• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

MCD

Unlocked Christie and Tina swimsuits.

Now please give me a cheat code for survival/Lisa because I will never get it in my life time legit.

Endo Punk

I absolutely hate playing as Hayate and Ayane, it's a chore unlocking their costumes.

Unlocked Christie and Tina swimsuits.

Now please give me a cheat code for survival/Lisa because I will never get it in my life time legit.

Likewise so Im trying to unlock Alpha by getting 300 titles, 35 to go. Surely she should make it easy with her massive damage....

DR2K

Banned
I absolutely hate playing as Hayate and Ayane, it's a chore unlocking their costumes.

Likewise so Im trying to unlock Alpha by getting 300 titles, 35 to go. Surely she should make it easy with her massive damage....

Tag mode, just make sure to pick them first. Takes 2-3 minutes per costume.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

alpha isnt that good TBH.

Vazra

She's one of the best and most unique characters. Reminds me of Pheonix, a glass canon. Super light weight, holds teleport, no wake up kicks, but batshit damage and great mobility.

She is unique but she is rather easy to read for most of the part.

Dizzy

Banned
Get an invite -> accept it -> the other player can not currently fight right now. FUCK OFF :-

90% of the time thats what I get. Didnt try before patch but people seem to be saying it was working before that?

Get an invite -> accept it -> the other player can not currently fight right now. FUCK OFF :-

90% of the time thats what I get. Didnt try before patch but people seem to be saying it was working before that?

experiencing the same here. i guess i can't use training in downtimes and will never get that trophy.

So I wanted to share something I found out about Akira's Guard Break o' Doom (aka Toryu Tenshin Hazankai) for anyone who's playing him, turns out you can cheat the motion by doing circles counter clockwise.

So instead of doing the regular motion of 236 P+K, 43 P+K, 236 P, 46 P+K, you can just start the 236 P+K, then do a circle back to 6 and hit P+K, another circle back to 6 and P, and a third circle P+K to finish. Makes the move a lot more brain dead which makes it easier trying to do it in an actual fight, at least for me anyway.

Holy Shit I didn't realise you can move the camera on win poses 0_0 And Lisa's DLC masked outfit shows her ass crack.... I think I left the camera on her sexy back for a good half hour XD

This is the yellow dress outfit? I wish I could see that.
The worst thing about using an arcade stick is that you cant manipulate the camera on win or lose poses. It really sucks :(

Mesharey

How do you move the camera?

Can you zoom in on the character's breasts?
Yes. :p
Use analog sticks to move the camera and d-pad to zoom.

I'm using CE swimsuit costumes a lot, strange, because I didn't like them in DOAU.

For me, there's still nothing good for Ayane and Hitomi. Hitomi needs her classic costume.

Jann Lee and Rig (wearing suits) vs. LeiFang and Lisa (wearing black dress) looks good in tag. :D

I hate the new matchmaking. -.-"

Endo Punk

I take it back. Ayane is pretty great... especially her lose animation XD

Is there a way to change win animation? Sometimes I see character do win poses that Ive never seen but that occurs rarely, I figured if you get a perfect match you would trigger it but nope. It's always the same 2 win animation.

raven777

I take it back. Ayane is pretty great... especially her lose animation XD

Is there a way to change win animation? Sometimes I see character do win poses that Ive never seen but that occurs rarely, I figured if you get a perfect match you would trigger it but nope. It's always the same 2 win animation.

holding different face buttons after KO will do it.

But most characters only have 2 win animations. Exception of Ayane, Lisa, and Hitomi.

holding different face buttons after KO will do it.

But most characters only have 2 win animations. Exception of Ayane, Lisa, and Hitomi.

Lisas third win animation (where she bends over the downed opponent and says something like "you're the one who wanted to fight") is impossible to manually trigger. It may be character specific ,as I have seen it vs Ayane a few times but I still cant trigger it against her when I want.

Holy Shit I didn't realise you can move the camera on win poses 0_0 And Lisa's DLC masked outfit shows her ass crack.... I think I left the camera on her sexy back for a good half hour XD

Breasts don't bounce as much now.

I need this game and outfit right now. That outfit is too delicious. Now I'm going to have to search and see if anyone has this asscrack screencaped yet.

Saw another Lisa winpose where she says 'textbook win'. Best one yet

Sexy Lisa (swimsuit or Catsuit) never uses that winpose at all unfortunately. IIRC she has a "woo hoo" winpose (arms outstretched, camera looking down at her) she'll only use in non-sexy outfits.
TN should have made it so ALL winposes apply to all outfits IMO. The more variety, the better.

Endo Punk

Sexy Lisa (swimsuit or Catsuit) never uses that winpose at all unfortunately. IIRC she has a "woo hoo" winpose (arms outstretched, camera looking down at her) she'll only use in non-sexy outfits.
TN should have made it so ALL winposes apply to all outfits IMO. The more variety, the better.

Well it happened with the masked DLC outfit so it's possible.

Now I only just beat Jan Lee with a little health and with a super cinimatic attack (forgot what its called) and got the rare 3rd winpose of Lisas. No perfects in the previous rounds of battle. What triggers it? I wish I knew.

Endo Punk

I can't emphasise enough how lacking the photo mode is. You should be able to take pics on any mode not just spectator, and why the fuck can't you manipulate characters or take pics of poses!?

Galdelico

I can't emphasise enough how lacking the photo mode is. You should be able to take pics on any mode not just spectator, and why the fuck can't you manipulate characters or take pics of poses!?
Speaking of 'extras', I'd love if Team Ninja could fix these 3 things with the next patch:

- Photo Mode:
1) It doesn't make sense that you have to save a replay in order to take pics... It makes the whole process so boring. I'd like a 'take snapshot anytime you want to' option way better.
2) They have to make pictures exportable. The way it works now is totally silly and pointless: 3MB per picture and you are only able to see them with the in-game viewer? Lol.

- DLC Outfits
3) We need compatibility packs for DLC costumes... It's beyond me how they didn't think about it. It's just plain stupid if the only person who can see them in action is actually the one who bought them already. On the medium-long run it will make people stop bothering about outfits (maybe not the completists, but we are a very small minority) because it's a closed system, it doesn't promote them at all.

^I have no idea, I almsot never play lobby matches, I always get the message that they're unavailable, or there is just not enough people to play with.

Endo Punk

Speaking of 'extras', I'd love if Team Ninja could fix these 3 things with the next patch:

- Photo Mode:
1) It doesn't make sense that you have to save a replay in order to take pics... It makes the whole process so boring. I'd like a 'take snapshot anytime you want to' option way better.
2) They have to make pictures exportable. The way it works now is totally silly and pointless: 3MB per picture and you are only able to see them with the in-game viewer? Lol.

- DLC Outfits
3) We need compatibility packs for DLC costumes... It's beyond me how they didn't think about it. It's just plain stupid if the only person who can see them in action is actually the one who bought them already. On the medium-long run it will make people stop bothering about outfits (maybe not the completists, but we are a very small minority) because it's a closed system, it doesn't promote them at all.

Couldn't agree more. I hope TN are aware of this...

Dantis

*sigh*

Apparently the Tecmo community manager told the higher ups that the DLC was too expensive before it was released, and they just ignored him.

Wonderful.

Pachinko

*sigh*

Apparently the Tecmo community manager told the higher ups that the DLC was too expensive before it was released, and they just ignored him.

Wonderful.

Doesn't suprise me at all , someone just saw $$$ signs with those outfits- they probably took a week of work each from a single employee and shouldn't be worth more then a buck a piece and yet they charged what , double that price ?

alstein

Doesn't suprise me at all , someone just saw $$$ signs with those outfits- they probably took a week of work each from a single employee and shouldn't be worth more then a buck a piece and yet they charged what , double that price ?

They took more effort than the AE costumes, so I guess TN decided they should cost more.

Kinda understand the logic though it's dumb logic.

Vazra

*sigh*

Wonderful.

Hopefully the sales of the DLC are low and forces them to lower the price.

- Photo Mode:

- DLC Outfits

So very true.

There must be something im missing, blocking just doesn't, ever, want to work.

Playing arcade mode on easy because after getting fucked early stages, i try and block, and it does absolutely nothing. I'm shit and don't know how to do combos, but I'm holding the fuck out of block and its doing nothing.

I'm ready to fucking smash the shit out of my wall.

Hopefully the sales of the DLC are low and forces them to lower the price.

Do DLC prices ever get permanently lowered (on xbl)?
I would have to guess that free compatibility packs and a lower DLC price would have put more money in the pockets of TN than their current strategy has.

Mesharey

Not DLC, but I think they lowered the price for an arcade game "Hydrophobia", there might be a chance, or deal of the week at least.

Vazra

Do DLC prices ever get permanently lowered (on xbl)?
I would have to guess that free compatibility packs and a lower DLC price would have put more money in the pockets of TN than their current strategy has.

Old DLC i havent seen changes except for specials. But newer DLC hopefully ends up being cheaper.

raven777

- Photo Mode:

- DLC Outfits

As a person who has been spending most of the time on photo mode, I have to agree.

The photo mode is good that it exist, but it could use a lot of improvement.

I didn't expect GT5 level of photo mode, but I was shocked that you cannot export images to Jpg format, and the fact that you cannot rewind/fast-forward in replays. If I have to take a shot of win-pose, I will have to wait until the fight is over, which can be annoying.

The image export thing is something I wish they can patch it in the future, but I doubt they will do it.

As for the DLC outfits, has there been compatibility pack for other fighters? I remember Capcom's excuse for DLC costumes inside the game was the reason above.

Top Bottom