• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

ubercheez

Not a fan of the sunflower dress, but as long as there are plenty of options, it's all good. Really can't complain after they gave us Kasumi's amazing Hayabusa-style costume.

I Imagine this will be my experience trying to get those Rare Bikinis
tumblr_mab1nkYos51qkvue8o1_500.gif

;___;

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Metal using the same avatar as me. Makes me confused. :/

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If someone feels like giving me the Amazon code for the Bunny Devils for my excellent work on the OT I'll gladly accept it.
*puppy face*

Moofers

I have the CE pre-ordered at Gamestop and I'm starting to waver on getting it. I've been real busy lately and have only had time for about 6 or so hours of Tekken Tag 2 since I bought it, so I'm starting to feel like I'll be spending $80 for DOA5 to sit on my shelf. :/

I dunno though. That VF crossover is hard to resist. Plus, teh boobz.... BTW, this series needs a girl with some ASS. So far all the shots show these little asses that are nice, but nothing really round and large enough to bounce a quarter off of. I'm not asking for ghetto booty here, just something a bit thick and juicy!

branny

Just adding to what someone else said--Newegg's 3-Day usually ships things out a day before release date for me, so the game arrives a day after it's officially out. It's pretty quick considering it's free. I've heard some people even get theirs on the day it comes out occasionally.

DR2K

Banned
I have the CE pre-ordered at Gamestop and I'm starting to waver on getting it. I've been real busy lately and have only had time for about 6 or so hours of Tekken Tag 2 since I bought it, so I'm starting to feel like I'll be spending $80 for DOA5 to sit on my shelf. :/

I dunno though. That VF crossover is hard to resist. Plus, teh boobz.... BTW, this series needs a girl with some ASS. So far all the shots show these little asses that are nice, but nothing really round and large enough to bounce a quarter off of. I'm not asking for ghetto booty here, just something a bit thick and juicy!

Well it'll be a rare CE, so if for whatever reason it does sit on your shelf then at least you'll make money off of it, lol.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QSF97I/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Luckily for you, DOA is a game that after about 20 minutes of playtime (especially for someone who plays other fighters) you should be able to perform anything you want, have a full grasp of the system, and can go straight into learning the mindgames.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I did the newegg pre-order as well, and usually I get it about 2 days after release, so I should get it Thursday. I've not had one ship early yet....not saying that they won't start.

Just adding to what someone else said--Newegg's 3-Day usually ships things out a day before release date for me, so the game arrives a day after it's officially out. It's pretty quick considering it's free. I've heard some people even get theirs on the day it comes out occasionally.

thanks!~

Mr Jared

Hey all. Just wanted to give a quick heads up.. if you're planning on streaming, or know anyone who is planning on streaming Dead or Alive 5 come launch day pm Twitch.tv, I received word from the folks handling PR for Tecmo that there is a coverage embargo in place until 6AM PDT, September 25. Yes, that is six hours after the game is officially released here on the West Coast.

So if you pick it up at a midnight release or even find the game early, please hold off until then. We always try and respect the wishes of publishers and developers and the last thing I want to see are channels getting closed for streaming a game that is officially released come midnight :(

Would there be a problem? I'm off at 5:30PST from work, might not get home till 6:30PST = 9:30EST.
Maybe. If more people sign up, I can probably put you in the last bracket and you'll be fine.

I was hoping to see some DOA videos that aren't story mode related. Oh well, just 4 more days. I just hope my Gamestop does a midnight launch since I'll be busy until 6:00pm on Tuesday :\

Big Chungus

Is this game easier to play than Virtua Fighter 5 or Marvel vs Capcom 3?

I don't play fighters much but this game looks pretty fun.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hey all. Just wanted to give a quick heads up.. if you're planning on streaming, or know anyone who is planning on streaming Dead or Alive 5 come launch day pm Twitch.tv, I received word from the folks handling PR for Tecmo that there is a coverage embargo in place until 6AM PDT, September 25. Yes, that is six hours after the game is officially released here on the West Coast.

So if you pick it up at a midnight release or even find the game early, please hold off until then. We always try and respect the wishes of publishers and developers and the last thing I want to see are channels getting closed for streaming a game that is officially released come midnight :(

You guys should have a little page that announces when new releases can be streamed. Would probably prevent a ton of closed down stuff. Then again people would do it still anyways that are stubborn

Ken

Zeph's worries are fair ones I think. I have nieces who are often trying to sneak a peek at what I'm playing and I have to tell them to go away. I have no posters in my room for anything or some hentai collection, but I do feel a bit "bleh" if they were to catch a peek of the girls in swimsuits.

Zeph you should put a piece of paper on the door and write a warning for people. "Warning: Playing a fighting game that has lots of sexuality. Don't judge me."

Just say you bought the game for Ryu.

Is it really? If so I'm going to have a lot to look forward to on Tuesday.

Mr Jared

You guys should have a little page that announces when new releases can be streamed. Would probably prevent a ton of closed down stuff. Then again people would do it still anyways that are stubborn

I plan on issuing an update the night of, but for the most part, embargo takedowns are extremely rare. We work with both sides to ensure it doesn't happen, but the problem is that, seeing as how Twitch is still establishing itself, we tend to hear about these things when a publisher is upset and wants us to do something about it. We never just shut down a channel, however, as our volunteer admins are trained to get the broadcasters attention and ask them to stop streaming the game while explaining the situation.

No one ever wants to actually punish the broadcaster. Copyright holders can simply issue a DMCA if they really wanted to be mean about it, but in our experience that has been even more rare than folks breaking embargoes they didn't know existed to begin with.

Is this game easier to play than Virtua Fighter 5 or Marvel vs Capcom 3?

I don't play fighters much but this game looks pretty fun.

My wife, who doesn't like or play video games at all, loves playing DOA because she feels like a pro playing it. You will enjoy the game.

It's funny too because she will pick and play characters based on which outfits she likes lol

Skilletor

How hard is DoA compared to Tekken, because I can't get into the latter at all.

It's like going from trying to put together a car with no instructions to building whatever you want with legos.

DoA is about mindgames, no execution.

Luckily for you, DOA is a game that after about 20 minutes of playtime (especially for someone who plays other fighters) you should be able to perform anything you want, have a full grasp of the system, and can go straight into learning the mindgames.

This, pretty much.

alstein

That description really makes it sound like it's the fighting game I'm looking for- though I keep having this creeping feeling that it's not going to be what I invision it to me.

One irony is that the closer a game gets to what I want, the more I get salty over it. I can laugh off games I consider fraudulent, but VF gives me massive salt.

I'll be downloading this Tuesday (on PSN)

GrayFoxPL

That description really makes it sound like it's the fighting game I'm looking for- though I keep having this creeping feeling that it's not going to be what I invision it to me.

One irony is that the closer a game gets to what I want, the more I get salty over it. I can laugh off games I consider fraudulent, but VF gives me massive salt.

I'll be downloading this Tuesday (on PSN)

You never played the series? There were like 6 installments before.

DR2K

Banned
Please show me someone who's gonna pay $300 for the NGS2 "Collector's Edition" brand new.

This is not going to be a rare CE.

I can't even show you anyone willing to pay MSRP for games.

It'll be a limited print being a Gamestop exclusive.

In terms of inputs, it's just what you're looking for. But there are still going to be a few system choices and move properties that will annoy you.

Moofers

Ok, I'm cracking. I'll go pick up my CE on Tuesday. I love me some fighting games. I hope the boss is as awesome as the one in Tekken Tag 2 and even moreso, DOA Ultimate. That thing where he stomps his foot and changes the entire season of the stage was mind-blowing.

DR2K

Banned
How hard is DoA compared to Tekken, because I can't get into the latter at all.

Everything in DOA is exponentially easier to do than in Tekken. Juggles, movement, throws, spacing, punishment, learning you characters movelist, etc. . .

Ok, I'm cracking. I'll go pick up my CE on Tuesday. I love me some fighting games. I hope the boss is as awesome as the one in Tekken Tag 2 and even moreso, DOA Ultimate. That thing where he stomps his foot and changes the entire season of the stage was mind-blowing.
Agreed. I absolutely hate Tengu (both his boss form and in DOA4), but that move of his was amazing to watch. I wish Team Ninja had incorporated something similar in other stages.

Top Bottom