team Ninja! D:

I think Ayane had that same costume in DOAU?

EDIT:

A.E Suggs

It was astoundingly silly. It was impractical even by DOA standards.

I think Ayane had that same costume in DOAU?

I don't see it any more impractical or silly than anything that is impracitcal in DOA.

Ayane_NGS2_21.jpg

I also don't know how being practical matters in this game anyway, but meh to each his own I just think its nitpicking. Being silly doesn't mean anything much anyway I think anything like superhero gear in general is silly but thats kind of the point almost.

Crappy Ps3 Pics by me. T_T
ibqZXuTPSeavDo.PNG

ibc15D1zJTuHNN.PNG

Nice under boob.

I don't see it any more impractical or silly than anything that is impracitcal in DOA.

Ayane_NGS2_21.jpg

I also don't know how being practical matters in this game anyway, but meh to each his own I just think its nitpicking. Being silly doesn't mean anything much anyway I think anything like superhero gear in general is silly but thats kind of the point almost.

Nice upper boob. Looks medieval European in origin. The only part I dont like is the big bow on Ayanes back. Also, I wish Ayane had black hair in this picture (and in general).

A.E Suggs

Love the bow, hate the NGS2 gravity-defying boob-cups, and ludicrously low and high cut skirt. Not to mention the over designed-ness of the whole thing.

Why would you hate the thing thats actually the most practical for fighting? I also can't see the problem with the skirt being cut high over it being a long skirt and its not like it isn't similar to her old default costume. The boobs I'll agree with but we know why they did that, guess I can kinda agree on the over design but it works for that kind of costume. That red and black hayabusa costume on the other hand looks that way to me though.

Dizzy

Banned
Cleared up everything now except for the 1000 online games and survival trophies. So I'm finally starting survival after putting it off for so long and all I can say is.....man this is cheap. I'm clearing house easy enough and all of a sudden Helena comes in and just straight up destroys me. I don't think I got a single hit on her. It's lile the difficulty just randomly jumped up 10 levels in one fight.

Any tips? Other than leifangs and Ryu's pk moves?

It would be interesting to know what costume pack sold the best in the last roll out.
I would imagine the sexy catsuit pack sold better than the other 2 conservative clothing packs, but who knows?

i can't even find people to play with anymore. throwdowns are broken and have no options to tweak search conditions. simple matches are dead and nobody joins in lobby. open rooms have 8+ players in it, how stupid is that? ranked is hit or miss. when i get matched, it's usually the same 3 people for the whole evening.

one more week. if they didn't patch it by then i'll flush the game down the toilet. i didn't buy this for photo mode.

Vazra

Are we really cool with the fact that the DOA 5 OT is almost entirely discussion on skanky outfits?

Well it seems to fluctuate between online talk, saying fuck you Survival Mode and Skanky Outfits.

Oh right and the awful Chosen1 song.

Endo Punk

I reached 95 fights on Champ before an unpredictable Jann destroyed me.... I can't do this anymore. You win Team Ninja! Knowing there are still 3 difficulty settings after it is just too much for my mind.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I don't mind the costume pack prices breakdown per costume, but do wish these games would all use the SFxT costume shop so you could just buy the ones you wanted for a buck a piece. That would be more fair. There's plenty of costumes already in the game. I just want a few of the DLC ones.

Totally weird question I've been trying to figure out: anyone noticed if the dirt and stain system in the game makes random smudges on characters? Or are the dirt effects completely canned and always in the same spots?

Skilletor

People from Gaf should try and get some games in with me. Online is full of bad players that just counter against Tina.

Stop countering against Tina.

Srsly.

I ran into a guy yesterday that got made that I kept doing Tina's ground throw. He went from, "You're pretty good," to, "Is that all you do?" In about 3 matches.

Maybe I should play 360. Been spending the most time on ps3.

MrMephistoX

People from Gaf should try and get some games in with me. Online is full of bad players that just counter against Tina.

Srsly.

I ran into a guy yesterday that got made that I kept doing Tina's ground throw. He went from, "You're pretty good," to, "Is that all you do?" In about 3 matches.

Feel free to add me MrMephistoX. I can't guarantee I'm that skilled but I'm no spammer.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Are we really cool with the fact that the DOA 5 OT is almost entirely discussion on skanky outfits?

And you are offended why? What did you expect :p

Game has a screenshot feature, it has really nice character models topped with uhh outfits. Of course screens are going to exist. Besides new outfits are still being released as well so talk about that is bound to happen

A.E Suggs

Well you could break the current mood by giving them something else to talk about. At this point there's really nothing to talk about right now so I don't blame them.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
How about we talk about game play HERE? :O

Srsly.

Add me...I play on both systems and I think nobody on my PS3 friends list is playing this. Barely anyone on 360.

Skilletor

How about we talk about game play HERE? :O

Add me...I play on both systems and I think nobody on my PS3 friends list is playing this. Barely anyone on 360.

I will when I get home. We both seem to play a lot of fighters, anyway. Should've done that a long time ago. :p

Dizzy

Banned
Fuck sake. Got so far and failed two more times ..TO AKIRA! Thats three times now. Thanks for raping my childhood Tecmo. I used to like the Vf characters, now Akira is my new training punching bag.

I reached 95 fights on Champ before an unpredictable Jann destroyed me.... I can't do this anymore. You win Team Ninja! Knowing there are still 3 difficulty settings after it is just too much for my mind.

Thats rough man. I lost twice on level 99 across the 4 diffenernt Survival difficulties. You just gotta get back on the horse, I guess. Jan Less is one of the most dangerous opponents beause of his poke, poke, grab (but keeps you standing), poke, poke, grab etc.
Who were you using? Probably Alpha or maybe Lisa?

Dem Tina hips! o_O

How does that outfit look like from the back? Just curious ;)

Unfortunately, her ass is a little flat IMO and its hard to get a back shot that looks good. Maybe I'll try later with a different outfit or something.

Vazra

I really dont know what talk about the gameplay since most of the gameplay and questions about it have been covered overall in the OP and by users over here. I can repeat the same that the online its ok and I had decent matches but I'm not feeling like spending a post on just repeating over and over the same thing.

We have more than 100 pages and there were some good talk about gameplay before but at this point we talk about online (Which isnt the best) or playing with friends or other activities that are in the game (Photos)

Top Bottom