• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

KageMaru

Looks like I am getting the PS3 version then. I found this article on NG3, should be relevant for DOA5 since they use the same engine, it shows the advantages of the PS3 graphics:

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-ninja-gaiden-3-analysis/

This isn't necessarily true. Optimizations could have been done and the design of the game itself also effects how the game can perform.

Probably better image quality and less dips if there is any. But things will probably be pretty similar and not a big crazy difference.

Sad thing is I don't need a big crazy difference to want one version over the other. =p I just have this OCD thing with getting the better version.

I'm not convinced by this. Where/when was this confirmed?

It shares similarities to the engine used in NG3 such as FXAA and dynamic resolution. Ever since NG1, Team Ninja has used the same engine for all of their games, so I don't expect that to change now.

xion4360

I disagree. And seeing as neither of us can prove that the other is wrong, that's all there is to it.

No we cant factually, but if you just LOOK at the games you see how they are technically very similar. Both games have the same variable resolution, same shadowing techniques, some of the same visual effects like smoke and how it looks around the edges of characters, same difference in image quality between 360 and PS3. Its easy to tell they are using the same tools.

You can tell when a game is running on UE3 for example, because of those common things. But since I cant point you to a comment by the developer where they state its the same toolset, ill just leave it at that.

This isn't necessarily true. Optimizations could have been done and the design of the game itself also effects how the game can perform.
Sad thing is I don't need a big crazy difference to want one version over the other. =p I just have this OCD thing with getting the better version.
It shares similarities to the engine used in NG3 such as FXAA and dynamic resolution. Ever since NG1, Team Ninja has used the same engine for all of their games, so I don't expect that to change now.

If its an OCD thing, going by the alpha demo your going to want to get the ps3 version. Team Ninja has created new toolsets between generation on Xbox DOA3, and NG used the same engine, then they created new tools for DOAX2 and used that in DOA2U. On 360, they used a new engine for DOA4, NG2, and DOAX2. They created a new toolset for NG Sigma and sigma 2. The latest set was optimized for multiple platforms and is used in NG3 and DOA5.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I was wondering which version is better? PS3 or Xbox? I want to get the collectors edition.
Unknown, but it should be noted that Ninja Gaiden 3 was actually a bit better on PS3.

However, this is just a fighting game so I expect both versions to deliver a perfect 60 fps without compromise.

No we cant factually, but if you just LOOK at the games you see how they are technically very similar. Both games have the same variable resolution, same shadowing techniques, some of the same visual effects like smoke and how it looks around the edges of characters, same difference in image quality between 360 and PS3. Its easy to tell they are using the same tools.
Besides, it would be a waste to throw away the tools and techniques they used to build these games.

The tool set is NOT responsible for the quality of NG3 and it certainly wouldn't negatively impact this game.

so it cant be a serious fighter and fan service it has to be one or the other

they are just outfits after all i doubt the designers of characters outfits have any say on the fighting aspect of the game

There are many ways to do fan service and I don't think to go back to this kind of outfits will do any good to how the game is percibed by the general public (like in past games), of course the hardcore players like us will look beyond that and appreciate the game if the gameplay is good, that's not in question.

Everytime I have friends in my house I ask them if they want to play DOA4 (just for fun) and they said they don't want to play the tits and ass game, they rather play Tekken, and this is how many people perceive DOA, even if beyond the sexual fan service there is a fun game. At least this is my experinence with the people around me that play games casually, but maybe I'm over analyzing the matter.

TTT2 has Bikinis and joke outfits so then it is not a serious fighter either?

It's not one of the trademarks of the series, not the bikinis or the big tits or the bouncing as far as I know. It's not a matter of serious fighting in the gameplay sense as I said. Tekken is doing the bikinis with more taste in my opinion.

xion4360

Everytime I have friends in my house I ask them if they want to play DOA4 (just for fun) and they said they don't want to play the tits and ass game, they rather play Tekken, and this is how many people perceive DOA, even if beyond the sexual fan service there is a fun game. At least this is my experinence with the people around me that play games casually, but maybe I'm over analyzing the matter.

Because the female characters are so prevalent and thats the image the have. Tekken has plenty of tits and ass as well, but they promote the game differently. (Well...usually)

Dantis

I think people are too concerned over whether or not DOA is a 'serious' fighter. As long as people play online, I don't care, and it was still possible to get a game on DOA4 last year easily enough, and that's like five years after release. I'm sure DOA5 will be fine.

akaoni

Banned
Tekken is doing the bikinis with more taste in my opinion.

More taste for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RjjDqhHf3M

Tekken-Tag-Tournament-2-Big-Bikini-Bundle.jpg

Galdelico

Aren't all the swimsuits only included with the CE? So I guess they will be DLC eventually.
Damn guys, I'm losing you here. :D

Are there 2P-3P variations of the swimsuits too? I thought it was just one per female character.
Don't remember Tina's main swimsuit so I can't tell if that new one Pupi just linked is a reskin or a different model.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Arg, must... not... watch it...

I hope they're all unlockables, but nevermind if not: I already know I'll be buying every single piece of DLC (even the shittiest ones, yeah) they'll put up on the PSN. T_T

Watch it there is even a second video now :p

KageMaru

I don't know how I missed this reply. Thanks for the suggestions! Judging by the look of the WWE pad, that's probably the same as the VF4 pads, which were crap IMO.

So I may actually buy the expensive option, I just wish I didn't have to spend so much this late in the gen when I may not even have a 360 in a year.

Squire

Banned
Hmm. If that's Tina's 3rd swimsuit, how many are in the game? It's worth noting the ones in the CE are labeled as "Premium", so that probably should've tipped us off they may not the only ones in the game months ago.

patapuf

Hmm. If that's Tina's 3rd swimsuit, how many are in the game? It's worth noting the ones in the CE are labeled as "Premium", so that probably should've tipped us off they may not the only ones in the game months ago.

we have one pre order bonus, one CE bonus and aparently one unlockable.

i don't think there will be more unless it's DLC.

Vazra

CE Edition Swimsuit
Bunnies: Ayane, Kasumi, Tina, Hitomi, Christie and Leifang
3rd Swimsuit in game probably

EDIT: Beaten.

Squire

Banned
we have one pre order bonus, one CE bonus and aparently one unlockable.

i don't think there will be more unless it's DLC.

Ah, right.

There'll definitely be DLC. Probably not stages and maybe not more swimsuits, but if they don't do at least one round of extra costumes, ill be thoroughly shocked.

patapuf

The story mode is hilarious, i can't stop laughing. But i have to stop watching now or i will have seen everything by the time the game is out.

Vazra

The story mode is hilarious, i can't stop laughing. But i have to stop watching now or i will have seen everything by the time the game is out.

Lol I just saw another vid. I think I'll spoil all the story for myself

LordK

has anyone tried photo mode within replay mode? i was wondering how good the photos look(res,aa,etc)

thanks!

Top Bottom