• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

DR2K

Banned
I'd rather be surprised kinda like how I was with the unlockable items in TTT2.

The surprisng part was having to dig through 50 characters in order to find out who got what unlocked. Team Ninja better not do that.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
People complaining over no individual CG endings...

25 mins of CG movies full of nonsense over 3 hours of an actual story that makes sense. (For most of it) Seriously some people have some odd standards.

DR2K

Banned
That was some real bullshit. I ended up writing down which ghosts I beat so I knew who to check.

I ended up finding out that movies/costumes correlated with who you beat after you unlocked most of eveything for your main character.

25 mins of CG movies full of nonsense over 3 hours of an actual story that makes sense. Seriously some people have some odd standards.

I was so hoping to see Hitomi dropping all that food, or Leifang getting fondled by accident on a bus for dressing like a tramp.

Skilletor

Customization is ugly. If you customize stuff, you're ugly. If you're ugly, I don't like you.

I don't like ugly people. -_-

No, but seriously. Don't customize.

Unless you're giving Hwaorang his Gi as nature intended. Then customize. Only that, though. Then stop.

Don't be ugly.

Loona

Ehhh, the interactive things that go on with the stages are quick aside from the falling from platform parts. It just seems a little strange to have those options when the core of your game has been interactive environments. Ah well. Power to the pro I guess.

I wouldn't say stage events are as integral to the core game as the hold system, which was around from the start, while DoA1 stages could be compared with VF2 ones, only instead of ringouts, if you fell off the center square the floor would make you bounce up higher to be more easily juggled.

wingz

For UMvC3, i prefer playing with a joystiq. When it comes to Tekken, I feel better playing 360 controller. What do people prefer when playing DOA? I only ever played a few matches in past DOAs, but I'm pretty interested in how this game turns out.

DR2K

Banned
For UMvC3, i prefer playing with a joystiq. When it comes to Tekken, I feel better playing 360 controller. What do people prefer when playing DOA? I only ever played a few matches in past DOAs, but I'm pretty interested in how this game turns out.

Pad because of how input friendly it is.

patapuf

25 mins of CG movies full of nonsense over 3 hours of an actual story that makes sense. (For most of it) Seriously some people have some odd standards.

never heard we had 25 mins of CG, that sounds great!

kyo27

The surprisng part was having to dig through 50 characters in order to find out who got what unlocked. Team Ninja better not do that.

Yea that sucked trying to figure out what you unlocked, but I thought it would just be generic garbage you unlocked. They have some cool stuff like Kazuya's purple tux. Anyways DoA doesn't have that type of customization so no need to worry about that. You will be able to see everything from the character select screen.

zlatko

Banned
Pad because of how input friendly it is.

No QCF motions, SRK motions? Strictly up, down, left, right + a button combo for inputs?

I may do pad if that's the case even though the 360 pad is a sin against man for fighters...

branny

Don't be ugly.
tbh, most of the customization I did was removing as much clothing as possible from the more attractive male characters. Does that count as natural...? :p

The rest of my time was spent giving Jun gang clothing and dressing Leo up as a yellow Power Ranger.

No QCF motions, SRK motions? Strictly up, down, left, right + a button combo for inputs?

I may do pad if that's the case even though the 360 pad is a sin against man for fighters...
There are some qcf, half circle, and even 632147 motions, but they are mostly for throws.

Customization is ugly. If you customize stuff, you're ugly. If you're ugly, I don't like you.

I don't like ugly people. -_-

No, but seriously. Don't customize.

Unless you're giving Hwaorang his Gi as nature intended. Then customize. Only that, though. Then stop.

Don't be ugly.
My wife told me I was boring because I unlocked all this stuff only to just remake old alternates. I am also not a fan of customization* because most people have no artistic sense. Or they make troll costumes.

*I had to break my own rule to make that glorious Wolf Hogan custom.

LOL they pull some guy from a back alley to do this? I heard better raping on OCRemix :D
that-word-inigo-montoya-word-think-means-princess-bride-mand-demotivational-poster-1260739585.jpg

You need a second "p", good sir.

DR2K

Banned

No SRK motions, every other type of motion is in, but easier to input than most fighting games.

zlatko

Banned
tbh, most of the customization I did was removing as much clothing as possible from the more attractive male characters. Does that count as natural...? :p

The rest of my time was spent giving Jun gang clothing and dressing Leo up as a yellow Power Ranger.

There are some qcf, half circle, and even 632147 motions, but they are mostly for throws.

Sticking to my TE stick then lol.

Is Team Ninja teaming up with anyone for sticks? I am going to definitely buy one next month to replace my beat up stick, but I'm going to be kinda picky on what I get.

kyo27

My wife told me I was boring because I unlocked all this stuff only to just remake old alternates. I am also not a fan of customization* because most people have no artistic sense. Or they make troll costumes.

*I had to break my own rule to make that glorious Wolf Hogan custom.

Do you have to buy the item packs to get that Wolf custom? I normally think that most customizations look cheesy as well but I saw a video of the VF5 ones and they actually look cool.

raven777

Is there going to be any CG in the game though? Every thing we saw were real-time or same models just pre-rendered.

I personally hated the CG models of DOA4. They always felt so different from in-game models.

Vazra

Is there going to be any CG in the game though? Every thing we saw were real-time or same models just pre-rendered.

I personally hated the CG models of DOA4. They always felt so different from in-game models.

Actually a lot of the CG endings on DOA4 if you see them now are not so flattering. Hitomi and Kokoro endings comes to mind.

zlatko

Banned

I dig that stick art a lot!

I may do that and just replace the buttons with my current TE ones. Hori uses different button types right? Or was it the stick that's different? I remember me getting rid of my Hori after I got a TE since the different in "feel" for everything was just so much better for me on a TE.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
http://cdn.motinetwork.net/motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0912/that-word-inigo-montoya-word-think-means-princess-bride-mand-demotivational-poster-1260739585.jpg[IMG]
You need a second "p", good sir.[/QUOTE]

Damn it I always fuck up the double letter usage on words D:

I'm exactly the same. Stick for 2d, pad for DOA. I imagine my game might improve a bit if I switched to the stick for 5 but execution has never been an issue for these games.

Skilletor

I'm getting some DoA stick art to go on my fighting edge. :D

Rig, Hayabusa, Ayane.

I haven't seen anything from Tina I would want to put on my arcade stick, else she would replace Hayabusa.

I don't even play Hayabusa in DoA. I just like ninjas.

Shoulda just been his G costume, lol. I'd rather just have 10 really well made outfits than 1-2 with parts to make another 8. Sometimes, for the sake of a community, one must relinquish certain personal freedoms.

You're beautiful, like Tina. Not ugly, like this guy ------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuUfrY56A9U&feature=player_detailpage#t=24s

I'm getting some DoA stick art to go on my fighting edge. :D

Rig, Hayabusa, Ayane.

I haven't seen anything from Tina I would want to put on my arcade stick, else she would replace Hayabusa.

I don't even play Hayabusa in DoA. I just like ninjas.
The models in DOA5 look so good that you could get away with a screencap.

Dantis

LOL they pull some guy from a back alley to do this? I heard better rapping on OCRemix :D

The actual rap in the game is done by Lotus Juice (You'll have heard him in Mass Destruction in Persona Arena). No idea why they keep putting Chosen1's song on instead of that, but whatever.

That is downright beautiful! Absolutely love the design, the colors, Bayonetta <3. Pupi, you don't mind if I use that design for my TE do you? I am in love.

Edit: And would you happen to have the original image? Would like to make it my new desktop and phone background lol

KSai

I'll take mermaid Kasumi over their entire Story mode.

zlatko

Banned
I have no money yet to customize my Arcade Stick. :(

I got the design but no money to buy clear buttons, stick, ball and the sticker.

Eventually I'll do it I know.

Not that I'm aware of. Go for it.

Excellent. DOA5 hype train wooh wooh!

Vazra

That is downright beautiful! Absolutely love the design, the colors, Bayonetta <3. Pupi, you don't mind if I use that design for my TE do you? I am in love.

Edit: And would you happen to have the original image? Would like to make it my new desktop and phone background lol

The thing is that design is for SE. Still works? I can get ya the original image just let me look on my folders xD

http://i.minus.com/iH42lrgy1foFi.jpg There you go!

Tell me which stick you have and I'll do the work if you want.

Top Bottom