• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bumping the event just in case.

Event: DOA5 PSN GAF Tournament by:Memento Mori15
Start Date: Sept 29th 9:30pm
Time Zone: EST
Stream URL: (TBA)
Prize: 1st place wins $10 PSN Code or $10 Amazon Gift Card
MAX 16 PLAYERS

Still 10 spots open.

gJxaG.jpg
Quoted for size.

Zephyrus

Banned
my main problem with this game is it's fanbase.

Hope I don't constantly get paired against players using the female fighters in those revealing costumes. I don't want to be embarrassed when people see me play the game.

Ninjimbo

Hope I don't constantly get paired against players using the female fighters in those revealing costumes. I don't want to be embarrassed when people see me play the game.
You'll have to accept us eventually. We're not going anywhere. :p

Squire

Banned
]my main problem with this game is it's fanbase[/b].

Well, nice to meet you to.

xion4360

So maybe not. There aren't any comparisons out.

FYI for those who missed me posting it earlier in the thread, in Digital Foundry's analysis of Ninja Gaiden 3 (lead platform was also PS3), they concluded the game didn't run that great on either console and the PS3's edge was very slight/minimal. Not night/day better.

Framerate/screentearing wise no, but in every other way the difference was quite noticeable. In DOA5 framerate and tearing are great on both, but other differences are there like image quality. The fact of the mater is it does look better on ps3 even if its only slightly better, it does have the edge.

Squire

Banned
Framerate/screentearing wise no, but in every other way the difference was quite noticeable. In DOA5 framerate and tearing are great on both, but other differences are there like image quality. The fact of the mater is it does look better on ps3 even if its only slightly better, it does have the edge.

I'll take it as fact when I see both running side by side/read DF's analysis.

DR2K

Banned

Nah there's tons of serious players out there, you'll be fine. This is just some silly cheesecake.

Zephyrus

Banned

Yeah really. I love DOA but I'm one of the odd ones that doesn't actually use the female characters in those costumes.

When DOA5 was announced, Hayashi said they would change the direction and drop the sex-appeal like a bad habit... yeah right. Foolish of me to believe they would shun the majority of their fanbase.

A.E Suggs

Yeah really. I love DOA but I'm one of the odd ones that doesn't actually use the female characters in those costumes.

When DOA5 was announced, Hayashi said they would change the direction and drop the sex-appeal like a bad habit... yeah right. Foolish of me to believe they would shun the majority of their fanbase.

He never said he would drop it completely he said he would tone it done which I guess he did actually go back on his word on. Either way whats up with you people with self esteem issues? Forget DOA you aren't even doing regular gamers by being able to enjoy a game despite what people say. I'm gonna assume you won't be buying the game in person either right?

They also said that they would make this a competitive fighting game. I, too, was fooled.

Squire

Banned
He never said he would drop it completely he said he would tone it done which I guess he did actually go back on his word on. Either way whats up with you people with self esteem issues? Forget DOA you aren't even doing regular gamers by being able to enjoy a game despite what people say. I'm gonna assume you won't be buying the game in person either right?

I think he kept his word, largely. There are some outlandish swimsuits, but he said they'd make the women more realistic and they are. Go look at screens from any DOA before this; doll faces and breasts like watermelons. In 5 they're almost impossibly beautiful.

But they're believable.

Vazra

ONLINE TALK
Ikodomo from Free Step Dodge said:
Online Mode:
Simple Match - Basically quick match, you can set amount of rounds and region
Rank Match - set amount of rounds, region, and opponent strength max/min
Lobby Match - round, region, opponent strength, fight rules and fight type, up to 16 players
Leader Boards - you can download replays here
Fighter List - Rival System like SCV. If you view them as a rival after your match, it gives you stats on your win/loss ratio against them. You can also send them throwdowns or invites to your game. Also able to remove them if you want.

When you search or create your lobby, hover over fight rules and you will be given these options: Winner stays, Loser Stays, Tournament, kumite, and online dojo. In fight type, there's solo and tag fight. Haven't found any tag rooms with 2 players in one team atm so I'm not sure. When you're in Arcade, Time Attack and Survival mode, an icon will appear in the bottom right letting you know you have a challenger who is waiting to play with you. You could either choose to ignore it and will disappear shortly or you could select it and you will be able to play that opponent (you have no clue who you are playing until you join their room). I am trouble connecting through players from Throwdown as of now, but i'm hoping to see that dissolve once the game officially comes

Source

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Anyone else preorder on NewEgg? I chose 3 day shipping, are they knwon to ship out before the release date?

Squire

Banned
FreeStepDodge said:
I'll rephrase, the chances of actually unlocking that costume upon encountering and defeating them in that costume are 30%.

It's similar to the chances of encountering the Flan Princesses (Pink Puffs) and getting the Pink Tail to get the Adamantite armor in Final Fantasy 4... except you don't have any items to help boost that chance.

!!!!!

Yeah, there's no way. Uh uh. Not for me, anyway.

Zephyrus

Banned
self esteem issues?

What?

If you're not embarrassed by that stuff, good for you. I am. I'll play the game regardless, but I'd rather play online and not have everyone who walks into my room (and this is the room with the most movement in my house) and give me a wierd look as if I'm some creep by playing a game where the female characters are almost naked.

I hate misunderstandings. I hate them because I'm seriously unlucky on how I manage to end in one of them almost every day.

Squire

Banned
self esteem issues?

What?

If you're not embarrassed by that stuff, good for you. I am. I'll play the game regardless, but I'd rather play online and not have everyone who walks into my room (and this is the room with the most movement in my house) and give me a wierd look as if I'm some creep by playing a game where the female characters are almost naked.

I hate misunderstandings. I hate them because I'm seriously unlucky on how I manage to end in one of them almost every day.

They're called "communication skills"; develop some.

Seriously, no offense, but your post was like a guy walking into a room where s party's being held and insulting everyone.

It's cool if you find the game embarrassing; that's your prerogative. But you opened with an insult.

A.E Suggs

I think he kept his word, largely. There are some outlandish swimsuits, but he said they'd make the women more realistic and they are. Go look at screens from any DOA before this; doll faces and breasts like watermelons. In 5 they're almost impossibly beautiful.

But they're believable.

Quite true, he just made me a little angry there for a second there.

Zephyrus

Banned
They're called "communication skills"; develop some.

Seriously, no offense, but your post was like a guy walking into a room where s party's being held and insulting everyone.

It's cool if you find the game embarrassing; that's your prerogative. But you opened with an insult.

why? This game does give the idea of havinga fanbase made up of a lot of pervs.

Just check this thread. Most talked subject are the girls costumes...

Squire

Banned
Quite true, he just made me a little angry there for a second there.

Understandable.

Liking costumes makes you a perv now?

Costumes are my favorite unlockables in any game. I also think they're one of the best forms of DLC because they're purely cosmetic.

I beat Resident Evil 4 and was happy to unlock Leon's cop uniform. I like that character. I beat arcade mode in DOA with Helena and get a costume for her. I like her too. Sure, I think she's pretty. Pretty sexy! I'm a heterosexual male with a pulse. I don't sleep with a DOA poster on my ceiling, but just because I'm not a completely asexual saint doesn't make me a pervert. That goes for everybody in here.

Vazra

I see people talking about gameplay, Story mode, outfits, people trying to get into the game and future DLC. Yes there is fan service and there might be pervs but you can't judge a game for what might be a minority and by that minority judge most of the players around. Its rude.

Most talk of the girls costumes etc comes usually more from the Xtreme games which those are extreme fanservice.

DR2K

Banned

Like 2 people in this thread total have it, all that's left are leaks and spoilers.

Zephyrus

Banned
Ohhh shit dude, they're gonna jump on you.

Now they're pervs? Come on man.

I'm not calling anyone in specific, a pervert.

If you take that as an insult, then you need to sit and think about yourself a bit.

But it is true. I speak from my experience. The people I know who are buying this game are a bit... well imagine a female repelant.

Well, a lot of the people who have the game right now aren't exactly pro players (at least not the ones leaking stuff). So it's not like they can give detailed, accurate descriptions of gameplay.

DR2K

Banned

If you take that as an insult, then you need to sit and think about yourself a bit.

But it is true. I speak from my experience. The people I know who are buying this game are a bit... well imagine a female repelant.

Don't use their controller.

Skilletor

Stop projecting your experience on the posters here. That's called stereotyping.

Ferrio

Banned

Not ashamed one bit to admit I'm buying this game for that reason. I got TTT2 to keep me occupied for more serious matters.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Is that why this is pretty much the fighting game with the most serious female players? :lol Highly repellent. I'm being serious.

Zephyrus

Banned
I see people talking about gameplay, Story mode, outfits, people trying to get into the game and future DLC. Yes there is fan service and there might be pervs but you can't judge a game for what might be a minority and by that minority judge all the players around. Its rude.

Most talk of the girls costumes etc comes usually more from the Xtreme games which those are extreme fanservice.

Oh I'm not judging the game. I think it is awesome.

Zephyrus

Banned
Stop projecting your experience on the posters here. That's called stereotyping.

well, you're right about that. I do tend to do that a lot.

My bad if I insulted anyone in this thread. Wasn't my intention.

I was just mentioning some of my fears while playing this game.

edit: double post... T.T Sorry

Top Bottom