• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Is there no character customization or endless battle mode (Quest/Ghost Battle)?

There is survival mode.
There is no customization but there is some accessories for the characters. (Not exactly a lot btw)

well, you're right about that. I do tend to do that a lot.

My bad if I insulted anyone in this thread. Wasn't my intention.

I was just mentioning some of my fears while playing this game.

edit: double post... T.T Sorry

I don't really have issues with the things you said, the thing is that you made most people around here sound like they are pervs. You can call "some" people perverts the thing is knowing how to properly say things without being offensive or generalizing a community. People will get offended and snap back at ya. I know there are some who might be pervs but I have seen tons of people that love the game for the gameplay.

I hope you have fun with the game and any questions we are happy to help people get into the game the better.

Squire

Banned
So if this does well, ya think Koei Temco would port the other 4 games to the PS3 or PSN? And the Xtremes?

Not a chance. If this does well, on to Xtreme 3. KT isn't large enough to put people on that stuff and NT is clearly busy. Like, nobody's going on vacation after DOA5 is out.

Don't mind him he has been whining since the beginning.
Whining so that they actually made this a solid fighter. Despite getting input from really smart players on what the issues were, and still are, they did almost nothing to address them. The biggest flaws DOA has had are still present in DOA5.

What is the problem?
Simply put: you're afraid to attack 99% of the time, even if you've already successfully hit your opponent. Good offense is rewarded with... shit. Every other fighter rewards you with more offense.

Don't believe me? Look at this PROMOTIONAL video they put out last week of an internal tournament on the final version of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7EOHFZ5BmQ Look at how often these people are reluctant to attack after landing successful attacks. This is DOA's major flaw and several steps are necessary to resolve it, all of which have been communicated to Team Ninja on multiple occasions, however they did barely anything to actually correct those flaws.

DR2K

Banned
Hm, figured that would be one of the first things to leak. Assuming you unlock her by completing the story, unless it takes something?

No it has something to do with titles. Don't know what though.

Whining so that they actually made this a solid fighter. Despite getting input from really smart players on what the issues were, and still are, they did almost nothing to address them. The biggest flaws DOA has had are still present in DOA5.

Simply put: you're afraid to attack 99% of the time, even if you've already successfully hit your opponent. Good offense is rewarded with... shit. Every other fighter rewards you with more offense.

Learn your characters guaranteed set ups, natural combos, and maximize damage off of regular launchers. They're there, if you choose not to utilize them then the burden is on you.

Hmm out of curiosity did they ever mention why they decided the breast reduction? I know it has no effect on the gameplay, but they never seemed like a company that would de-sexualize something especially after what they did in NG 2 S. Either way hope the game is good can't wait to buy it.

raven777

Hmm out of curiosity did they ever mention why they decided the breast reduction? I know it has no effect on the gameplay, but they never seemed like a company that would de-sexualize something especially after what they did in NG 2 S. Either way hope the game is good can't wait to buy it.

they mentioned that they want less attention on sexual part and more attention on actual gameplay.

why? This game does give the idea of havinga fanbase made up of a lot of pervs.

Just check this thread. Most talked subject are the girls costumes...

The game has been known from the PSOne for having tons of costumes and is arguably the reason so many fighting games have them and make them a big deal now.

I think it feels more like DOA3 than DOA4 honestly. DOA4 was difficult, and everything here feels better. I still don't have my copy, so I'm waiting until Tuesday before I play it again.

Esura

Banned
Not a chance. If this does well, on to Xtreme 3. KT isn't large enough to put people on that stuff and NT is clearly busy. Like, nobody's going on vacation after DOA5 is out.

Well they should make a Xtreme 3. Especially with these models.

Oh well, since I own a 360 now I should go DOA collection hunting after playing Dimensions and seeing what I see on DOA5.

Don't believe me? Look at this PROMOTIONAL video they put out last week of an internal tournament on the final version of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7EOHFZ5BmQ Look at how often these people are reluctant to attack after landing successful attacks. This is DOA's major flaw and several steps are necessary to resolve it, all of which have been communicated to Team Ninja on multiple occasions, however they did barely anything to actually correct those flaws.

DOA isn't like any other fighter. Doesn't really seem like a flaw either.

they mentioned that they want less attention on sexual part and more attention on actual gameplay.

lol I guess they forgot what was their main selling point. Oh well I always liked DOA so it doesn't bother mean just takes some getting use since Ayane( my fav character) just looks weird to me now lol.

Vazra

lol I guess they forgot what was their main selling point. Oh well I always liked DOA so it doesn't bother mean just takes some getting use since Ayane( my fav character) just looks weird to me now lol.

Generalizing much?

lPVrb.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41762655&postcount=645
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41766504&postcount=664
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41768804&postcount=696

He has a reason to trash talk lol. Team Ninja ordered him to not put online content that wasn't supposed to be floating online and deleted his videos and he is salty.

DOA isn't like any other fighter. Doesn't really seem like a flaw either.
Player: Oh man, I out-played my opponent's defense, what's my reward?
Team Ninja:
jaalU.gif

"Different" isn't necessarily good. It's like if I successfully shot an opponent in a shooter and my "reward" was to take damage. That's how ass-backwards this game is.

Vazra

Team Ninja:

"Different" isn't necessarily good. It's like if I successfully shot an opponent in a shooter and my "reward" was to take damage. That's how ass-backwards this game is.

There are options. Learn to play the game the way its meant to be played or simply move on to other fighters that might be more your cup of tea.

Team Ninja:
jaalU.gif

So you rather have a game where both players just throw out their fastest safest move over and over and the first person who makes a mistake gets juggled for 40% damage? Go play Tekken then.

Makoto

So how many iterations has this perceived issue been a problem for you in this franchise?

DR2K

Banned
Team Ninja:
jaalU.gif

Damage. And the more you do it, the more you get.

Makoto

Probably every single game after the DOA1/DOA++?
If that's the case, then it seems like waste of time to continually complain about a perceived "problem," that has been inherent to the franchise since its inception. It comes off like someone complaining that the biggest flaw with Battlefield as a FPS is that it has vehicles.

"Every other fighter rewards you with more offense." That's such a weird statement given that because the clear response seems to be, "Well then why do you care so much about what DoA is doing if what you're looking for is, like you said, in 'every other fighter'?"

Ninjimbo

Though I understand what he's saying, I'm pretty sure you can punish reversal spam. And it's not like you can reverse out of all staggers. I'm positive there are guaranteed launchers and combos.

If you have a problem with your attacks not being safe, then DOA isn't a fighter for you. This is how it's been since the beginning.

neohwa

Super happy to hear that this game has the rival system aka SC5. thanks pupi.

I absolutely love to see all the stats for myself and other players like win/lose ratio, play time, character usage, etc. it really was one of the best new features introduced in SC5.

DOA5 really is looking to be the best fighter yet, can't wait!

neohwa

Why is this DOA again rated M while TTT2 was rated T?

I feel this has always limited the sales of the DOA series and it's not fair. I'm calling the ESRB to complain about this!

DR2K

Banned

I feel this has always limited the sales of the DOA series and it's not fair. I'm calling the ESRB to complain about this!

I read the ESRB rating, I don't know what exactly makes it an M rated game compared to Tekken, VF, or SC.

DEATH™

Probably because that christie swimwear is borderline hentai?

I understand the complaint if it only the CE swimsuits but that unlockable swimwears there are a bit too much... It's on NSFW category already...

neohwa

The girls are portrayed more sexualized, it's the skimpy swimsuits and huge jiggling tits that does it.

well but SC in many cases are "worse". and TTT2 had 200 swimsuits for everyone not just female! if anything they should be rated M.

I want to work at ESRB so I can play all these games but not really doing the job right. :O

DR2K

Banned
DEATH™;42380056 said:

I understand the complaint if it only the CE swimsuits but that unlockable swimwears there are a bit too much... It's on NSFW category already...

If you added shoulder pads and a whip it would have been Ivy's SCIV costume.

well but SC in many cases are "worse". and TTT2 had 200 swimsuits for everyone not just female! if anything they should be rated M.

I want to work at ESRB so I can play all these games but not really doing the job right. :O

Isn't SC rated M? Especially Ivy's outfit in SC4...

neohwa

DEATH™;42380056 said:

but I read those rare swimsuits are impossible to get though. like getting a platinum in NG2 haha.

I doubt ESRB worked that hard to get them...... :p

DEATH™

Actually, 150 is a bit inflated... 50+ chars x 3 swimsuit variants = +150 but they are all the same recolored fundoshis. if you don't count that, it's probably just less than 20, and those are something that you actually see at your local beach...

Again, if it weren't for that unlockable "swimwear", and the all-angle camera, maybe you could argue... but...

but I read those rare swimsuits are impossible to get though. like getting a platinum in NG2 haha.

I doubt ESRB worked that hard to get them...... :p

Developers give ESRB the game where everything is unlocked so nothing undesirable will pass... so...

Top Bottom