• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Artbook for the CE right?

CE exactly.

It does? Compared to what? :/

And you know a lot of that is going to be CG, too.
Actually they showed concept art in the latest trailer and I expect to see some of that on the arbook for each character and their ingame models. Overall it sounds nice for what it is. Also consider there is the Soundtrack, Swimsuits and poster (oh right the Premium Embossed Steel Case Packing) which adds up to the value and makes it IMO decent. Its certainly not the best CE but its far from worse.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow Artbook was short and the soundtrack was like 18 tracks and was the same price too I believe. It had a shirt and the special casing. Lacking Poster and extra ingame content.

It does? Compared to what? :/

And you know a lot of that is going to be CG, too.

I recall my Dark Souls art book being tiny. Same with the one that came with Catherine (although that wasn't a CE). I have a couple more sitting at home but they never seem larger than 20 pages.

Dantis

I recall my Dark Souls art book being tiny. Same with the one that came with Catherine (although that wasn't a CE). I have a couple more sitting at home but they never seem larger than 20 pages.

But in both of those cases, the art book isn't the 'main event'. CDs cost nothing, and the DLC is, well, DLC. That will be released later for like £3.

An even comparison would be something like Civ 5. Where the art book is 200 pages. Or Witcher 2 Dark Edition, where it's just over 230. And both of those are cheaper.

I'm still buying it, because the game looks absolutely amazo, but this is a letdown for me.

Vazra

But in both of those cases, the art book isn't the 'main event'. CDs cost nothing, and the DLC is, well, DLC. That will be released later for like £3.

An even comparison would be something like Civ 5. Where the art book is 200 pages. Or Witcher 2 Dark Edition, where it's just over 230. And both of those are cheaper.

I'm still buying it, because the game looks absolutely amazo, but this is a letdown for me.

How much did Civ. 5 and The Witcher Collectors cost?

The Witcher 2 was 100 I think (Not taking credit of its greatness btw)
Civ. 5 Probably around 70-80

Sora_N

CE exactly.

Actually they showed concept art in the latest trailer and I expect to see some of that on the arbook for each character and their ingame models. Overall it sounds nice for what it is. Also consider there is the Soundtrack, Swimsuits and poster (oh right the Premium Embossed Steel Case Packing) which adds up to the value and makes it IMO decent. Its certainly not the best CE but its far from worse.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow Artbook was short and the soundtrack was like 18 tracks and was the same price too I believe. It had a shirt and the special casing. Lacking Poster and extra ingame content.

The CV one was definitely not worth it to me. I picked up the CE for $30 later on actually. I think the T-Shirt was just a preorder bonus? I have the shirt from EB, and I never bought the game from them.

Vazra

The CV one was definitely not worth it to me. I picked up the CE for $30 later on actually. I think the T-Shirt was just a preorder bonus? I have the shirt from EB, and I never bought the game from them.

Oh right my bad that was Preorder Bonus!

zlatko

Banned
While I enjoy Tag Mode I prefer 1vs1 matches.

I feel the same way about Tekken Tag, which I know is silly since the game is called Tekken TAG. I finally started winning last night in that game, BECAUSE I just went solo Bob against people.

I feel like an asshole/scrub for playing that way though. As for DOA5 I'm all about that solo. :p

Vazra

Are the pages water resistant?

Don't know about that part.
68776_10151109565306785_1046188257_n.jpg

BTW the artbook looks a bit thick so might be good pages

LowParry

Casual and Professional modes. That's kind of odd. I wonder how that will work online. To me that seems like an option that would separate your player base.

Loona

Casual and Professional modes. That's kind of odd. I wonder how that will work online. To me that seems like an option that would separate your player base.

Maybe it just affects the camera stability and makes no difference online.

patapuf

At least for the ranked mode, i doubt you can play with casual control option.

xion4360

Waitwaitwait. You can actually fight INSIDE those train cars that go flying across the stage? :O

No thats just a cutscene. There are various scenes outside of the accessible areas of stages.

At least for the ranked mode, i doubt you can play with casual control option.

Its just options. Its like do you want hit sparks on or off, makes no difference to the other player what your settings are.

It's an important feature to include, though. People playing this competitively want to remove all the non-player-controlled elements from the stage, but I know I sure as hell want lots of helicopters and tanks and explosions when I play.

I wonder how they've implemented it. If it's something like having a casual/professional indicator on each lobby but everybody could still see all the lobbies, that'd be cool.

The danger zones can be turned off at the stage select screen. The losing player (as in the one not in win streak) gets to pick the stage.

ubercheez

It's an important feature to include, though. People playing this competitively want to remove all the non-player-controlled elements from the stage, but I know I sure as hell want lots of helicopters and tanks and explosions when I play.

I wonder how they've implemented it. If it's something like having a casual/professional indicator on each lobby but everybody could still see all the lobbies, that'd be cool.

No thats just a cutscene. There are various scenes outside of the accessible areas of stages.

Bah, that's what I figured at first but then I rewatched and heard the "Ready... fight!" bit. That'd be a hilariously random fight.

LowParry

Ehhh, the interactive things that go on with the stages are quick aside from the falling from platform parts. It just seems a little strange to have those options when the core of your game has been interactive environments. Ah well. Power to the pro I guess.

ubercheez

Its just options. Its like do you want hit sparks on or off, makes no difference to the other player what your settings are.

Hang on, that's not how I'm understanding this.

Before you start, the game asks if you want to play it in Casual or Professional. Casual is for those cinematic effects where the stages explode the terrain changes. Professional is, as the name states, more balanced where you will always be on an even terrain. I played it on Casual but you can obviously change it in the options menu.

If the stage is being deformed, I don't think that can be switched on for one player and off for his opponent.

DR2K

Banned
Pro and Casual just seperate camera control and input leniancy from what I'm hearing. They do not seperate players.

Hello gents! I'm trying to get into series that I've missed and this one has been on my list. I like to start series' main iterations from the very beginning, but would Dimensions be a good starting point or is there a better path to take to get to DoA 5?

DR2K

Banned
Hello gents! I'm trying to get into series that I've missed and this one has been on my list. I like to start series' main iterations from the very beginning, but would Dimensions be a good starting point or is there a better path to take to get to DoA 5?

Dimensions is good.

Vazra

Its decent to learn the ropes and its at a decent price now. Obviously there are some unbalanced things but it works to learn the mechanics and such and if you dont look at the competitive stuff its pretty fun. Also get all the story if you are into that stuff.

xion4360

Hang on, that's not how I'm understanding this.

If the stage is being deformed, I don't think that can be switched on for one player and off for his opponent.

He's mistaken, Casual or Pro setting doesn't affect Danger Zones, that option is always open to you on stage select screen.

Stop being silly. Even by your standards of clones, at the very least it's two very unique characters and four new stages.

DR2K has ridiculous notions that "free" content that's on-disc is still a travesty of the generation.

Personally, I have to wonder if he ever played arcades games back when shit was time locked.

They aren't all coming at once. Dr.B is definitely unique. . . would love for him to end up top tier.
Unknown has enough viable superpowered moves to make her a unique character. As for Dr. B being top tier, that would be glorious. A solo mode Dr. B mirror match in the EVO finals would be simultaneously be the the best and worst thing ever.

DR2K

Banned
DR2K has ridiculous notions that "free" content that's on-disc is still a travesty of the generation.

Personally, I have to wonder if he ever played arcades games back when shit was time locked.

No, I just think it's pointless. It makes sense for people pumping quarters into a machine. gets them to pump more in.

Traesty: SFxTK, UMVC3, Suzanne Sommors leaving Three's Company

Pointless: TTT2

Unknown has enough viable superpowered moves to make her a unique character. As for Dr. B being top tier, that would be glorious. A solo mode Dr. B mirror match in the EVO finals would be simultaneously be the the best and worst thing ever.

The b stands for banned.

Why is no one leaking shit for DOA5. Costumes, stages, tag throws, new moves, etc. . .

kyo27

Wow how big is the CE?

DOA5 is a full game download on PSN day 1 and will be full download on 360 shortly after.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...ilable-launch-xbox-360-download-coming-later/

It looks like its one of those steel tins, probably the same size as the SoulCalibur 4 collectors edition tin. Gotta say I am not a fan of those dvd case sized art books. The MK9 book for example would have benefited from being a full size book because you can't really appreciate the detail on those tiny pages. The book that came with Tekken 6 was amazing.

Top Bottom