• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Skilletor

Ok, I'm cracking. I'll go pick up my CE on Tuesday. I love me some fighting games. I hope the boss is as awesome as the one in Tekken Tag 2 and even moreso, DOA Ultimate. That thing where he stomps his foot and changes the entire season of the stage was mind-blowing.

I forgot all about that! That was amazing back in the day.

Ok, I'm cracking. I'll go pick up my CE on Tuesday. I love me some fighting games. I hope the boss is as awesome as the one in Tekken Tag 2 and even moreso, DOA Ultimate. That thing where he stomps his foot and changes the entire season of the stage was mind-blowing.
Sorry.

But you can carelessly kill numerous innocent people on several trains during the course of your fisticuffs in the city stage.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Got my CE pre-ordered . . .

what's this about unlocking swimsuits?

There are *Rare* swimsuits that from what it seems are super skimpy and in order to obtain them you need to beat the girl with the swimsuit on Legendary and even if you beat her there is a 30% chance of getting it.

alstein

You never played the series? There were like 6 installments before.

It was always on systems I never owned, or I was playing other things. I got to button mash the game a couple of times when I was in the military, that's it.

I've played more Toshinden than DOA.

dreamfall

Not sure if its Arcade or Time Attack. If I find the info I'll update you. (Keep checking the thread)

I'm wondering if you lose the match to the girl with the swimsuit on if you can retry until you win (and even then, 30% is low!). Something about it being on "Legendary" suggests it's a one shot deal, but who knows!

Sigh. The 25th needs to come now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I would like about the pictures too but nothing has been mentioned on FSD where I have been hanging out for the info.

Makoto

Now this is unacceptable (from FSD):
Of particular importance is the fact that immediately upon launching into the online menu, you hear Chosen1's song. I am NOT pleased about that, given there is no way to change it or turn it off. Custom soundtracks on the 360 ftmfw.

KAOS

Loving Rigs! Didn't know story mode was also mission mode. Had to turn off the action camera & hit effect. My eyes was seeing to much shimmering and jaggies with them on (360 version). Classic camera type 4 me! Finished story mode... it's not bad. Now to figure out how to unlock some stuff. Got Rigs third costume in survival mode

DR2K

Banned

reverse-1253886001_office-no.gif

Makoto

Hm.

Can you not do fight request from training?
Yes, you can do fight request from training.

Yeah it sucks. I know it goes away right after you go into the character select so its all not so bad. plus the mute button is your friend. There was a video where I saw this happen. Said video also has alpha in it too, I'll fetch a link unless someone else does first

Edit: Here is said video http://youtu.be/37z0TSoREns?t=3m35s Go to the start of the video for Alpha
The very least Team Ninja could have done was just give us the off-vocal portion as the background music. Personally, I'll probably turn off the music because I'm not really feeling what I've heard of DoA5's soundtrack.

Esura

Banned

Who is Chosen1 and is the song that bad?

This cool kat from my local Gamestop is saying they holding a midnight launch for Fifa (didn't know it was that hot like that) but I could just come up there and get my DOA5 CE. Straight awesome.

Mesharey

I've been playing for 7 hours non stop. O_O
I have to sleep now so quick things:
- the game is SUPER smooth.
- graphics look better than alpha build.
- it's hard if you play it like DOA4 (if you play on hard and above), I didn't do a single CB, and when I use PB it makes the match easier (was playing with friends so no time for training).
- Sarah is my main in VF but here I'm having a hard time to win in Hard, and no problem when I choose Ayane and Hitomi (my mains).
- ahem .. they "move" in story cut scenes even if the girls walk !! didn't like that at all, they say "hands on" huh ..
- I'm not really sure but I think VF characters have 2 costumes only (3rd is bikini), finished hard with Sarah and nothing unlocked.
- There's a stage (Fighting Entertainment) for Tag and it's good, it's calm and at morning.
- Kasumi's "Gaiden" costume could be number 5 or more.
- Hitomi's safari costume is playable.
- Mila is not easy use and she has many throws, Rig is niiice to play with (his costumes aren't good though).

I'll try to add some more when I wake up, BTW, unlocked 5 costumes for Ayane and we saw all of them, I hope there's more and a costume that was not revealed.

Esura

Banned
- it's hard if you play it like DOA4, I didn't do a single CB and PB makes the match easier (was playing with friends so no time for training).
- Sarah is my main in VF but here I'm having a hard time to win in Hard, and no problem when I choose Ayane and Hitomi (my mains).
- ahem .. they "move" in story cut scenes even if the girls walk !! didn't like that at all, they say "hands on" huh ..
- I'm not really sure but I think VF characters only have 2 costumes only (3rd is bikini), finished hard with Sarah and nothing unlocked.
- There's a stage (Fighting Entertainment) for Tag and it's good, it's calm and at morning.

I'll try to add some more when I wake up, BTW, unlocked 5 costumes for Ayane and we saw all of them, I hope there's more and a costume that was not revealed.

Nice! Man, the 25th can't get here fast enough.

Oh, when this game comes out, anyone willing to sell their PS3 DOA Devil codes? I have this feeling they wont be DLC down the line.

shiroryu

- it's hard if you play it like DOA4 (if you play on hard and above), I didn't do a single CB, and when I use PB it makes the match easier (was playing with friends so no time for training).
- I'm not really sure but I think VF characters have 2 costumes only (3rd is bikini), finished hard with Sarah and nothing unlocked.
- Mila is not easy use and she has many throws, Rig is niiice to play with (his costumes aren't good though).

How's training mode?

Squire

Banned
Nice! Man, the 25th can't get here fast enough.

Oh, when this game comes out, anyone willing to sell their PS3 DOA Devil codes? I have this feeling they wont be DLC down the line.

They will be. Their last three games had DLC.

EDIT: Well, NG2, NGS2, and NG3 (so three games, but not consecutively.)

raven777

Can I change the preorder shipping from Gamestop?

I did 2 days but I am seriously considering changing it to overnight so I can get it on 25th.

Esura

Banned
They will be. Their last three games had DLC.

EDIT: Well, NG2, NGS2, and NG3 (so three games, but not consecutively.)

Cool. Hopefully no DLC characters though. Don't mind more DLC bikinis.

I still wanna buy someone's Amazon preorder code if they are willing though. :p

Top Bottom