• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

~$135. That number should be a little high though since some packs are cheaper than others.

HOLY SHIT

Wow... Those screenshots...

doa-11.jpg

Sophia

Judging from the past few pages, I'm guessing this still has a decent amount of players on the PS3 version? Looking to pick up a fighter for the Vita version, and this seems like the best choice with Cross-Play.

Sophia

Yeah planning on it. I figure considering the game just got released on PS Plus for Europe, and the Vita release coming out this month, there will be a lot of new players.

Holy shit, looks like they've got native res AND self-shadowing. Not even the console versions are native resolution.

And all this at 60fps? Team DOA >>>>> Team "Ninja Dog" Hayashi.

DR2K

Banned
Holy shit, looks like they've got native res AND self-shadowing. Not even the console versions are native resolution.

And all this at 60fps? Team DOA >>>>> Team "Ninja Dog" Hayashi.

The console runs in HD resolution as far as I know and can tell.

Skilletor

Squire

Banned
Yeah, this has like 4x the content in the original DOA5 demo. I figured it would be of some substance though once they said saves would transfer.

Hey guys, got DOA5 on EU PS+. Just wondering if anyone fancies adding me if they're up for a match or two some time? PSN is Azuardo. I'm nothing special at all at this game. I started with and loved DOA2 on Dreamcast, and it was the only DOA I had up until last year when I got the 3DS game, but only played it a little bit. I never became a pro at the game at all. So if anyone's up for some random bouts, feel free to hit me up. Cheers!

The Kokoro swimsuit has a nice design but would have preferred less "washed-out" colors.
I've never seen the Helena one before (in DoAX2). Maybe it was in DoAX1? It looks nice, but isnt revealing enough.
Hitomi only has half a swimsuit (and not in a good way) ;)

Sophia

Superb!

I still don't know if I want the Vita version. It seems kind of a waste when I play it on PS3.

Yeah if you already own the PS3 version, doesn't seem like it's useful. But for me, I want a good fighting game on the Vita and I don't already own DOA5 so...

Also fighting games on the lowest difficulty are an unusually good showoff of a handheld's capabilities, as I've found out. >_>;

Dantis

Yeah if you already own the PS3 version, doesn't seem like it's useful. But for me, I want a good fighting game on the Vita and I don't already own DOA5 so...

Exactly.

On the other hand, I do love DOA5. I'll see, I guess.

As an aside, Kasumi's new swimsuit is really creepy. The more revealing swimsuits are a bit weird, in my opinion.

But, but "touch fighting"! :-(

REVOLUTIONARY! I bet you there's some trophies linked to it, haha!

Squire

Banned
Annnd Dead or Alive 5 Plus pre-ordered. I feel poor now, but it'll be worth it to have a fighting game on the go.

*high-five* Sweet! I have it on 360 and still play all the time, but yeah; I need a 3D fighter on Vita. Was hoping Sega would port VF5, but once DOA5+ was announced I figured that was good enough.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
The below, Kasumi one, was a thong in DoAX2 but I suspect they'll change it to cover more skin. Thats what they did with Lei Fangs original SE brown swimsuit.

ss01_01.jpg

If I remember right in the 30 second gravure video preview thing they released it was a thong. Could be wrong though.

Dantis

...Has ranked mode broken somehow? Like, since it went free on PS Plus?

I hadn't had a game since I got Tomb Raider on Tuesday, and now I straight up can't find any. Really weird.

DR2K

Banned
...Has ranked mode broken somehow? Like, since it went free on PS Plus?

I hadn't had a game since I got Tomb Raider on Tuesday, and now I straight up can't find any. Really weird.

Yeah same here ranked is impossible to find matches, Lobby is jumping though.

I've found this real strange too. I got this on PS+ and was hoping that the influx of new players would let me fight some newbies like myself. But it takes ages to find a match :/

Dantis

I've found this real strange too. I got this on PS+ and was hoping that the influx of new players would let me fight some newbies like myself. But it takes ages to find a match :/

It didn't used to! :(

(Make sure you expand the parameters though. It starts you searching for other Fs, which is silly)

Dantis

Matchmaking could be busted.

I can only assume that it is.

I joined a lobby, but man, they're not for me. I'm either playing people drastically worse than me or drastically better, haha.

They had better fix this shit before the Vita release. >: (

Also, am I crazy or did the last patch increase the boob physics?

Can I just say, I beat the story earlier, and damn, Kasumi looks so good with her hair down like that. I wish you could choose to have her hair down for each of her costumes (I know the summer dress costume has hair down). Letting us pick different hair styles would be cool. Patch, plz.

Dantis

Can I just say, I beat the story earlier, and damn, Kasumi looks so good with her hair down like that. I wish you could choose to have her hair down for each of her costumes (I know the summer dress costume has hair down). Letting us pick different hair styles would be cool. Patch, plz.

You can. Hold L1/LB when selecting her. R1/RB is braid.

Top Bottom