• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Was going to post that definitely NSFW!

The way to unlock em

At TGS, it was stated that these "rare" costumes - as they call them - are unlocked by clearing the unlockable "Legend" difficulty (the highest unlockable difficulty) in either Time Attack or Arcade (can't remember). What's more, the opponents are random, and you must defeat the opponent when they have this "rare" costume on during gameplay to unlock it. The chances of encountering them are at least 30%.

zlatko

Banned
Mila is a very well designed character I feel. Interested in messing around with her when I get the game too. Love the MMA style.

Can't wait for Tuesday! :D

DR2K

Banned

The way to unlock em

At TGS, it was stated that these "rare" costumes - as they call them - are unlocked by clearing the unlockable "Legend" difficulty (the highest unlockable difficulty) in either Time Attack or Arcade (can't remember). What's more, the opponents are random, and you must defeat the opponent when they have this "rare" costume on during gameplay to unlock it. The chances of encountering them are at least 30%.

Team Ninja is truly evil, lol. The players that want these the most are going to have the hardest time.

Vazra

Mila is a very well designed character I feel. Interested in messing around with her when I get the game too. Love the MMA style.

Can't wait for Tuesday! :D

Seeing your change from curious to pumped makes me feel like my job was well done. :p

Team Ninja is truly evil, lol. The players that want these the most are going to have the hardest time.

Ninja Gaiden Difficulty for Unlocks in DOA5 confirmed lol.

Dantis

The way to unlock em

That's awesome. I love crazy unlocks like that.

dreamfall

The way to unlock em

I had to read that! This is a crazy awesome idea- it'll be difficult but so worth it!

zlatko

Banned
Seeing your change from curious to pumped makes me feel like my job was well done. :p

Ninja Gaiden Difficulty for Unlocks in DOA5 confirmed lol.

Job well done indeed. Great OT, you guys answered a lot of questions, and the links provided helped me see this is a game more designed for me and my current schedule than Tekken is unfortunately.

Vazra

Are there any plans for a launch day gaf online tournament or anything?

Not exactly Launch but there is this one.

Event: DOA5 PSN GAF Tournament by:Memento Mori15
Start Date: Sept 29th 9:30m
Time Zone: EST
Stream URL: (TBA)
Prize: 1st place wins $10 PSN Code or $10 Amazon Gift Card
MAX 16 PLAYERS

There are 10 spots left.

If someone wants to make a Launch Tournament let me know to put it on the event section.

Mr_eX

Not exactly Launch but there is this one.

Event: DOA5 PSN GAF Tournament by:Memento Mori15
Start Date: Sept 29th 9:30m
Time Zone: EST
Stream URL: (TBA)
Prize: 1st place wins $10 PSN Code or $10 Amazon Gift Card
MAX 16 PLAYERS

There are 10 spots left.

If I wasn't getting it on 360 I'd enter that for sure.

Vazra

If I wasn't getting it on 360 I'd enter that for sure.
Lets see if someone decides to throw a 360 tournaments. Not all tournaments need to have prizes they can be just for fun. :p

Edit:
Final Boss Spoiler
Alpha 152 and changes forms

GREATEST indeed... mmmmm....

The way to unlock em

Awesome, definitely gonna work on unlocking those babies hahahaha

Endo Punk

All those NSFW pics.... I love you DOA. Don't ever change. This is the very reason all the awesome male characters don't get the attention they deserve, lol.

Ferrio

Banned
You guys disappoint me. I click on these links for "NSFW" pictures, and I get clothed characters. False advertisement. I guess they'd be not safe for work if I worked in Iran or something.

Vazra

You guys disappoint me. I click on these links for "NSFW" pictures, and I get clothed characters. False advertisement. I guess they'd be not safe for work if I worked in Iran or something.

Probably on a water stage Kokoro might be naked on the reflection like DOA4 glitch...

Squire

Banned
It was the lead dev platform, so no.

So maybe not. There aren't any comparisons out.

FYI for those who missed me posting it earlier in the thread, in Digital Foundry's analysis of Ninja Gaiden 3 (lead platform was also PS3), they concluded the game didn't run that great on either console and the PS3's edge was very slight/minimal. Not night/day better.

Top Bottom