• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

vic2020

Neo Member
lol I have 93 loses and 9 wins online, but I'm not playing to win and enjoying anyway

Whats holding me back some is I can't tell most the time if an attack is hi or mid, or if some are low or mid. And because of that I dont bother to use holds much and just block instead

Mr_eX

lol I have 93 loses and 9 wins online, but I'm not playing to win and enjoying anyway

Whats holding me back some is I can't tell most the time if an attack is hi or mid, or if some are low or mid. And because of that I dont bother to use holds much and just block instead

You don't need to counter to win.

Do command training for the characters that you have trouble reading and you will get a much better idea if they are using highs or mids. If you didn't already know, look at the P and K icons and you will notice an arrow pointing high, mid or low.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can not do this stupid "expert hold Mila's mid-kick" of Lei Fangs and some of the later missions as well. Like doing an Inzuna Drop. I've been playing the series since day one and have NEVER been able to pull that off.

I guess it just means I should go home and be a family man. :(

I want these titles but they have to put them behind stupid hard restrictions. :/

Esura

Banned
Only if you don't mix it up. Also try to force people to throw out counters and then throw them when they do. A good place to start is P,P, throw.

Ah...so you tick throw them. Wow, that's pretty damn smart.

I seem to do well with Ayane online now after doing some command training but when I use Kasumi I get done in unless its tag.

TheSeks

You want to use Kasumi's teleports, IIRC.

Ayane plays more similar to Christie, I feel. They're both poke-poke-poke-poke-poke but Ayane is back-turned and faster. You might want to try Christie out.

u guys are killing me, i told myself i would wait for a sale since i just bought Borderlands and im getting Need for Speed, Halo and Black Ops which are all out soon! my wallet cant handle all these games

im off work tomorrow, well see if i cave and go grab it

im not the best at fighters but i loved DOA4 and was the only fighter ive really played online.

Does this one have those some customizable lobbies and stuff, i think i had like a Halloween one or something that i could walk around in while waiting for the match to start, lol. its been so long i cant remember but i think it was doa4

u guys are killing me, i told myself i would wait for a sale since i just bought Borderlands and im getting Need for Speed, Halo and Black Ops which are all out soon!

im off work tomorrow, well see if i cave and go grab it

im not the best at fighters but i loved DOA4 and was the only fighter ive really played online.

Does this one have those some customizable lobbies and stuff, i think i had like a Halloween one or something that i could walk around in while waiting for the match to start, lol

Don't give in!

I'm also waiting for sale on both TTT2 and DoA5 lol.

raven777

maximum number of photos you can take in photo mode is 100, which sucks.

I had to start erasing photos to take more.

They really need to allow users to upload it.

Does this one have those some customizable lobbies and stuff, i think i had like a Halloween one or something that i could walk around in while waiting for the match to start, lol. its been so long i cant remember but i think it was doa4

Yes, it was DOA4 that had those lobbies, unfortunately it is not in DOA5. There are online lobbies for 16 players but it's just static when you first enter with a list of names of people in the room. You come in as a spectator and have the option to watch or get in line to fight. You can exit out into the lobby if you have to go afk. There is also a text chat window.

jkh13

Neo Member
I can not do this stupid "expert hold Mila's mid-kick" of Lei Fangs and some of the later missions as well. Like doing an Inzuna Drop. I've been playing the series since day one and have NEVER been able to pull that off.

I guess it just means I should go home and be a family man. :(

I want these titles but they have to put them behind stupid hard restrictions. :/

With the Izuna drop you can simply do 360s with the stick whilst mashing the combo button, works everytime on DOA4, I am guessing they probs didn't change it in 5.

branny

I feel like I have to retrain my brain to accommodate critical burst openings.

Also, story mode is hilarious. Has Kokoro always been this oblivious?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So I got the top time in Time Attack Legendary for Christie, but I didn't get the red bikini.

What the fuck. :/

Yuripaw

Banned
I was just wondering, does anyone have an amazon preorder costume code they'd wanna trade for gamestop's preorder code for PS3?

Skilletor

Dear gaf,

I apologize. I was wrong about the netcode in DoA5. I just played a long set with Master Thespian and it was very playable. It wasn't the best, but it was free of the random hiccups we were experiencing all day yesterday.

The netcode is playable. It is not amazing, but it is playable.

It is not like KoF13.

I was wrong.

Happy to be wrong,

Skilletor

Dear gaf,

I apologize. I was wrong about the netcode in DoA5. I just played a long set with Master Thespian and it was very playable. It wasn't the best, but it was free of the random hiccups we were experiencing all day yesterday.

It is not like KoF13.

I was wrong.

Happy to be wrong,

Skilletor

So I'm still right that its somewhere between mvc3 and umvc3.

Dear gaf,

It is not like KoF13.

I was wrong.

Happy to be wrong,

Skilletor
You weren't wrong because that shit was terrible yesterday and it improved today. Glad we gave it another shot. Now I must resist the temptation to play with an easier character.

Skilletor

So I'm still right that its somewhere between mvc3 and umvc3.

Hmm, yeah. I'd say it's closer to UMvC3, though. Thespian and I have a 3 bar connection and it was decent. Yesterday 3 bars was terrible. It was slow, it would randomly pause, and there was a lot of input delay. 5 bars is pretty great, but you really have to fish for those.

Also, certain stages run better than others for us. Some caused slowdown, others ran smooth. Going to try and figure out which ones so we can create a random list.

Skilletor

It's a pain in the ass. The skimpy ones you unlock through legendary time attack, survival, etc depending on who it is. And the fact that you can only get it when you don't use a continue is just bullshit honestly.

I didn't recognize my Jun bro without the avatar. When we going to play Tekken? :p

Squire

Banned
Dear gaf,

It is not like KoF13.

I was wrong.

Happy to be wrong,

Skilletor

Awwww, Skilletor has a heart!

This is pretty much what I do now. Holds from what I've seen is pretty much lucky guessing due to how fast the attacks in this game are. Coupled with them working only half the time I'd rather not get frustrated and try to focus on other things like not pressing buttons while blocking which I can't help doing right now.

Aselith

This game is fun but I hope they are able to address the freezing. Pretty annoying when the game freezes momentarily occasionally which can throw you off your rhythm.

Can't save a simple match replay which sucks and I cant upload my fights to youtube or facebook. That should be mandatory for all fighters this day and age.
Love the rest of the game though

TheSeks

With the Izuna drop you can simply do 360s with the stick whilst mashing the combo button, works everytime on DOA4, I am guessing they probs didn't change it in 5.

I don't think mashing out the drop works now since they tweaked timing.

This game is fun but I hope they are able to address the freezing. Pretty annoying when the game freezes momentarily occasionally which can throw you off your rhythm.
Time to pay it forward: turn off Throwdowns. The next time someone brings this up, it will be your responsibility to inform them.

pass-it-on.jpg

TheSeks

Time to pay it forward: turn off Throwdowns. The next time someone brings this up, it will be your responsibility to inform them.

Turning off throwdowns doesn't completely stop it. I got freezes this morning trying to find lobbies in player matches.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The only other fighting game i have this much fun playing is Marvel. This one probably more so since I don't get caught in super long combos as I watch my character die. We played last night at my arcade all night, the match score counter topped out at 99-99 :eek:

Moofers

I'm playing on PS3 and I notice the game lags in single player. Not often, but probably once every match, the game will hang up for a second in the middle of a move. Is everyone else getting that?

I'm playing on PS3 and I notice the game lags in single player. Not often, but probably once every match, the game will hang up for a second in the middle of a move. Is everyone else getting that?

I heard you have to turn off the throwdown system while playing offline

Editt: beaten :D

Yuripaw

Banned
So i haven't had a chance to play it much since I got it last night, but I've been messing around with arcade mode trying to familiarize myself with playing the game...I'm noticing a bit of a big nuisance with the game so far.

I'm playing on the PS3 version, and occasionally in the middle of the fight...frames will just stop. The game literally freezes for like maybe 0.5-2 seconds at a time every so often. This is really annoying in a game so timing based. Has anyone else experienced anything like this??

I heard you have to turn off the throwdown system while playing offline

Editt: beaten :D

Oh...this sounds like it might be it

Top Bottom