• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

DR2K

Banned
I can only assume that it is.

I joined a lobby, but man, they're not for me. I'm either playing people drastically worse than me or drastically better, haha.

They had better fix this shit before the Vita release. >: (

Also, am I crazy or did the last patch increase the boob physics?

There's only simple and ranked match in Vita, so I would hope so.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait, you can't make lobbies in the portable version? WTF, Team Ninja?

Squire

Banned
That's awesome! They really are putting emphasis on the demo. This is awesome. Totally pro-consumer. I was also worried they'd botch the photo mode in the Vita version, too so good to see not.

TheSeks

Well, that's a little disappointing. Guess the new lobbies will be "online dojos" since that's being patched into the PS3 version...?

Sophia

That's awesome! They really are putting emphasis on the demo. This is awesome. Totally pro-consumer. I was also worried they'd botch the photo mode in the Vita version, too so good to see not.

Sure the demo's awesome, but the missing features from the full Vita version are not. I just canceled because no tag support and no lobby play. I might pick up the PS3 version tho.

Well, that's a little disappointing. Guess the new lobbies will be "online dojos" since that's being patched into the PS3 version...?

Online Dojos are apparently the training mode.

No lobbies!? How the fuck are we going to have our 24/7 GAF parties I've planned?

And even the 3DS version had tag matches. It was neutered, but it was there. And after making tag so fun with the new patch too!

Don't do this to me, Team Ninja. Don't you fucking dare.

TheSeks

Eh, the command training on the go will be nice to have. But yeah... I dunno if I want to pay $40 for ranked matches only. Ranked isn't my speed and having lobbies with virtual keyboard text chat is what I wanted.

What is the Spectator Mode for if there aren't lobbies, though?

Team Ninja has some 'splainin to do, because it's looking like this game has no right to be called DOA5+. As in, "Plus something worthwhile."

Such a shame.

Anyone else hate mirror matches as much as me?
If someone want to use the character I was using, thats fine, as I can just pick someone else.
When they start following my cursor around the char select screen, it get annoying.
Its even worse when Ive told them before, I find mirror matches boring :(

DOA5+ thread is fully written and ready to go! Will post a couple days before release.

Here's a preview...

s3LvLQT.jpg

Started playing story mode the other night. Got up to Bass and so far it's been gibberish. The background tracks in this game are pretty boring but, outside of that, I'm enjoying the gameplay and the disproportionally large swinging breasts

Where did they pull Sarah's vocals from? They sound like shit

Oh yeah! Monmma lmao

Leona, you know you can post the the OT on Tuesday, right?
K, I'll post it on Tuesday then, but I'm not sure a port would merit a week's worth of discussion considering we know all we need to know.

If anyone somehow ends up with a spare cheerleader costumes DLC code that they don't want, I'll gladly take if off your hands by the way <3

Started playing story mode the other night. Got up to Bass and so far it's been gibberish. The background tracks in this game are pretty boring but, outside of that, I'm enjoying the gameplay and the disproportionally large swinging breasts

Where did they pull Sarah's vocals from? They sound like shit

Oh yeah! Monmma lmao

Yeah, halfway through the story I realised I shouldn't be taking it so seriously, but I really wasn't expecting the total un-seriousness of it all.
Lei Fang's story with the train sequence, and her and Hitomi in the circus punching tigers and stuff, and Brad Wong and Eliot's ridiculous fight for the last piece of food - I was beginning to think this was all just a complete joke.

Then it flips and becomes totally serious in the last few parts of the game. And I ended up enjoying those parts.

I know it's a fighter but I like a good story too, and this was just all over the place.

Skilletor

No lobbies isn't a big deal for me. If I'm planning on playing longer sets, I'll just turn on my consoles. This'll be great for laying in bed and getting a game or two in before I fall asleep.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, no lobbies isn't a deal breaker for me either. I don't even play online on console. I really want this so I can play in bed while listening to podcasts! XD

No lobbies isn't a big deal for me. If I'm planning on playing longer sets, I'll just turn on my consoles. This'll be great for laying in bed and getting a game or two in before I fall asleep.

Same.

Have they said anything about using the vita as a controller? Similar to how umvc3 and sfxt work?

Squire

Banned
Which dlc do we get with DOA5+?

If you're playing on PS3 all that DLC carries over. To get the Cheer Leader set you have to pre-order at GameStop in the US or Game if you're in the UK. Other than that: Nothing for free.

The new swimsuits they're showing come in the CE that Japan is getting. They'll likely just be released as standard DLC for us westerners.

Dantis

If you're playing on PS3 all that DLC carries over. To get the Cheer Leader set you have to pre-order at GameStop in the US or Game if you're in the UK. Other than that: Nothing for free.

The new swimsuits they're showing come in the CE that Japan is getting. They'll likely just be released as standard DLC for us westerners.

I was concerned that those swimsuits would be a preorder bonus over here. I'd much rather have the cheer leader outfits, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Squire

Banned
I was concerned that those swimsuits would be a preorder bonus over here. I'd much rather have the cheer leader outfits, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, the cheer leader set is nice and they probably make more money faster bu just releasing the swimsuits for the people who want then than trying to force them to pre-order somewhere or wait two months.

How many people here don't use button config Type A?

I've come into DOA5 from years of playing DOA2 on Dreamcast, where the config had Punch on X/Square; Kick on Y/Triangle; Hold on A/Cross; and Throw on B/Circle.

Never had Xbox so missed out on DOA3 and 4, so I've come straight in to DOA5 and changed to the Dreamcast set-up.

Makes no difference, but just curious how many have stuck with this as their default from playing in this way since the beginning?

When I play on pad, I use a modified Dreamcast layout. Leftmost button is Punch, top is Kick and the other two are Free. I'll cheat and have a right trigger set to P+K+F for use during tag but every other button doesn't have anything assigned. Of course, DOA Dimensions and DOA5 refuse to let me set this layout because Team Ninja is made up of dicks.

I've come into DOA5 from years of playing DOA2 on Dreamcast, where the config had Punch on X/Square; Kick on Y/Triangle; Hold on A/Cross; and Throw on B/Circle.

Never had Xbox so missed out on DOA3 and 4, so I've come straight in to DOA5 and changed to the Dreamcast set-up.

Makes no difference, but just curious how many have stuck with this as their default from playing in this way since the beginning?

i use something similar to that, except i map Circle to P+K

i have since DC days.

Loona

since I use a pad with a pad with all 6 buttons in the front, my setup looks like this:

H P HP

T K HK

i use something similar to that, except i map Circle to P+K

i have since DC days.

What do you use for Throw then? I take it Hold is on Cross?

Hmm this has got me thinking now.

I've mapped P+K to L1 but I rarely ever use it. I just hit my separate P and K buttons together to simulate it (Square and Triangle). I can understand assigning P+K to a button guarantees input success over hitting two buttons together but I'm not sure I'll be able to incorporate a dedicated P+K button into my gameplay now... If I started changing buttons around again I think it'd take a little while to get used to.

Having it as L1 isn't very accessible, but I'm not sure what I could replace on the face buttons to move it across since I'm so used to hitting P and K buttons together.

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!

DOA5+ |OT| Is That a Vita In Your Pocket or Are You Just Happy To See Me?
-10000/10

Ran into a glitch while doing ranked tonight on PS3. After my opponent and I chose our characters, the loading screen suddenly transitioned into a slow pan around the stage (Zack's Island). I even saw some assets that you don't normally see just playing on the stage.

Had to reboot. I still periodically run into freezing issues on the "Loading" screen as well.

I can't wait until DOA5+ even though it's gimped. Because at least if I have to reboot all the time, it only takes 3 seconds instead of 3 minutes.

TheSeks

Can't you custo--Oh, no, wait. Type A-D just removes buttons until D is like Virtua Fighter 5 with H/P/K on the controller. Yeah, that was really stupid on Team Ninja's part.

What do you use for Throw then? I take it Hold is on Cross?

Hmm this has got me thinking now.

I've mapped P+K to L1 but I rarely ever use it. I just hit my separate P and K buttons together to simulate it (Square and Triangle). I can understand assigning P+K to a button guarantees input success over hitting two buttons together but I'm not sure I'll be able to incorporate a dedicated P+K button into my gameplay now... If I started changing buttons around again I think it'd take a little while to get used to.

Having it as L1 isn't very accessible, but I'm not sure what I could replace on the face buttons to move it across since I'm so used to hitting P and K buttons together.
i just press Square and X to throw.

i have throw mapped to L1 but i never use that, and i have H+K mapped to R1 since that's my least used button combo.

then L2 and R2 are Taunt and H+P+K but those don't get used really either.

I play on the Dreamcast settings too.

Top Bottom