• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Aku-Audi

So I'm eyeing a CE DOA 5 box here, and I'm just wondering if you are able to get all the DLC for the game regardless if you buy the regular version or CE, or if some of the suits and whatnot are exclusively to that package?

Squire

Banned
All the pre-order costumes and the swim suits in the CE are available to everybody now. You can get a vanilla copy and buy any costumes you wish to.

Well, I just spent 76 space dollars buying all the costumes. Welcome to DOA! D:
I haven't looked at all the DLC yet since I'm still, erm, enjoying the pre-order bonuses.

Is my favorite Kasumi costume in? Probably the only one I'd actually buy.

idead-or-alive-4i-girls-week-1-20051007023732889.jpg

Endo Punk

Bought China and Gym pack. Gave the game a break and now I'm back, still damn awesome. I wish there was more content though, and taking away the CGI endings was just a bad idea. Why can't we have it all, story and mode and arcade endings? Man, MK9 has really spoilt me for content. I can say with no hesitation that it's the best MK ever. And as much as I love DOA5 and it pretty much is best with character models and fighting the franchise has definitely seen better stages and modes.

Anyway when is the next patch due? I heard it will add a beach stage? I really hope it's true and PLEASE fix the damn photo mode so I can download to my XMB and show off my pics!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hahaha, you weren't kidding about that optic blast. WTF.

Also Youtube only for PS3 isn't surprising. 360 doesn't have the codec(s) required for that.

He always had the beam, right? Now it hits for pretty good damage.
It looks like it does maybe 20-30 points of damage which is okay, I guess. It's nothing to brag about.

What's hilarious is that the recovery is so bad on hit that your opponent can come in and attack you before you're back to neutral.

Team Ninja still has no idea what they're doing.

DR2K

Banned
It looks like it does maybe 20-30 points of damage which is okay, I guess. It's nothing to brag about.

What's hilarious is that the recovery is so bad on hit that your opponent can come in and attack you before you're back to neutral.

Well it is a taunt, and can hit from long range.

Loona

I don't think the Zack thing is meant to be taken seriously. He's a joke character. It's like Dan's super taunt.

Not aesthetics wise, especially when his command training makes you use about 5 taunts, but his actual moves still feel pretty decent, with the odd properties of some of them keeping things interesting.

The move could be useful to finish someone off with a sliver of health left.

Spinluck

Constant input delay even on good connections that make it difficult to block, punish, counter when you want.

There are times when I'll intend to counter something, know I've put the command in in time, but I'll get hit and then my counter will come out immediately after I've been attacked, which just leads to getting punished.

It's just bad. It's the worst netcode in any of the major fighting game franchise releases.

A-fucking-men.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I want that Ayane Swimsuit. I already feel burned getting the CE to get those swimsuits and then them releasing at a cost. I believe it would have been cheaper buying them that way instead of getting the CE.

Imagine if we ever got a DOA game on PC.

*Takes off Sunglasse*

It's glorious

Sora_N

I want that Ayane Swimsuit. I already feel burned getting the CE to get those swimsuits and then them releasing at a cost. I believe it would have been cheaper buying them that way instead of getting the CE.

Imagine if we ever got a DOA game on PC.

*Takes off Sunglasse*

It's glorious

Yeah...didn't even care for the CD, I mainly bought for the costumes and sorta the artbook. Ah well, I traded some games in so it didn't cost me a lot.

Mesharey

Really good video, it improved my Jann Lee, I like using him a lot (with Ayane and Hitomi).

BTW. this is the first DOA that I like using many characters !
Jann Lee, Ayane, Hitomi, Rig, Lisa, Mila and Kasumi. (Edit: I'm missing Ein here >.>)

I like Sarah in VF but I wasn't comfortable using her here.

louie

So while this thread is bumped I found out a few weeks ago that you're safer in this game being forced teched of the ground, as opposed to freely tech rolling. Tech rolling puts you into a state were it might be impossible to hold a followup attack, or to counter a throw. Force teching the opponent just allows for unholdable low attacks setups.

Loona

It turns out the EVO folks decided to make the donation amounts visible and DoA5 has been among the top 3 - that's enough for me to sent my donations its way.
C'mon people, we can do this!

It turns out the EVO folks decided to make the donation amounts visible and DoA5 has been among the top 3 - that's enough for me to sent my donations its way.
C'mon people, we can do this!

why did they make them visible? did people just give up because they figured MLP had it on lock?

Top Bottom