• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

BadWolf

Holy shit at that red Christie swimsuit.

You just know everyone online is going to be using these, no idea how I'm going to concentrate on the fight (or hide the screen from family members).

Esura

Banned
ibdqaPSOh69pAB.jpg

This is amazing! As long as the netcode is up to par, I'll be buying DoA5 for sure

Now this is how you show love for a country.

EDIT: That is supposed to be a piece of the flag right? Kinda second guessing myself here.

therapist

Have they confirmed a WiiU version or not yet?

Im curious...might wait for that one , otherwise , 360 or ps3 for me , likely ps3 as xbox controllers suck balls for fighting games. (Unless you buy the over-priced controller with the new-and-improved , but should of been like that to begin with controller!)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Have they confirmed a WiiU version or not yet?

Im curious...might wait for that one , otherwise , 360 or ps3 for me , likely ps3 as xbox controllers suck balls for fighting games. (Unless you buy the over-priced controller with the new-and-improved , but should of been like that to begin with controller!)

Nothing yet.

Endo Punk

The sound the critical stuns make are really satisfying. I was wary about these new additions but I have definitely warmed up to them especially since, well, with the case of power blow it can't really be abused and can only happen once a fight if you so choose to perform one. And actually makes using the level interactions all the more entertaining. Goddamn love the fighting entertainment angle.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yeah, Jeff implied as much in the giant bombcast. I'm pretty sure it's going to be entertaining.

i mean the second sentence in the launch trailer is christie seductively saying: " you'll need your strenght, little boy"

No lie, I clicked on the trailer link after I read your post. I was hoping they'd continue with the ChristiexEliot goodness. So glad they are!

A.E Suggs

I really hope they aren't going to waste all the DLC on swimsuit costumes because I want some of the old costumes back or some new ones.

Need the skinny on Eliot's outfits

Please tell me they gave him some pretty damn good troll outfits

people used to literally swear at me on Live when i played as Eliot in his strappy number. the sailor boy outfit was good, although not as good... i so hope they have something worthy of that DOA4 outfit in this.

i sooooo hope.

patapuf

people used to literally swear at me on Live when i played as Eliot in his strappy number. the sailor boy outfit was good, although not as good... i so hope they have something worthy of that DOA4 outfit in this.

i sooooo hope.

you already have the clown costumes for one. Most aren't bothered by them but i've seen some violent reactions.

A.E Suggs

As much as I enjoy the bikinis, I agree. A nice mix of both would be perfect.

Pretty much I like the bikinis as well especially helena and tina's. At the same time they can still end up picking boring swimsuits as well and I don't think we need all the costumes showing the same amount of skin.

TxdoHawk

So is Zack more like his DOA 2/3 incarnation? Wasn't happy with his changes in 4. Also, bring back the boss as fuck white suit please.

they really got to make a ninja gaiden with Kasumi being the lead character. i'm bored with Ryu being in EVERY ninja gaiden games.

Out with Ryu! XD

This is a bad idea and you should feel bad. :p

Seriously though, NG is Ryu's series. Fuck everyone else. No Hayate as main character, no Kasumi as main, no Ayane as main. Ryu.

Galdelico

Arcade cleared on Rookie difficulty here... It's not single-round and apparently there's no boss fight at the end of the ladder.

By beating it, the guy gets a new costume, a belt and a title.

patapuf

I side with team Kasumi. out with Ryu! :p

Seriously though, if they ever make a game with the DOA ninjas it will probably have a different name.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Great job on the OT.

What's the consensus on the collector's edition being worth the premium? Don't really want to have to go into a Gamestop.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Aren't Power Blows supposed to be easily done? I've tried doing some while my health is below 50% but nothing seems to happen. Fighter charges for a second then nothing.

DR2K

Banned
Aren't Power Blows supposed to be easily done? I've tried doing some while my health is below 50% but nothing seems to happen. Fighter charges for a second then nothing.

When your bar flashes red, you have to charge down their move(different for each character).

Vazra

It's not universal anymore?
Nope in a recent video the game shows how each character does their powerblow

Arcade Mode
There you can see characters info at the beginning.

Great job on the OT.

What's the consensus on the collector's edition being worth the premium? Don't really want to have to go into a Gamestop.
Thanks!

At least for me the CE its worth it. CE outfits which while it will be (Might be?) released later on I'm getting earlier access and who knows how much is gonna cost later on. The OST if its a proper one should have all the songs and I'll rock it while driving around or use it while I'm on the computer.(Depends how much I like it too) Don't really care about the poster. Artbook its 92 pages. (One Page Here) IMO looks pretty good and its nice for me since I do like watching a CG art or concept art of the games. (The book seems to have CG and Concept art I believe) Special Casing its not something I really care for that much but its nice.

I find it worth it since the stuff there I care for it and want it but if you don't feel it then don't bother.

Edit:
Now you don't have to worry about rage quitters. The game still gives you points and probably also the win online!
Warning there will be spoilers on the site Free Step Dodge

DR2K

Banned
I'm hearing mixed things about the netcode, but I'm expecting a day one patch to fix things up.

Holy shit, my eyes exploded at that combination of stage and outfits. Damn, still sad this really means that Lisa/Helena elevator stage surrounded by water was the aquarium one after all, though. :(

Yeah looks like it.

louie

Good. I don't understand why a disconnect being a loss isn't standart anymore, or at least a separate stat.

It counted as a loss in Doa4 and was added to your 'drops' stat. And even if someone ragequit on you you gained an extra win tally, which in the long run would be more important than winning the points outright. I hope it's still like that.

I'm hearing mixed things about the netcode, but I'm expecting a day one patch to fix things up.

If it's like doa4 then I'll probably be ok with it. Ideally I would have liked better but I'll take what I can get.

DR2K

Banned
It counted as a loss in Doa4 and was added to your 'drops' stat. And even if someone ragequit on you you gained an extra win tally, which in the long run would be more important than winning the points outright. I hope it's still like that.

If it's like doa4 then I'll probably be ok with it. Ideally I would have liked better but I'll take what I can get.

I never gained points when someone rage quit on me.

I just hope it's good.

Mesharey

The wait is killing me. :(

It's hard not to watch the new videos.

Usually here games get early releases, but when it's my most wanted game right now it's not out yet! I think they will get in 23/9.

louie

I never gained points when someone rage quit on me.

I just hope it's good.

You didn't gain points, you gained an extra win on your winning streak. It was crucial to have a big streak going if you wanted to gain big points.

Vazra

Character Unlock stuff.
Unlock Akira by beating Kokoro's Story
Unlock genfu in story after completing eliot's story.
You get pai by beating arcade or time attack mode on any difficulty level

Top Bottom