• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

I'm pretty sure Kasumi is more popular in DOA. There's got to be some stats for most used character.
There are, and IIRC Ryu is more popular with Kasumi a close second. I'm pretty sure the top 5 included all 4 ninjas with Lee as the fifth. Ayane may've dropped down a bit, though.

Which reminds me, I loved the various stats in DOA4 and I hope they all make a return in the online mode for 5. Character rankings by popularity and winrate separated by region, monthly and overall player rankings by GP or reliability... all good stuff.

Dantis

Apparently story mode is about three hours long. Not amazo, but acceptable.

I'll boss through that then get straight online.

Dantis

3-4 hours is pretty ideal imo. One evening of SP before going vs.

I would have liked it to be about five like DOA:D, but like I say, three hours is acceptable.

I'd sooner play something condensed and interesting like DOA5 or MK9 than something long-winded and boring P4A. 30 hours of reading the same thing over and over with minor differences. Yuck.

I think this was definitely the right way to go.

patapuf

I would have liked it to be about five like DOA:D, but like I say, three hours is acceptable.

I'd sooner play something condensed and interesting like DOA5 or MK9 than something long-winded and boring P4A. 30 hours of reading the same thing over and over with minor differences. Yuck.

I think this was definitely the right way to go.

yeah, P4a is a novel, i'm not going to say it's a bad novel but i don't think it makes a good fighting game campaign. At some point you want to play.

Everything besides characters is padding?

i don't know the details but it's not rare to have junk data (it takes space but it doesn't do anything) in console games.

this preview can be summarized as : i wanted to see boobs but i was too chicken to look. Oh and there was some fighting too.

May16

this preview can be summarized as : i wanted to see boobs but i was too chicken to look. Oh and there was some fighting too.
thats-the-joke-%28n1302709431142%29.jpg

Galdelico

I didn't mean it in a negative way, i found his impressions somewhat funny.

Though it probably isn't the most professional preview.
Yeah, funny reading but he didn't really say anything about the game.

And, well, if you can't even pull a throw with Gen Fu... :D

patapuf

Its not, just look at skyrim.

And there is little if any pre rendered content.

aparently there's 25 min of CG.

and we are not going to compare an RPG with an MP game are we? At least compare it to call of duty if you have to ignore budget differences.

KageMaru

Can anyone suggest a controller on the 360 with a good d-pad? I'm stuck getting the 360 version but can't stand the shitty d-pad. I have a 6 button Hori controller but the analog sticks are faulty. I read it's a common issue with those pads, so i don't care to get another one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. =)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

and we are not going to compare and RPG with an MP game are we? At least compare it to call of duty if you have to ignore budget differences.

There are no 25 mins of CG. That was the time of CGs in DOA4 from what I remember. DOA cutscenes seem to mostly if not all ingame engine.

Can anyone suggest a controller on the 360 with a good d-pad? I'm stuck getting the 360 version but can't stand the shitty d-pad. I have a 6 button Hori controller but the analog sticks are faulty. I read it's a common issue with those pads, so i don't care to get another one.

Cheap
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-wwe-all-stars-brawl-pad/89175

Not Cheap
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/major-league-gaming-pro-circuit-controller/101485

My memory isnt the greatest so someone might be able to find something in the middle of those.

luokyl

Are the new model 360 dpads still not good enough? I haven't tried one out myself (being a PS3 man), but everytime someone takes a shot at the 360 dpad the new model controller gets brought up.

KageMaru

Are the new model 360 dpads still not good enough? I haven't tried one out myself (being a PS3 man), but everytime someone takes a shot at the 360 dpad the new model controller gets brought up.

I've heard from a couple friends that they are still shit, so I didn't consider getting one of those. Anyone else here use the new controller?

xion4360

and we are not going to compare an RPG with an MP game are we? At least compare it to call of duty if you have to ignore budget differences.

were talking about data and volume, it doesnt matter what type of game skyrim is the analogy that amount of GB on disc doesnt exactly correlate to the amount of content the game has still applies.

and no, as far as I have seen there is no CG in DOA5 aside from the team ninja logo and some clips.

I was wondering which version is better? PS3 or Xbox? I want to get the collectors edition.
There is no definite version. So I would just get whichever console you have more friends on.

Also, thank you Pupi18 for advertising the event. There are still 10 spots open.

jkh13

Neo Member
The PS3 version seems to be more popular. The game itself is probably very similar across platforms.

Is the framerate going to be solid on PS3 though? I remember that NG3 had some slowdown issues on PS3, I am assuming they are using the same engine.

Endo Punk

It's going to be really hard focusing on the fighting when you have opponents using swimsuits. Also Im wondering if you don't have the swimsuits can you still see them in online play?

xion4360

Is the framerate going to be solid on PS3 though? I remember that NG3 had some slowdown issues on PS3, I am assuming they are using the same engine.

The framerate is solid on both systems, but PS3 is the lead platform and has some small advantages. Ninja Gaiden 3 performed better on PS3 as it was also lead platform.

Nooo, whole new engine.

Its actually the exact same engine. Some tweaks as usual.

patapuf

were talking about data and volume, it doesnt matter what type of game skyrim is the analogy that amount of GB on disc doesnt exactly correlate to the amount of content the game has still applies.

and no, as far as I have seen there is no CG in DOA5 aside from the team ninja logo.

i thought you were talking about content, yeah if the game size is 4.5 gb the disk isn't packed.

KageMaru

I got one. It's still shit. I picked up a Street Fighter 4 pad
It's not the best, but the d-pad is step-up.

I also have one of those too and it broke down rather quickly due to it's cheap quality. I remember being excited for that pad since it was compared to the classic saturn controller but it was nowhere near the quality of that controller, even when it worked fine.

It's going to be really hard focusing on the fighting when you have opponents using swimsuits. Also Im wondering if you don't have the swimsuits can you still see them in online play?

You could in the previous DoA games.

The framerate is solid on both systems, but PS3 is the lead platform and has some small advantages. Ninja Gaiden 3 performed better on PS3 as it was also lead platform.

Do you know what these small advantages are? I usually get the better version but my friends that I've played DoA with all have 360s, I'm stuck getting that version. I may double dip depending on the differences.

xion4360

Do you know what these small advantages are? I usually get the better version but my friends that I've played DoA with all have 360s, I'm stuck getting that version. I may double dip depending on the differences.

If all your friends are on 360 you should feel perfectly comfortable getting that version.

jkh13

Neo Member

Looks like I am getting the PS3 version then. I found this article on NG3, should be relevant for DOA5 since they use the same engine, it shows the advantages of the PS3 graphics:

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-ninja-gaiden-3-analysis/

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Probably better image quality and less dips if there is any. But things will probably be pretty similar and not a big crazy difference.

Setsuna

I knew they will do it, they can help it with the sexual fanservice, too much for making a serious fighter.

so it cant be a serious fighter and fan service it has to be one or the other

they are just outfits after all i doubt the designers of characters outfits have any say on the fighting aspect of the game

Dantis

By my eyes when I play both games lol

Umm no they probably havent said "this is the same engine as NG3" but I think its quite obvious that it is.

I disagree. And seeing as neither of us can prove that the other is wrong, that's all there is to it.

Setsuna

I knew they will do it, they can help it with the sexual fanservice, too much for making a serious fighter.

so it cant be a serious fighter and fan service it has to be one or the other

they are just outfits after all i doubt the design team had input on game balance

Top Bottom