• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The new launch trailer has me hyped up... but i wonder... has there been any talk about DLC stages?

I think the stages in DOA 5 are cool... but not as diverse as the stages in DOA 4 so I hope that there's more on the way.

DLC Stages, Oufits and Music depending the support/demand on the game I believe. Characters on the other hand nothing is 100% clear since there has been interviews where they mention no unfair DLC characters to No DLC characters. So we'll see.

raven777

Watched the launch trailer.

I liked the part they did montage of the powerblow zoom. I personally love the visuals of the powerblow.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DLC Stages, Oufits and Music depending the support/demand on the game I believe. Characters on the other hand nothing is 100% clear since there has been interviews where they mention no unfair DLC characters to No DLC characters. So we'll see.

Then they need to patch Ein in. I want my double-karate no changing-styles Tag Team. ;___;

KingJ2002

That's cool with me... im not a fan of DLC characters in fighting games due to them unbalancing the game.

but new stages, music, and costumes are good enough to keep me playing.

Fruitster

DLC stages and music (and costumes of course) would be very welcome. I'd love to see the forest stage from DOA3 bought back. That stage looked gorgeous at the time. Maybe Brad Wongs theme from DOA3 too.

zlatko

Banned
Brad and Eliot seem to encounter a similar conflict:

4dLdS.jpg

Brad's outfit is super bad ass.

Vazra

DLC stages and music (and costumes of course) would be very welcome. I'd love to see the forest stage from DOA3 bought back. That stage looked gorgeous at the time. Maybe Brad Wongs theme from DOA3 too.

It would be nice to see most of the stages from 1-4 (More 2 and 3 than 4 please)

Vazra

Tecmo trollin'. ;__; I could see that totally happening. Neo Hayate.

And Bayman will get a Leon outfit for exta shit and giggles.

Has it been discussed how many outfits you can unlock for the characters on an average? 3-5 ?
Each character has around 6(Some more some less) outfits and I think all games you start with 2in the beginning so there is that hint I guess.

therapist

Lol.

Tanks and helicopters in a fighting game.

Shits crazy.

Looks pretty cool though , waiting on this release to decide if this or tekken

DR2K

Banned
Lol.

Tanks and helicopters in a fighting game.

Shits crazy.

Looks pretty cool though , waiting on this release to decide if this or tekken

If you played Tekken 6 you've already played Tekken Tag 2. It's pretty much a game for Tekken fans only.

DR2K

Banned
I wasn't really trying to be cute with Tekken Tag 2, besides the optional tag mechanic it's verbatum the same exact game as Tekken 6. If you like Tekken it's easily the best version of any Tekken game I've played.

LowParry

DOA I always thought of having a good tag mechanic. Which is what I'm hoping for it to be the more popular option online. Fighters need tag options for now on. It's just that better.

DR2K

Banned
DOA I always thought of having a good tag mechanic. Which is what I'm hoping for it to be the more popular option online. Fighters need tag options for now on. It's just that better.

Was never really a big fan of tag in DOA4, I mainly played it to see the cool tag throw animations, lol.

Vazra

Impressions from a Gamefaqs user:
- When I inserted the disc for the 1st time, DEAR GOD the Team Ninja logo animation was choppy! (the PS3 was FURIOUSLY trying to read the disc). I was skeptical about that but after installation, it seemed fine.

- Installation is not mandatory but it's recommended to do so.

- Loading isn't so bad but it's not good either. If I installed it, I would've expected faster load times. Most likely chara models during the select screen.

- Before you start, the game asks if you want to play it in Casual or Professional. Casual is for those cinematic effects where the stages explode the terrain changes. Professional is, as the name states, more balanced where you will always be on an even terrain. I played it on Casual but you can obviously change it in the options menu.

- Training is kind of confusing at first and since I'm a beginner in the DoA franchise, I would've wanted a tutorial mode, like in most fighting games these days. But instead, it was your basic command list and your positioning/actions of your dummy. If you perform all your moves during Command List Mode (perform all moves that get listed), then you unlock a title and their voice used for announcements (System voice). But overall, Tekken Tag 2 has better training options.

- Arcade was brutal on Normal. Maybe because I wasn't using the Hold commands as much (was tryin' to play like Tekken). But after gettiing used to, it wasn't so bad. There are 7 difficulties(?): Rookie, Easy, Normal, Hard, Master, Champion (and I think one more). Master and Champion are initially locked so you have to unlock by beating the other difficulties(?). If you clear Arcade with a chara, you get a costume. Play through it again and you unlock another one. I don't know how many costumes there are for each chara but so far I have 4 for Ayane and 4 for Mila.

- Story mode is where they implemented tutorial. You have bonus missions (aka earn titles) during the story match and at first, they ask you to punch 5 times, kick 5 times, do 3 high attacks, 3 mid attacks, etc. etc. I'm sure later on they'll ask you to do more complex missions. Of course you don't have to do them to go through the story so...

- The Virtua Fighters charas are not unlocked from the start. I currently don't know how to but I would assume you beat Story and you get them.

- I did get an Online Pass but have not tried out online yet. I don't know if anybody is playing at the moment. But since I have no clue on how to play DoA5 effectively, jumping online may not be the greatest of ideas.

I think he didnt checked the options of the training mode that much.

Now some Story Mode impressions from a user on FreeStepDodge.
-Story takes around 3-4 hours to beat
-It starts off with the main story right away. Then it focuses on most of the cast preparing and entering the tournament in the middle. Then it ends with the main story. It's closer to DOAD style. Almost every character is playable and they have their own chapter. More stuff happens in the Story than any previous DOA game.
-I think they did the story mode better than previous DOAs.
-They had their little silly moments but they had some pretty cool ones too
-Enjoyable overall

Dantis

If you perform all your moves during Command List Mode (perform all moves that get listed), then you unlock a title and their voice used for announcements (System voice).

Yes! Very happy about this, was concerned it would be DLC.

As a sidenote, Persona Arena DLC is glasses and system voices. Which are both free on DOA5. Just sayin'.

Top Bottom