• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Mesharey

There will be a tournament in my country !
We rarely do tournaments in Kuwait, and it's the first time for a DOA title to be one of the games.
They will bring Kayane and maybe other players, last time Ryan Hart, Justin Wong and other professional players were here.

It could be in February, I'm excited. :D

I'll try and do this later today. Have you seen my Lisa pics on the last page? Any there you fancy the style of?

That's the quality they come out on mind you, 1280*720 and around 200KB quality.

Edit: Fuck, I don't have that dress. Thought you meant the yellow swimsuit :/ (It's got the same crack at the back though, if you want that :p)

Yeah your pics are awesome, I already saved all of them. Sure I'd love a shot of her crack in her bikini =)

Skilletor

-[D-YS] I've finally had a chance to check out a few of the tweaks, so here are a few bits of info about the next patch.

-[D-YS] First, it looks like we can clear up the huge lag that happened on some stages for online fights.

-[D-YS] Now you should be able to fight without worrying about what stage you're on.

-[D-YS] Next, you'll be able to view opponent information before the start of a ranked match.

-[D-YS] You'll see their name, connection speed, grade, etc. all before you actually accept the fight

-[D-YS] And good news for IPL, NEC, Season's Beatings, DID and all the other tournaments out there! We're adding an Exhibition Mode!

-[D-YS] You can unlock all the characters, (almost) all costumes, and all stages for offline versus matches

-[D-YS] There's still more in the works, but I'm only gonna talk about what I've actually seen myself. So stay tuned for more updates!

http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...next-upcoming-patch-for-dead-or-alive-5.2090/

I would be so happy if I could unlock costumes in vs. I have only unlocked 6 or 7 outfits, haha.

Skilletor

I'm more interested in character/system changes. Supposed to be in this patch.

I'm kind of scared about what they'll change. But it would be nice to give me a reason to play this game again.

I do keep buying the DLC though.

Tina's new outfit <3.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...next-upcoming-patch-for-dead-or-alive-5.2090/

I would be so happy if I could unlock costumes in vs. I have only unlocked 6 or 7 outfits, haha.

Wait, they're unlocking Alpha in offline versus and giving all the outfits out that way?

Based Ninja, guess the achievement will be for unlocking them for online purposes but fuck that, I'm happy with just being able to USE them offline without having to title grind or Legendary Sweat for it.

-[D-YS] I've finally had a chance to check out a few of the tweaks, so here are a few bits of info about the next patch.

-[D-YS] First, it looks like we can clear up the huge lag that happened on some stages for online fights.

-[D-YS] Now you should be able to fight without worrying about what stage you're on.

-[D-YS] Next, you'll be able to view opponent information before the start of a ranked match.

-[D-YS] You'll see their name, connection speed, grade, etc. all before you actually accept the fight

-[D-YS] And good news for IPL, NEC, Season's Beatings, DID and all the other tournaments out there! We're adding an Exhibition Mode!

-[D-YS] You can unlock all the characters, (almost) all costumes, and all stages for offline versus matches

-[D-YS] There's still more in the works, but I'm only gonna talk about what I've actually seen myself. So stay tuned for more updates!

What we want!

Endo Punk

Bought the swimsuit DLC and I think it may well be my last. I wish you could just purchase costumes individually as well, the latest pack has a lot that I like but half are just nothing special. Convenient that each costume pack comes with 2 good and 2 bad.

I'm confused. You'll be able to unlock all the characters/costumes in offline VS? Are they only usable in that mode?

Characters are unlocked through story mode and getting a certain number of titles, the hardest being Alpha because you need 300 for her. For costumes just play through arcade, time attack and survival. You'll need to play on different difficulty settings and not repeat with the same character. And err good luck with Lisa's swimsuit.

Squire

Banned
Characters are unlocked through story mode and getting a certain number of titles, the hardest being Alpha because you need 300 for her. For costumes just play through arcade, time attack and survival. You'll need to play on different difficulty settings and not repeat with the same character. And err good luck with Lisa's swimsuit.

Well, I know all that. I'm wondering what it is about the unlocking process that the patch changes. Also, you're back!

Mesharey

There's something strange happened to me in rank matches, after the match I won 450 points but when I go to the main menu it shows that I lost -90.
It happened twice, the other one was -400. :/

Endo Punk

Well, I know all that. I'm wondering what it is about the unlocking process that the patch changes. Also, you're back!

The last patch didn't change anything about the unlocking process. If you're talking about the next patch I'm not sure tbh, and why exactly would they do that? Oh wait, I guess Lisa's epic swimsuit was just too out of reach lol.

I'm back indeed :D

Well, being bored of Black Ops 2 and disappointed with the latest costume DLC, I decided to take some Lei Fang shots.
I always overlooked her in the past, but her bikini has made me realize, she actually looks pretty good :)

LeiFangBik52.jpg
LeiFangBik57.jpg

LeiFangBik54.jpg
LeiFangBik53.jpg

LeiFangBik61.jpg
LeiFangBik55.jpg

LeiFangBik6.jpg
LeiFangBik36.jpg

LeiFangBik7.jpg
LeiFangBik56.jpg

LeiFangBik24.jpg
LeiFangBik47.jpg

LeiFangBik9.jpg
LeiFangBik32.jpg

LeiFangBik14.jpg
LeiFangBik39.jpg

LeiFangBik17.jpg
LeiFangBik20.jpg

LeiFangBik5.jpg
LeiFangBik1.jpg

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Wait... This game has no 'attract mode'? That has to be a first for fighters...

Can anyone who watched IGN's livestream verify this?

Original Post
It was announced during the IPL capcom fighters stream that DOA5 would have a big presance next year at IPL and that DOA5 plus will be coming to the Vita by this point you can not argue that the vita is the best portable for fighters with the only fighting game missing being a street fighter 4 game.

as of posting this you will not see any news stories on this it was just mentioned on a stream

raven777

Anyone who bought console version buying the Vita version?

I will probably buy the Vita version as well unless it comes out real poorly.

Definetly getting the Vita version day 1. I own the CE on PS3 but I'll happily support it on the Vita.

I hope it includes all the costume packs.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I bought DoA on 360 and ps3.

Definitely buying it on vita.

Same here. Really excited about the announcement, too- I hope Namco ports TTT2 and/or SCV to Vita as well.

Also REALLY hope that Team Ninja is smart and adds cross-play with the PS3.

Lei Fang's bikini is too good. I like her nail polish alot too, its a nice touch from the rest of the ladies. Yay for vita version, easy screenshots for all to take now(hopefully)

Neiteio

Lei Fang's bikini is too good. I like her nail polish alot too, its a nice touch from the rest of the ladies. Yay for vita version, easy screenshots for all to take now(hopefully)
Wait, what color is her toenail polish? Also, I hate the high heels, let them go barefoot, dammit. :mad:

Neiteio

She's got this awesome polish with stripes.

Barefoot would have been great. It should be an option like glasses/no glasses etc.
Wow, that looks really neat. :) And I'm seriously amazed how great the faces look, and the way their bodies are lit, with a sheen of sweat and grime.

Loona

Any of the folks here able to export screenshots has the new Mila DLC outfit?
I keep thinking it'd be cool to see a screenshot of her team throw with Bass where she does the same arm gesture as him while sitting on his shoulders, while wearing matching outfits.

Any of the folks here able to export screenshots has the new Mila DLC outfit?
I keep thinking it'd be cool to see a screenshot of her team throw with Bass where she does the same arm gesture as him while sitting on his shoulders, while wearing matching outfits.

If Kasumi and Zac's outfits were'nt just pallet-swaps of what they already have, I probably would have bought this pack.
Christies outfit looks so good and I guess I could have done some Mila pics too.

louie

So I just discovered this, and I'm not sure if it's well known because I've never seen it talked about, but did everyone know that if your opponent blocks an attack that gives you lots of advantage (for example, a powerblow or Gen fu's 214p (fully charged)) that the number of hits required to get a CB reduces by 1 - meaning that the entire cast can CB in 3 hits. Furthermore, because they're blocking an attack that does 17+ or so it usually means that you can get a guaranteed hit afterwards, in a sense bringing the actual number of hits required to 2... OR if you're someone like Gen Fu and have a 2-hit true combo string then the number becomes 1.

- To repeat that last statement, block Gen's fully charged 214p or powerblow and you are 1 hit away from be critical burst and powerblown - guaranteed.

So to give an example an application - If the opponent blocks Eliot's fully charged 4H+K, he then gets a free 3k. To CB from here he could do 7p, and then CB with 1P+K. Simple.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Interesting, you got combos for all the characters 3-hit CB's?

Top Bottom