• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Galdelico

Well, that's lazy. :/

And those Santa outfits will probably be $$$$$$$$. Fuck off with that, Team Ninja. Where is your holiday spirit?
I'd be surprised if they had any. :D
And aside from a few great outfits, I would say TN si greatly missing the opportunity with DoA5's DLCs: I don't see this thing changing in the slightest for the future.

Skilletor

That looks amazing.

NG2 and DoA in the same month is going to be awwwwwwwwwwwsome.

I would totally buy them digitally, but I have no room on my card. :(

I really wish Sony would make it so that I can swap cards without everything resetting position.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Character models looks worse lighting and shading wise and less detailed in general, but it still looks great.

Character models aren't really "worse" they're just downgraded in a couple of polygons. Still looks pretty good but if you look at the close-up zoom of Hitomi's "My fists are on fire" animation in the character selection you can tell she has a few less polygons for her nose compared to the PS360 version.

Still, pretty damn impressive and if they're using a Sony supplied tech, they need to get other developers on board with using that.

TheSeks

Hitomi exercise #92: Kazkeri

H+P

#94 forgetting the name:

7HK

Who is going to use those at times? D:

Mesharey

Hitomi exercise #92: Kazkeri

H+P

#94 forgetting the name:

7HK

Who is going to use those at times? D:
I use both, and these moves are very important to me.
Kazkeri is good for spacing, 7HK is good against low wake-up kick to start a combo.

This is the final for the official tournament in Japan :
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/match/fin21a.html
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/match/fin21b.html
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/match/fin21c.html

More information here :
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/japan-doa-tournament-results.2183/

His Sarah is amazing.

TheSeks

Shame Sarah, Akira, and Pai aren't going to be in DOA5+ apparently. Which means they'll probably soon be not tournament legal?

TheSeks

They wouldn't base tourney standard on a version most competitive people won't play.

Well, yes, and no. But the thing is: If you use that version to "practice" the game you can't play those three characters. So what good is it to include them in tournaments if the player base can't practice them in another version of the same game?

Skilletor

Well, yes, and no. But the thing is: If you use that version to "practice" the game you can't play those three characters. So what good is it to include them in tournaments if the player base can't practice them in another version of the same game?

The Vita version isn't going to be played at tourneys. :)

What good is it basing tournaments off of a version few people are going to play? It's a niche of a niche. It's not going to matter what is added in the Vita version. The ps3/360 are the standard. If you use that version to practice, the logic will be that you should be practicing on the system you'll be playing at tournaments.

Like, what if they added Ein and Leon and took out the VF characters? What are you going to do at a ps3/360 tournament if you use Ein?

TheSeks

Like, what if they added Ein and Leon and took out the VF characters? What are you going to do at a ps3/360 tournament if you use Ein?

Exactly why there has to be something said about the status of the VF characters for future tournaments, vice-versa if they added Ein/Leon (and added them to the PS3 verison)

IIRC Nicole/Spartan-447 wasn't able to be used in Tournaments, so it's a little weird the VF guest characters are allowed.

Skilletor

Exactly why there has to be something said about the status of the VF characters for future tournaments, vice-versa if they added Ein/Leon (and added them to the PS3 verison)

IIRC Nicole/Spartan-447 wasn't able to be used in Tournaments, so it's a little weird the VF guest characters are allowed.

I don't remember any tournaments she was banned in.

The rules from an old DoA post by Sorwah:

Game: Dead or Alive 4
Version: 4.1 (Currently the most recent version)
Tournament Format: Double Elimination
Life Meter: Normal
Time: 60 seconds.
Rounds Per Match: 3
Dangerzones: On*
Stages: Random Select
Banned Stages: Experimental Playground (Dinosaur Level)**
Matches per Set:
-- Winner's Finals: Best 3 out of 5.
-- Loser's Finals: Best 3 out of 5.
-- Grand Finals: Best 4 out of 7.
-- Everything Else: Best 2 out of 3.

This could be out of date, though. I just don't remember her being banned.

Why is it weird VF characters are allowed? Starkiller and co weren't banned in SC4. Neither is Ezio.

It's not weird at all. The Vita version will not be relevant to tourney-goers. Therefore it should have no sway on who can or cannot be used in tournaments played on consoles. All that needs to be said is that, if you plan on playing in tournaments on consoles, be prepared to play against all characters available on consoles. What you cannot do is suddenly say I can't use Akira just because some people might buy the game several months down the road on the Vita.

Speaking of VF characters, I guess there was a tourney in Japan and some dude named Mochi won using Sarah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SF9HenNV3M0

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/japan-doa-tournament-results.2183/

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ot2012_6.html

LOL

OMG

FOUR KNEES IN ONE COMBO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYr4nhbHJNw&feature=player_embedded

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! SICK!

No Christmas costumes for the rest of the cast? Did they really botch the pack like the site says? I want Christmas Lisa damnit!

eJrab.jpg

I wanted Christmas Mila, I was left disappointed :(

FI7kR.jpg

More here.

Source.

Squire

Banned
The official site has another box for new screenshots, so something else is coming. First actual media of the Vita port, I'm guessing. They didn't update the DLC page except for the stuff from yesterday, so I think console DLC is over.

raven777

I posted on vita version thread as erll, buy yea

Some info on vita version that intersting

You can do coss-play with ps3.

Also able to share saves and dlc with ps3 as well

You can also do custom soundtrack

With crossplay, hopefully it'll be all available through DLC.

I cant help but be a little scared at what TN would want to charge us for a new fighting stage.
Considering a pack of 4 outfits is 400MSP here in Aus, TN will probably want $15 or $20 for a new stage. As expensive as a CoD map pack! :O

Mesharey

More information :
http://shoryuken.com/2012/12/20/tou...in-dead-or-alive-5-plus-for-playstation-vita/

The first production run of the Vita version will include a code to download cheerleader outfits for Kasumi, Ayane and Tina.

CE:

- Download code for 12 Paradise Sexy costumes
- Download code for an “Extreme Private Gravure” movie
- “I’m a fighter” custom skin
- Beginners guide with gravure
“DEAD OR ALIVE 5″ Original Soundtrack vol.2

I want a digital CE. :p

TheSeks

More information :
http://shoryuken.com/2012/12/20/tou...in-dead-or-alive-5-plus-for-playstation-vita/

The first production run of the Vita version will include a code to download cheerleader outfits for Kasumi, Ayane and Tina.

CE:

- Download code for 12 Paradise Sexy costumes
- Download code for an “Extreme Private Gravure” movie
- “I’m a fighter” custom skin
- Beginners guide with gravure
“DEAD OR ALIVE 5″ Original Soundtrack vol.2

I want a digital CE. :p

This. They need to announce what they're doing for the PSN day one buyers, otherwise I'll buy retail, sell the game and get it on PSN after redeeming the codes for the outfits.

DR2K

Banned
I'm sure the beach stage will be free on consoles via update and all content will be cross compatible. Sucks for 360 owners who bought DLC. . .

stn

Ok, having issues with Jann Lee's move (B, F + K). His dragon kick keeps coming out for some reason. I could perform the move 200 times in a row in DOA 4, here I'm having issues for some reason. Is it a glitch?

And no, I'm definitely no novice at fighting games. Thanks.

Skilletor

Ok, having issues with Jann Lee's move (B, F + K). His dragon kick keeps coming out for some reason. I could perform the move 200 times in a row in DOA 4, here I'm having issues for some reason. Is it a glitch?

What system? Are you using a pad on ps3?

I've had sync issues with my ps3 pad where the buttons I press don't correspond with what happens on screen. Like, I'll press punch and nothing happens, but if I press K i'll get F+K.

It's super frustrating when I go online and this happens...lol

Otherwise, I'd say go into training and put on input display and see what the game thinks is coming out.

Squire

Banned
I'm sure the beach stage will be free on consoles via update and all content will be cross compatible. Sucks for 360 owners who bought DLC. . .

Yeah, I hope it's more like SFxT than UMvC3 where Vita owners get everything off the bat and a download code for the PS3 version. I mean, the new 12 swim suits indicates there will be more costume DLC. I don't mind buying those on 360, but I certainly don't wanna spend another ~$40 re-buying the old stuff on Vita.

DR2K

Banned

Yeah the way DOA5 reads inputs makes back and forth motions much more difficult than any DOA before. If you even press d,df slightly then it will register as the qcf attack.

They need to change input back to how it was for sure.

Loona

I cant help but be a little scared at what TN would want to charge us for a new fighting stage.
Considering a pack of 4 outfits is 400MSP here in Aus, TN will probably want $15 or $20 for a new stage. As expensive as a CoD map pack! :O

I'm above all curious, since a stage actually affects gameplay, unlike the outfits.
If it has a price, I'll likely buy it on principle to help convince them not-bikinis are a viable business model.

Top Bottom