• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

I really hope they do a DLC bundle deal, only reason I'm holding out.
And just to clarify, you can DLC all the bikinis?

You can DLC all of the Collectors Edition bikini's. Tina, Lisas and Christies "rare" ones, you still have to earn.
If TN ever make a complete DLC costume pack, you may need to mortgage your house, to buy it :)

TV capture card, HD recorder or even a decent digital camera. If you have a 360, you can save the photo files onto a usb flash drive and use a photo converter to view them as jpegs. Dont have a link to the converter. Just do a Google search. Dont think there is an option for this on PS3 though. Im not sure what the reasoning was for TN to make it so difficult for people to share photos.
Good photos can be hard to get though. Mainly due to clipping and limbs and bodies twisting in bizarre directions. That part requires patience.

I'm on the ps3 so the it'll be expensive to get pictures out of it. :( Hope TN fixes this in a patch, you can access your pictures on the xmb with games that have a photo mode(wipeout, gt5)

Just played Tag for about 2 hours against the same guy. He was playing very defensively and really forced me to watch my spacing. Im not used to these mind games, spending so much time fighting the AI :)

Hitomi swimsuit > Mila

Its close. I prefer Mila. I dont really like Hitomi's hair. Its too 1950's good-girl for me :/
I also think Hitomi would look better in a darker colored bikini.

HitomiBikini10.jpg
HitomiBikini15.jpg

HitomiBikini18.jpg
HitomiBikini21.jpg

HitomiBikini16.jpg
HitomiBikini19.jpg

HitomiBikini20.jpg
HitomiBikini37.jpg

HitomiBikini26.jpg
HitomiBikini31.jpg

HitomiBikini29.jpg
HitomiBikini40.jpg

HitomiBikini27.jpg
HitomiBikini38.jpg

HitomiBikini30.jpg
HitomiBikini25.jpg

HitomiBikini35.jpg
Hitomibik4.jpg

Persona86

Banned
Its close. I prefer Mila. I dont really like Hitomi's hair. Its too 1950's good-girl for me :/
I also think Hitomi would look better in a darker colored bikini.
I've never been too keen on fringes like that on girls, I don't know why, maybe because it covers their face too much, especially if they cover the eyebrows, eyebrows really shape someones face.

It's easier than her knee, once she hits the first punch hit the button again.

I seem to have an easier time with the knee. Must be because of the longer break between attacks.
My understanding of Milas ground game is, the player who hits their input (to attack or grapple break) closer to the text that appears on screen, gets priority.
If both players hit the input in the same frame, who gets priority? Mila or the grounded opponent? Also, is it correct, Milas ground game inputs cannot be mashed? They have to be well timed? Anyone know?

Mesharey

I seem to have an easier time with the knee. Must be because of the longer break between attacks.
My understanding of Milas ground game is, the player who hits their input (to attack or grapple break) closer to the text that appears on screen, gets priority.
If both players hit the input in the same frame, who gets priority? Mila or the grounded opponent? Also, is it correct, Milas ground game inputs cannot be mashed? They have to be well timed? Anyone know?
I'm not really sure, so anyone can confirm/deny what I'm going to say. :p
Mila gets priority if both hit at the same time, and you can't mash it, you have to press at the correct time.

I really need new costumes, I have the CE so I didn't get something new last week. :/

Reached rank A today.

xXJonoXx

Hey guys, I am looking to pick this game up today during Black Friday for $30 but I can't decide which console to get it for. My preferred platform is PS3, but I mainly just want to take pictures in photo mode and play Story. I don't care at all about online (I only have an Xbox Silver account) competitive play. I hear the photo mode is gimped on PS3 though, not being able to take high res shots off the system. I just wanted to confirm that it's possible/easy to take photos and retrieve them for editing on Xbox at full resolution. Also, is all of the DLC available on Xbox? Mainly interested in the CE swimsuits. Thanks.

DR2K

Banned
Hey guys, I am looking to pick this game up today during Black Friday for $30 but I can't decide which console to get it for. My preferred platform is PS3, but I mainly just want to take pictures in photo mode and play Story. I don't care at all about online (I only have an Xbox Silver account) competitive play. I hear the photo mode is gimped on PS3 though, not being able to take high res shots off the system. I just wanted to confirm that it's possible/easy to take photos and retrieve them for editing on Xbox at full resolution. Also, is all of the DLC available on Xbox? Mainly interested in the CE swimsuits. Thanks.

360 for photo taking. Very easy to retrieve.

All DLC is available for both systems.

louie

Just found an amazing eliot wall reset thingy. You have one chance to guess your way out of it, otherwise I'm doing upwards of 200 points of damage.

Persona86

Banned
OK I just found out that some of these costume packs are £10 on PSN!!! That's crazy, I thought they would be like £1 or something, oh how innocent I was! :(

Still don't have the game yet haha...... :(

OK I just found out that some of these costume packs are £10 on PSN!!! That's crazy, I thought they would be like £1 or something, oh how innocent I was! :(

Still don't have the game yet haha...... :(

They are overpriced, for sure. Its about $8.00 (AUD) a pack here in Aus. I'll likely continue to fork out for the sexy ones though :/

Back. Still playing it and kicking butt locally. (not playing much online lately)

Welcome back. Why were you banned? Did you venture into a political thread?

Persona86

Banned
They are overpriced, for sure. Its about $8.00 (AUD) a pack here in Aus. I'll likely continue to fork out for the sexy ones though :/
The normal packs are like £3 something, and then there are multipacks that are around £10, still kind of expensive. But an excellent way for them to make money. :)

The normal packs are like £3 something, and then there are multipacks that are around £10, still kind of expensive. But an excellent way for them to make money. :)

Yeah. Definitely a good way for them to make money.
I'd love to see the sales figures on the DLC so I could tell what type sold the best.

Dead

well not really...yet
Went to buy a copy for $30 at Gamestop today, and they were doing a 40% off sale collectors editions, they had a single copy of the CE for PS3. yay :3

Went to buy a copy for $30 at Gamestop today, and they were doing a 40% off sale collectors editions, they had a single copy of the CE for PS3. yay :3

I paid $80 for the regular version of DoA5, here in Aus. Its not fair :(

Finally got the Xbox USB to PC conversion going, here are some of my shots of Mila!

Cool. If you have Lisas black or yellow DLC dresses, could you do some of those?

DR2K

Banned

I probably wouldn't open it, since it can pay for itself and thensome at the moment.

Nice. The mango color is really good on that suit. I'd like to have this outfit, but its just too expensive :/

This isn't in the recent swimsuit DLC?

Edit: Finally checked out all the DLC on the official DoA5 page to get a better overview. I wish they just sold single outfits really cheap. You have to end up buying packs of outfits I don't care about.

I thought there was DLC coming out this month? We're almost at the end of Nov and theres been no word yet.
I havent even played DoA for a few days. Black Ops 2 is frustrating and addictive :)

I'm having a lot of trouble getting Kokoro's power blow to work. My life is low and flashing red and the menu says its DF+hold p+k...its rarely working for me.

Some guys at Gamefaqs posted these images and descriptions about the "new" DLC outfits.

qzmor.jpg

j2j19.jpg

uat5w.jpg

from nonomm79

1.Helena gets a white version of leifangs leather black dress
2. mila gets a brand new biker themed costume
3. lei gets a blue version of hitomi and mila's waitress costume
4. christie gets her DOA4 stripper costume (no skirt)
5. jann gets some all black tunic thingy
6. tina gets a costume that's vaguely similar to lisa's laboratory costume
7. new costume for genfu
8. black version of kasumi's bunny swimsuit
9. and some other costumes ....
from AlphaPatroklos

Another lazy fucking effort? Seems like it.
I heard some talk about DLC being free for persons of Japanese origin. Not sure about the rest of us.
400 MSP for Lei Fangs re-colored dress on Helena and a black rabbit suit for Kasumi? lol. GTFO TN

DR2K

Banned
I want all those costumes. . . Helena's white outfit. soooo goood. Mila as Bass = genuis. Christie's DOA4 costume is amazing.

Glad to see Genfu and Jann getting new costumes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hopefully an alive one and not a dead one :p

You mean we can't be... *puts on the sunglasses* ... Dead or Alive?

Those new outfits are okay, I guess but charging for a bunch of ports of previously free/in-box outfits doesn't sit too well with me. That plus the price of some of them. Reason why I haven't bought them compared to VF5 where there may be recolors but there's a bunch of shit that you can use to make new "outfits" for the fighters there.

Top Bottom