• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

It doesn't help that "can't join server" is common.

Got my 1000, so the online can die and I'll put some serious online time into DOA5 plus before that one dies as well. :(
At least you'll have me - once that game comes out I'm not playing anything else for months. Though I could never figure out how to invite people for games in DOA5.

All-Stars makes it so dead simple. Invite menu opens up Friend List within the game, choose your friend, set your match rules, done.

Skilletor

I'll probably play more DoA5+ than DoA5 just because I have lower standards for handhelds and I'll be less likely to get annoyed at the subpar online.

Skilletor

Lol we'll see.

I don't need to see. :p

I played more dimensions than DoA5, more UMvC3 on Vita than console, more BB, more MK.

Although, it must be said, the netcode in both Mahvel and BB is super solid on Vita.

I'm hoping the patch fixes the console online. I would love to play.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't need to see. :p

I played more dimensions than DoA5, more UMvC3 on Vita than console, more BB, more MK.

Although, it must be said, the netcode in both Mahvel and BB is super solid on Vita.

I'm hoping the patch fixes the console online. I would love to play.

God Yes. If it were better I would probably still play online. Playing VS CPU only its not cool.

Dantis

That'd be sweet, but I have this theory:

I think girls in Santa costumes are sexy, I'm not the only one who feels this way (by a long shot) and TN needs $$$.

But it is the season of giving. That counts for something.

You are almost definitely right. I still think it'd be neat though.

Dimensions was dead online from Day 1. I only managed to get 100 matches in before I got sick of waiting around.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I hope this isn't the end of new costumes. Even with how expensive they are it is still nice to have the option.

*Not enough Ayane*

Juken

What makes the online so bad? I was gonna get the game within the next few weeks and was really excited for it. Was hoping to be playing online regularly for at least half a year.

I mean, I can still get matches in Dimensions any time I try.

Skilletor

What makes the online so bad? I was gonna get the game within the next few weeks and was really excited for it. Was hoping to be playing online regularly for at least half a year.

I mean, I can still get matches in Dimensions any time I try.

Constant input delay even on good connections that make it difficult to block, punish, counter when you want.

There are times when I'll intend to counter something, know I've put the command in in time, but I'll get hit and then my counter will come out immediately after I've been attacked, which just leads to getting punished.

It's just bad. It's the worst netcode in any of the major fighting game franchise releases.

raven777

002.jpg

need this as DLC costume.

If those pillow covers were door posters I'd be all over Lei Fang. Technically, you could just pin the covers to a door but the prices on these covers are too high for me to justify a purchase. I wonder if they will eventually make Helena and Lisa covers.

Squire

Banned
Looks like at least one more pack is coming, too! Interesting. I notice Kasumi's bikini in that art above isn't in the game, so that must be one.

Endo Punk

This pack is the laziest one yet. I was really hoping not all the costumes would be Christmas themed. Sigh, haven't even played the game for weeks. Still love it but I've done pretty much everything. If anyone wants to fight I'm still game.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, that video quality is shit and the background laughing is moronic.

The Vita port looks good so far though. Might get it from PSN since I already have the 360 version on disc and I'll have a bigger Vita card by then.

This pack is the laziest one yet. I was really hoping not all the costumes would be Christmas themed. Sigh, haven't even played the game for weeks. Still love it but I've done pretty much everything. If anyone wants to fight I'm still game.

Personally, I was hoping for something a little less clichéd and with more sex appeal.
Behold...
Note: I have not had any formal Photoshop training.

Bayman is an homage to the ultimate bad ass of cinematic history -- Arnold Schwarzenegger, and it's only fitting you give him his ultimate bad ass DLC costume!

sEAGZ.jpg

I want to beat people up people Red Heat style!
I would start playing this again if Bayman got this costume. (Or if the developers made any effort at all to make some beefcake costumes for the dudes instead of rehashes.)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is online really starting to die down?

I still want this game for some reason.

dreamfall

Christmas Tina- so pretty! Really happy about these Holiday costumes- a nice throwback, and right in time for the Holidays!

Now just give us DOA5+ soon!

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
You beat all 4 difficulties in less than 24 hours?
Pretty quick.

Yeah, I beat up to True Fighter before going to bed one night and game came back home and beat the next two before dinner time. I'd say I got lucky for the most part. True Fighter gave me the most trouble, continued that like 10 times. Cleared Master on my second try and Legend on my first. Had a sliver of life against Lisa, was shaking so much after I won lol.

Just looked again on the official fb page and saw this post looks like there will be another pack for the other characters next week.

Tecmo said:
Today Team NINJA released the first batch of Santa suit downloadable content packs for DEAD OR ALIVE 5, the new generation of DEAD OR ALIVE combat now available at retailers worldwide on the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The initial packs are available now for download via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360, with the rest coming next week on the PlayStation®Store and XBLM. Each pack includes a special selection of DOA’s fearless fighters in their festive finest – or you can own them all with a handful of collection packs for the gamer who craves the perfect stocking stuffer!

I have heard talk of a "Reverse Bunny" pack which is basically, the existing bunny outfits for the girls, just in whatever color they dont currently have (black or white).
Apparently, it leaked early on EU XBL.
If this is true, its surely a new low for DoA5 DLC.

DR2K

Banned
I have heard talk of a "Reverse Bunny" pack which is basically, the existing bunny outfits for the girls, just in whatever color they dont currently have (black or white).

Yeah even I'm not buying that. . . white Helena bunny suit. . . . NO fuck you team ninja!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Well, that's lazy. :/

And those Santa outfits will probably be $$$$$$$$. Fuck off with that, Team Ninja. Where is your holiday spirit?

Top Bottom