• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

why? what gif was quoted?

Some real life side-boob. No nipple or anything though. Maybe he got banned for something else? He's the OT creator though :/

Dude, I just want to say.... you're by far my favorite poster after that God damn green T-Rex.

Green T-Rex? Ok. thanks :) Heres some left over Mila's I did the other day.
Helena kicking Mila in the eye, looks quite painful.

ALBUMML14K1533006028089.jpg
ALBUMML14K0215006028144.jpg

ALBUMML14K5406006028131.jpg
ALBUMML14J5847006028144.jpg

ALBUMML14J3656006028096.jpg
ALBUMML14K3645006028092.jpg

ALBUMML14K3403006028144.jpg
ALBUMML14K2352006028112.jpg

ALBUMML14J2721006028144.jpg
ALBUMML14I4542006028067.jpg

ALBUMML14I4422006028144.jpg
ALBUMML14I3531006028094.jpg

ALBUMML14I4043006028144.jpg
ALBUMML14I5833006028144.jpg

Mesharey

Mila looks good, now Team NINJA needs to create Arabian/middle-east character, she will look amazing with their skills. :)

Pupi will be missed. T_T

Is there a trick to landing Milas ground/tackle punches?
Opponents seem to break free from them every time. Seems her ground hold is a much safer bet.

I decided to have a look at the manual yesterday (really impressed that they included one... in colour no less!) and realised my mistake. Once I get hit I can't do anything except Hold. Doh!

Managed to make it through to "True Fighter" (is that the name? either way, it's the one before "Legend") difficulty on Arcade using Christie.

Took me 30mins to get past the first fight, and the second was Akira who absolutely destroyed me on such a consistent basis that I gave up.

I just can't get the timing right for the holds. Best I did was winning one round at the most. Once I got into the swing of things with using holds against some of his moves, I'd manage to get his health down real low (like, one hit away from victory) but he always managed to pull some bullshit move out of his arse.

This was all at 2am, so I'm still kinda impressed that I managed to make any progress at all. It really is turning into a memory matching game when it comes to holds though... which I'm shit at. Trying to recognise certain hits and trying to remember if the next one is high/mid/low or if it's a punch or a kick, etc.

I'll get there in the end, but it is currently a total bastard, lol.

I'm actually thinking about going for the rare swimsuits, but not sure if I have the patience and I have a high tolerance of video game pain.

Is there a trick to landing Milas ground/tackle punches?
Opponents seem to break free from them every time. Seems her ground hold is a much safer bet.

Ok, so it wasn't just me. I cannot ground and pound anyone with her takedown either. They always break free. Might be for the computer AI only which would sort of defeat the purpose of that move.

xion4360

The last patch (I think) improved the graphics a bit. The hair is softer and more fluid, animates better and a lot of the clothing as well, like lots of smaller strings and bows, gen fu's DLC outfit and Lei Fang's dresses.
Im probably the only one to have noticed.

Its a pity tag matches aren't as popular as MvC3.
I also wish ALL stages were available for tag. I dont care if it looks dumb, seeing your team mate tag in through a wall or whatever.

Loona

Its a pity tag matches aren't as popular as MvC3.
I also wish ALL stages were available for tag. I dont care if it looks dumb, seeing your team mate tag in through a wall or whatever.

I hadn't noticed this was an issue yet, I figured in those with less typical landmarks like ring ropes to jump over they'd just drop from the sky or something.

In the story mode final boss fight against Alpha-152 her transforamtions seem to use the tag mechanic with some effects around it and partial invisibility to conceal it, using similar trickery could be acceptable when stages got too hard to work with IMO...

Mesharey

I had a bit of a play with her today. I dont use her usually.
4pp, pp, CB or 4pp, 3kp, CB. Timing is strict on the second one.
Thanks, I know how to use her CB in training or easy AI, I want to use the CB in a real match but it seems it's hard with Hitomi.
The only good option I think of is 66KK, P+K, CB attack. :/

Loona

While looking for pics of those outfits - none there yet, where did that info about Christmas ones come from? - I found this:

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/summit/index.html

Apparently they've picked a few players from accross the world to give feedback on some gameplay issues, and results should be revealed soon. It's kinda surprising to see that the US gets more than twice of the representatives that Japan does, I'm used to Japanese developers keeping that sort of thing mostly local.

Maybe they'll let us grab the opponent if we hit them with a Critical Burst?
Damage would be scaled accordingly, of course.
Kinda like in SF4, where you can grab your opponent, after hitting them with a Focus attack.

I finally get a few good games with a local player and then random lag comes in and ruins it for me :mad:
I have Black Ops 2 ready to go. I just have to decide whether to break up with ME3's multiplayer or DoA5. Not enough room in my life for 3 simultaneous games.

Skilletor

Maybe they'll let us grab the opponent if we hit them with a Critical Burst?
Damage would be scaled accordingly, of course.
Kinda like in SF4, where you can grab your opponent, after hitting them with a Focus attack.

I don't see the usefulness in that. Critical burst is guaranteed attack, no need to be able to throw.

I'm hoping for more characters to get sit down stuns, for low holds to have more recovery, for low holds to be hit by high attacks, for more normal hit launchers, for more natural combos, for hi counter stuns to not be able to be countered from (on the first hit of the stun), for all non-high counter throws to be escapable, for less tracking on strings to that the sidestep is actually useful, for more recovery on holds.

I don't see the usefulness in that. Critical burst is guaranteed attack, no need to be able to throw.

I'm hoping for more characters to get sit down stuns, for low holds to have more recovery, for low holds to be hit by high attacks, for more normal hit launchers, for more natural combos, for hi counter stuns to not be able to be countered from (on the first hit of the stun), for all non-high counter throws to be escapable, for less tracking on strings to that the sidestep is actually useful, for more recovery on holds.

so you're hoping for them to patch in a good fighting game?

I'd like to see it, mainly for cosmetic reasons. Certain throw animations look really cool and it can be fun to win in style.
I guess it could have strategic advantages, like if a player wanted to use a throw to get better position or something. As long as its not OP, it cant hurt to have the option IMO.

Squire

Banned
I don't really wanna mess with converters and stuff myself, but I look looking at the screenshots people are taking. Anybody know a site/forum thread where people are just throwing up their screens?

I don't really wanna mess with converters and stuff myself, but I look looking at the screenshots people are taking. Anybody know a site/forum thread where people are just throwing up their screens?

Love looking? I dont know any sites that have dedicated galleries, unfortunately.
I did see some pics from some Gamefaqs users. They were mainly close ups of crotches and feet(?) though. lol

Must be something else, the GIF I posted was related to beach volleyball and had sideboob, nothing worse than all the DOA images posted in this thread.

Yeah. I didnt think it was a big deal either.

Great pix, probably asked a billion times but how are you able to get them?

TV capture card, HD recorder or even a decent digital camera. If you have a 360, you can save the photo files onto a usb flash drive and use a photo converter to view them as jpegs. Dont have a link to the converter. Just do a Google search. Dont think there is an option for this on PS3 though. Im not sure what the reasoning was for TN to make it so difficult for people to share photos.
Good photos can be hard to get though. Mainly due to clipping and limbs and bodies twisting in bizarre directions. That part requires patience.

Top Bottom