• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Thai

Bane was better.
What's everyone's favorite joystick layout?

Do you assign a button specifically for HP and HK?

I have:

P HP T SOMETHING
K HK H Taunt

Still experimenting though.

DR2K

Banned
What's everyone's favorite joystick layout?

Do you assign a button specifically for HP and HK?

I have:

P HP T SOMETHING
K HK H Taunt

Still experimenting though.

L1 = F+P+K(for SS) R1 = F+K
P = △
F = [] K = O
F+P = X

Been like thois since DOA2.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
GAF told me to get a 3DS which only has the old DoA4 models. I have a right to be a little bitter about this.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The DOAD models are still closer to the DoA4 style designs though aren't they? I'm not actually bummed about not having a Vita for +, save for not having the cross play from PS3 - Vita, that is a pretty huge feature :p

Haven't actually started up my copy of DoA5 for the 360 yet, looking to get started playing sometime soon though.

Can't believe I went and bought this game today because of the titillating screenshots I saw in the "most embarrassing dlc" thread. Guess sex does sell. Haven't played a DOA in a while and kinda miss it's gameplay style. Now to get those bikinis!

Why is it the arcade fights feel much better then online?

Do they tone down stuff when playing online? Not sure but I think even the visuals are better.

I absolutely love this games invite system though, playing command training and DING, invite, press select, BAM fighting online.

Also, way to fuck up a photomode TeamNinja. Are Polyphony Digital the only Japanese developers that know how to make a Photo Mode?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Touching Bayman's MMA-covered crotch in touch-fight. Hmmm...

shaowebb

Sooooo...just got this from the gamefly sale and I haven't played it yet because it keeps locking up. Pick Brad Wong, go to outfit 2 FREEZE.
Try again.
FREEZE.
Try outfit one.
black screen of loading...FROZEN.

Every. Damned. Time.

Its not my console since its running other stuff fine, but seriously this is getting old. Think maybe its the game update causing it?

TheSeks

More like the Gamedisc. If it's 360 it's probably scratched.

shaowebb

Deleted everything, reupdated. Still locking up. Checked the disc and its fine. WTF man. I was just gonna casual it up with some Brad Wong...

EDIT: AND AGAIN! God dammit. This time I went to versus and I swear all it does is load characters. I got to select Brad Wong this time (outfit 1...played it safe) but then it locked up on my opponent selection. Hell with this. I'm contacting Gamefly. I know it was on sale but I think I have the right to expect it to WORK.

Skilletor

Deleted everything, reupdated. Still locking up. Checked the disc and its fine. WTF man. I was just gonna casual it up with some Brad Wong...

EDIT: AND AGAIN! God dammit. This time I went to versus and I swear all it does is load characters. I got to select Brad Wong this time (outfit 1...played it safe) but then it locked up on my opponent selection. Hell with this. I'm contacting Gamefly. I know it was on sale but I think I have the right to expect it to WORK.

Try installing it? If it stalls for any reason, it's probably the disc causing problems.

Mesharey

How do you fight fighter list AI ? @_@

Tom Lee from Team Ninja hints that there's something for DOA in E3, also the last bikini pack (Vita) will be released for consoles (Xbox only?) around June.

TheSeks

How do you fight fighter list AI ? @_@

Add people to fight list. Go into practice mode, turn on throwdowns.

It's not really AI, it's more matchmaking. You have to do that for the sake of getting the throwdown trophies.

Checked the disc and its fine.

It doesn't matter if the disc "looks fine." If there's a small scratch or it's badly pressed that could be an issue.

Skilletor

Man, after playing the Vita version so much, I forgot how amazing the console version looked. Also nice not waiting 15 minutes for a match.

Squire

Banned
The visuals took a dip on Vita in every way. The screens they released weren't even bullshots, so much as outright lies.

Dantis

The visuals took a dip on Vita in every way. The screens they released weren't even bullshots, so much as outright lies.

It's a bit of a weird one, even for TN. I think it looks great on Vita, but the PS360 version looks a heck of a lot better.

Squire

Banned
It's a bit of a weird one, even for TN. I think it looks great on Vita, but the PS360 version looks a heck of a lot better.

Yeah, it's a good looking Vita game for sure, I just width they were a bit more honest about the gap between it and consoles.

It's not an issue, but if you've played a lot of the console version you notice immediately.

I bought this a few days ago and purchased the Players' Swimwear set as part of the PSN 50/10 promo. This is my first DOA game since the Dreamcast (I did find DOAX2 for the 360 about 3 months ago on Kmart clearance). The game looks and plays fantastic but I am definitely not as good at button-mashing as I used to be. I spammed the Kasumi
UP+Throw = (O_O)
against Hitomi and triggered the "I Read Every Move" trophy, lmao.

Add Momiji to DOA5 and DOAX3 and I am so, so, so there...

*DROOL* I'm buying Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge on Thursday.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just got the 360 version for $15 from Gamefly, and this is the first DOA I've played since DOA2 on PS2. Any tips for where I can start to look up tips and tutorials? Is freestepdodge a good place to get started? I'm not really all that experienced with fighting games, the only other fighters I own are UMvC3 and SF4 (the original, not the updated versions with new characters).

Please enjoy it. I'm not a NG3 vanilla apologist, I enjoyed it despite its flaws, but I genuinely feel that NG3RE is a good game. People spouting crap about it are full of nonsense. I'm not going to triple dip on the game, since I owned NG3 on PS3 and have the WiiU NG3RE, but it's actually very solid once you get past some of the weirdness. Chapter 7, by itself, is awesome.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I fired the game up yesterday for the first time and messed around with some Hitomi combos. This is the resource I'm using to practice her combos. I like it so far, it's giving me DOA2 flashbacks which is great, since I really enjoyed that game.

Any tips you guys have for me as I start practicing? Seems like Hitomi is all about the launchers.

Avallon

Clear something up for me please:

Combos in this game are all buffered? If I do a 7-hit combo, for example, I can "record" the whole combo during the first strike if I'm quick enough?

Is there timing, like street fighter links, or are all combos like this?

I ask because I just read over the FAQ on GameFAQs and am not sure I follow completely.

I bought this a few days ago and purchased the Players' Swimwear set as part of the PSN 50/10 promo. This is my first DOA game since the Dreamcast (I did find DOAX2 for the 360 about 3 months ago on Kmart clearance). The game looks and plays fantastic but I am definitely not as good at button-mashing as I used to be. I spammed the Kasumi
UP+Throw = (O_O)
against Hitomi and triggered the "I Read Every Move" trophy, lmao.

Enjoy it. :) I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. Significant improvement imo and I actually liked NG3.

Mesharey

ujTBFPs.png
The first DOA tournament in Kuwait ! :D

Hmmm......probably. I think that is one of the reason haters hate on DOA in general. Oh well, I still love DOA at least.

I think so too. I find it more satisfying to land guaranteed hits instead of "lucky my opponent guessed the wrong counter".
But of course, SF doesnt have the Ladiez or the cool counter-holds.
I guess you cant have everything.

Top Bottom