• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

I agree with the previous poster that this game's soundtrack is middling and forgettable blah, but totally disagree with the unfavorable comparison to TTT2's OST.

That game's soundtrack is offensively bad. Every track sounds the same (GarageBand dub step all night long!), there's no sense of melody or drama that relates the music to the fight, and the incredible talents on the roster are simply put to total waste (Nobuyoshi Sano ;_;)

Easily the worst OST in the Tekken series. Sadly, these past few years have been kind to fighters in every area but soundtracks. Not much memorable stuff this gen.

Esura

Banned
Ok...I see what people mean about Ranked. Goddamn slideshow.

Maybe I should stick with the Player Matches with those on my friend list.

I agree with the previous poster that this game's soundtrack is middling and forgettable blah, but totally disagree with the unfavorable comparison to TTT2's OST.

That game's soundtrack is offensively bad. Every track sounds the same (GarageBand dub step all night long!), there's no sense of melody or drama that relates the music to the fight, and the incredible talents on the roster are simply put to total waste (Nobuyoshi Sano ;_;)

Easily the worst OST in the Tekken series. Sadly, these past few years have been kind to fighters in every area but soundtracks. Not much memorable stuff this gen.

I liked Unknown's stage track, especially with the way it transitions from Jun's stage to hers.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

I disagree with you, but it doesn't even matter- you can integrate whatever songs you want to with Tekken Tunes and that feature alone would rate the sound a 10/10 from me.

kuroshiki

I generally dislike tekken soundtrack too. OP and midnight wilderness were rad, though.

KageMaru

I'm enjoying the story mode so far, I just can't wait to unlock everyone so I can start playing online. Is there a source detailing how to unlock all the outfits?

I'm losing to a lot of Jann Lees with Ayane and Kasumi. Damn.

So things really haven't changed much from DoA4 huh? Jann Lee, Gen Fu, Zack, and the ninjas is all it seemed people picked in DoA4. It became so old and annoying.

zlatko

Banned
I ended up going with Borderlands 2 last night. I figured I can complete the 30 some hour campaign for that, then trade it in for 30 bucks to pay for DOA5. Maybe in that time the game will have a patch for the netcode again.

Is the online not that good? :(
It's a damn shame, sis.

shaking-my-head-picture.gif

vocab

Um...is it normal to play someone in a ranked match and for them to do nothing other than block? I don't get it. I got two Greats on this dude. What the hell was he trying to do?

afk?

Also, the ost is pretty forgettable. That rap song is a dick kicker imo. I like the stages a lot more though.

Mr_eX

So things really haven't changed much from DoA4 huh? Jann Lee, Gen Fu, Zack, and the ninjas is all it seemed people picked in DoA4. It became so old and annoying.

Why was it annoying? Most of the people picking them fought the same and they were super easy to beat.

Esura

Banned
I'm enjoying the story mode so far, I just can't wait to unlock everyone so I can start playing online. Is there a source detailing how to unlock all the outfits?

You unlock most of the outfits by just using the character in Arcade, Time Attack, or Survival mode. You need 100 titles for Pai and you unlock Akira and Sarah in Story Mode. You also get two Kasumi outfits during Story Mode.

I never played DOA4 online so I can't say but a lot of people picking Jann Lee in Ranked.

When I pick Kasumi or Ayane I just can't seem to get in on them.

Whoa whoa whoa. The PSN Digital copy doesn't come with an Online Pass?!?

Considering that online passes are used to curb used games, having an online pass for digital copies is entirely pointless. Although I think online passes are pointless regardless but I digress.

Vossler

Picked up Hayabusa right where I left off in 4....feels good man. Haven't tried online yet, but will do so this weekend. Only played a bit of survival. I do like that I can still pull off some of his harder moves from memory. Graphics are good, but in desperate need of some aa in certain instances.

Sayah

Aw hell naw. There's one dubstep song.
This is bad? This is bad? This is bad? This is bad?

TTT2 features quite possibly the best soundtrack for this generation. And even if you do not like it, you have the option to switch the music to anything you like.

I've complained enough, so now for some positives :p

- Amazing character models and shadowing. Kokoro's kimono still leaves me breathless. And all the shadows are high-res too!

- Combat seems a little slower than before, but it's still incredibly fluid. DOA remains the the only fighter series this gen that makes me feel like I'm playing in an actual 3D space. Can't go back to the stiff stuff.

- Tag mode is still the best in the biz. Can't wait to play with my brother offline.

- Thank you, Team Ninja, for allowing us to zoom into, around, and betwixt the character models after each round.

Solid 8/10 if you have offline buddies to play with, not so solid 6.5 or 7 if you're stuck in slideshow land.

Aw hell naw. There's one dubstep song.
This is bad? This is bad? This is bad? This is bad?

TTT2 features quite possibly the best soundtrack for this generation. And even if you do not like it, you have the option to switch the music to anything you like.
The last two are the same. And yes, I think they're bad, utterly unmemorable electronica drudgery.

Mind you, I'm comparing to the endlessly flawless, life-giving melodies that made me fall in love with the series' earlier soundtracks:

Tekken 1
Tekken 2
Tekken 3
Tekken 4
Tekken 5

Mr_eX

When I pick Kasumi or Ayane I just can't seem to get in on them.

I'm a Brad Wong player and I'm not having any trouble, I am pretty good at DOA though.

If you can't get through their defense, make them get through yours. Guard and punish, don't rush in like a mad man.

Sayah

The last two are the same. And yes, I think they're bad, utterly unmemorable electronica drudgery.

Mind you, I'm comparing to the endlessly flawless, life-giving melodies that made me fall in love with the series' earlier soundtracks:

Tekken 1
Tekken 2
Tekken 3
Tekken 4
Tekken 5

Not all of the tracks are electronic. There is enough diversity in the soundtrack. For one, you have the remix of Winter Palace. Heavenly Garden is perfectly fine if you like serene music. You have Dusk After the Rain. You have Moonlit Wilderness. You have Fireworks Over Barcelona. And Night Falls amongst other stuff.

I wouldn't classify any of these as electronic and they are all excellent tracks. Some have some hybrid stuff going but regardless. To simply reduce TTT2 soundtrack to unmemorable electronica drudgery is very sad.

Anyway, don't want to derail this topic so I'll end it here.

i don't know about netcode and i don't know about frame counts and hell, i don't even know what the fuck the inputs you guys list mean, but i do know that i played this for a couple of hours last night with my wife and that we both had a great time.

and that i saw an awful lot of close ups of La Mariposa's/Lisa's breasts. because i generally lost.

kirby2096

Just got an email from Amazon UK that my CE willing be sent out tomorrow, with an estimated delivery date Oct 1st - Oct 3rd..

I don't want to run the risk of not being able to play it this weekend but I don't want to pay extra just to get it on release day. Luckily I've saved my Prime membership trial for such an occasion!

Dantis

Just got an email from Amazon UK that my CE willing be sent out tomorrow, with an estimated delivery date Oct 1st - Oct 3rd..

I don't want to run the risk of not being able to play it this weekend but I don't want to pay extra just to get it on release day. Luckily I've saved my Prime membership trial for such an occasion!

Oct 1st to 3rd? :/

Mine had better arrive before that. Is that free shipping or something?

akaoni

Banned

Oct 1st to 3rd? :/

Mine had better arrive before that. Is that free shipping or something?

'Shopto' my friends, I urge you to give them a try just once and you'll never use Amazon UK for getting games on release date. Although if you wanted the CE edition you didn't have much choice because the price difference for that was pretty steep. Plus I think Amazon had a stock issue with the PS3 CE since they stopped taking pre-orders for it.

Endo Punk

I wish the game at least included the CGI endings from the previous games, but then again you can come across them easy on the internet :/ Just 2 more days :D

Jeff-DSA

Put quite a bit of time into it. It's as good as I hoped it would be, aside from the online play. It's basically a coin flip if you're going to get a smooth experience or a choppy one.

Is anybody else feeling like Jann Lee is a bit overpowered? I'm really struggling with him right now.

neohwa

Played both versions for a few hours last night, mostly in quick 1v1 matches online. The game froze up several times on both PS3 and 360. This is inexcusable and Team Ninja needs to fix whatever is causing these bugs to occur ASAP.

Mine also used to freeze for 1-2 seconds during the beginning of every round. Fortunately updating with the patch and turning off the throwdown option(the online fight request thingy just like Street Fighter 4) solved the problem.

Game is running smooth now and looking great! :)

Shadybiz

Caved at lunch...with trade-ins, I got it for $12. Looking forward to trying it out; I live in NJ, so hopefully the online experience is smooth, since I should be close to a lot of players.

Top Bottom