• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How good are you? Im curious. Where would you say you rank from F-SS

I'm not the most experience playing against people (Haven't had much chances to play console DOA vs people) but I think I'm a B. I'm not Bad but not definitely not the best since I lack practice against actual people and I know my strategy will definitely change when I approach people.

I don't really count my DOA: Dimensions online experience since most of the times people that are playing thegame are not exactly good. Mostly spammers that I can handle easily but I have had my ass kicked badly by a few ones.

I hope I can play more this time since free online on Ps3 and I got some people to play with now here in GAF. I'll be getting my ass kicked probably but I'll learn from that.

EDIT: You can help me train online since you probably know more than me and we both use Kokoro :p

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Just played this for about an hour, I'm pretty disappointed with this. After the amount of time I've put into DOAU2 and 4 I was looking forward to this a bit. It feels like the same old crap. I'll give it a shot again someday when it gets a lot cheaper. It runs smooth on PS3 at least and I love that they kept the thing if you pick random characters and stage it keeps switching at rematch.
Don't murder me gaf.

You are upset that a fighting game kept the same mechanics that kept you playing the opder ones? What were youbexpecting them todotothe game?

xion4360

I'm not the most experience playing against people (not a lot of people here played the game) but I think I'm a B I'm not Bad but not the best since I lack practice against actual people.

I don't really count my DOA: Dimensions online experience since most of the times people that are playing thegame are not exactly good. Mostly spammers that I can handle easily but I have had my ass kicked badly by a few ones.

I hope I can play more this time since free online on Ps3 and I got some people to play with now here in GAF. I'll be getting my ass kicked probably but I'll learn from that.

Cool well you already have me on your friends list so hopefully we can play without much lag, we are pretty far. Im looking forward to getting back into DOA a bit more seriously. I haven't played 4 online in a while (also no online XD)

EDIT: Yup Kokoro is my main but I use a few others seriously too. Im sure we'll both pick up some moves

Vazra

Cool well you already have me on your friends list so hopefully we can play without much lag, we are pretty far. Im looking forward to getting back into DOA a bit more seriously. I haven't played 4 online in a while (also no online XD)

EDIT: Yup Kokoro is my main but I use a few others seriously too. Im sure we'll both pick up some moves

I use Eliot as Second Main (The few people I've played with say I should focus more on him since I apparently play him better) Hitomi 3rd but might get kicked to 4th spot or 5th depending how Mila plays and considering giving Leifang a try since I like some of her changes.

Obviously getting more training partners can help before getting into Ranked Matches.

Soi-Fong

Will be getting my CE tomorrow. Getting the PS3 version and hope to play online with some of you guys here!

Never played online and I'm horrible at fighters, but you gotta start somewhere. ;)

PSN: Asane

Just played this for about an hour, I'm pretty disappointed with this. After the amount of time I've put into DOAU2 and 4 I was looking forward to this a bit. It feels like the same old crap. I'll give it a shot again someday when it gets a lot cheaper. It runs smooth on PS3 at least and I love that they kept the thing if you pick random characters and stage it keeps switching at rematch.
Don't murder me gaf.
This... has me super excited. I loved that old crap. Tomorrow can't come fast eno~ugh!

xion4360

I use Eliot as Second Main (The few people I've played with say I should focus more on him since I apparently play him better) Hitomi 3rd but might get kicked to 4th spot or 5th depending how Mila plays and considering giving Leifang a try since I like some of her changes.

Obviously getting more training partners can help before getting into Ranked Matches.

lol we play the same characters (except Leifang dont play her too well) I also play Kasumi and Ayane, probably picking up Rig and Mila as well. But after like 12 years of Playing DOA I guess I could play any character well enough.

Cant wait!

Vazra

lol we play the same characters (except Leifang dont play her too well) I also play Kasumi and Ayane, probably picking up Rig and Mila as well.

Cant wait!

We'll if you are up for training just send me a message on PSN. (Same goes for anyone else that would like to train)

Vazra

damn as soon as tekken came out there were multiple streams available. Dead or alive comes out and nothing

Can't be stream until 6am or something like it.

There were around 3-5 streams before Launch and twitch took em down.

Damn, as soon as tekken came out there were multiple streams availible. Dead or alive comes out and nothing

It's barely been 20 mins... Plus there was streams of broken release date copies as well. And this whole thread the past few pages has been about those leaks and streams. Which is how we got all of the story mode, costumes, rare swimsuits all before release.
At least let people drive home and get the shrink wrap off of the game

Quick search for Gamestop's midnight launch for FIFA showed that the store I preordered at is doing one, so all should be good for me to leave in like 30 minutes.

Time moves goddamned SLOW!

As much as I want DoA5, if the netcode isnt good, Im not gonna buy it.
Since buying MvC3 on the assumption its online would be as good as SSF4 (dumb me), I NEVER buy a fighting game without knowing how the online is first.
Hopefully good reports will roll in soon.

Yuripaw

Banned
Twitch cops are on full alert tonight. Understandably so.

I'm sorry, but what the hell? By what right do they have to do this? I can understand...don't show movies on a stream, but a video game? People aren't playing the stream, and by all rights the game is legally released tonight, so it's not being shown early.

Makoto

I'm sorry, but what the hell? By what right do they have to do this? I can understand...don't show movies on a stream, but a video game? People aren't playing the stream, and by all rights the game is legally released tonight, so it's not being shown early.
They're on orders to comply with TecmoKoei's request of no coverage until 6AM PST of the release day. You'll have to take that up with TecmoKoei.

Vazra

They got orders from Tecmo that no one can't stream til 6am. Weird but yeah...

Esura

Banned
Did anyone else's CE covering (the plastic thing over the metal case book) look like it just went through hell and back? The ones I saw at Gamestop looked all roughed up. However the metal case and the contents are pristine. Its weird.

I got my PS3 CE, got the bikini code out, went to redeem, PSN is under maintenance.

Fuck my life. :(

Vazra

Did anyone else's CE covering (the plastic thing over the metal case book) look like it just went through hell and back? The ones I saw at Gamestop looked all roughed up. However the metal case and the contents are pristine. Its weird.

I got my PS3 CE, got the bikini code out, went to redeem, PSN is under maintenance.

Fuck my life. :(

SMH XD

Vazra

What is the "common" button layout for arcade sticks?

0.jpg

Jayhawk

I have played for a few hours now, mostly in story mode. I like the Mortal Kombat-esque style of story mode and the bonus challenges involved with each fight. I like the quality of the graphics. The random boob jiggles during cutscenes make me laugh.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is the game freezing for anyone else on PS3? I downloaded the 1.03 patch and it runs fine until I play a few matches then it hard locks and I dunno why. :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This was sometimes common in DOA4. Usually associated with someone quitting.

Given PSN is under maintenance so I can't redeem my online pass, I'm playing offline. It's happened in Survival and Versus mode and I don't know why.

Ken

apparently i didn't pre-order it early enough

which wouldn't have been a big deal, if i had known not to bother with the midnight release

Kind of a bad move to still let you pre-order something and then tell you your pre-order was meaningless on launch day.

Jayhawk

Given PSN is under maintenance so I can't redeem my online pass, I'm playing offline. It's happened in Survival and Versus mode and I don't know why.

Did you choose to install the game? The music was cutting in and out before I installed the game, and after that everything was smoother.

Top Bottom