• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

ShinAmano

Question...so I finished story mode...someone said to unlock the swimsuit outfits you have to finish 'legendary' ...can someone explain where this mode is?

Also ideas to when will we be able to Dl the ce outfits for those who didn't pick up the ce...if at all?

patapuf

well, some games had digital versions that didn't come with an online pass... and they didn't work online without one... so you had to pay extra for it or bug the publisher for one and provide your purchase details, etc...

wow, that's so wrong. If you are going to offer a DD option do it right. I guess consoles are still not great when it comes to DD

Deps

Finally got to play the game, it's really fun but sadly online is as bad as it sounded. Don't think I will play the game much more since no one seems interested in DOA locally. I just can't deal with online as bad as DOA5's especially after most new FG's have actually started to have good netcode. P4u/TTT2/SC5 all work perfectly so I doubt it's on my end.

So far online matches have been lag free for me.

Also, costume selection could be better imo.

Maybe they are planning DLC for that.

Also, does anyone know why holds only come out half the time.

I can do them easily when I'm not being hit, but when I am it seems to only work half the time, which leads to eating more damage.

Also, screw Ryu. You can't even tell if hit attacks hit high/mid so I can't counter anything at all.

I can do them easily when I'm not being hit, but when I am it seems to only work half the time, which leads to eating more damage.

Also, screw Ryu. You can't even tell if hit attacks hit high/mid so I can't counter anything at all.

you can't hold out of certain stuns immediately

Asriel

Practice as Ryu and you'll which strikes are mids and highs.

Esura

Banned
Ho do you perform "During Hohinpo" for Kasumi? It's to perform Rekkuga

Not sure what Hohinpo is, but Rekkuga must be performed during Hohinpo. I'm guessing it's her teleport.

Hohinpo is Kasumi's dash. Press P after 3P+K.

I'm a Brad Wong player and I'm not having any trouble, I am pretty good at DOA though.

If you can't get through their defense, make them get through yours. Guard and punish, don't rush in like a mad man.

Yeah....I should stop that. :(

Guard and punish, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Now I need to think of Ayane's and Kasumi's top 10 moves to take advantage of.

Squire

Banned
Finished Story mode. Was worth it for Kasumi's last two costumes. Still don't have them all though. Sometimes I'll do a run of Arcade and get one, then play again and I won't. When I know for a fact there's more outfits for the character. Weird..

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hayabusa
Izuna Drop (This will be terrible for me but training)
Senko Izuna (same as above)
Hayate
2 Hi Counter Hold (Did 1 but the second doesnt want to happen)
kasumi
Power Blow after Critical burst (its easy but I need to practice more the moves)

I decided to watch the cutscenes this time and I noticed some are glitched and just showing a black screen. Did anyone else had this issue?

EDIT: Had extreme lag on this match O_O (1st extreme lag I experience on the game but wow.)

Shadybiz

Quick question: From what I can gather, there are 2 characters that you unlock from just doing regular Story mode. Am I right in guessing that they should both be unlocked on the same playthrough?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Finished Story mode. Was worth it for Kasumi's last two costumes. Still don't have them all though. Sometimes I'll do a run of Arcade and get one, then play again and I won't. When I know for a fact there's more outfits for the character. Weird..
You can only unlock one item per difficulty per character.

So I just ploughed through Helena's rookie arcade/time attack/survival for her recolours.

Levito

Banned
Picked this up over lunch, excited to try it out once I get home!

The guy at EB was trying hard to sell me the CE, but I really didn't need the costumes. lol

branny

Okay, I just started playing my copy. I've never touched a single build of DOA5 before, so this is my first time giving it a go.

Wasn't expecting it to feel so awesome. Holy crap. Don't know if I can go back to older DOA after this. Movement in this game is so much better than before, and all the other tweaks people have been talking about are so nice to finally experience for myself.

Also a little confused by the lower fps intros and win poses, but I guess that's the soft skin shading™, lol.

Matches load so fast...........

Grisby

Beat the story mode. I liked the first half better. The ninja stuff isn't exactly my deal but it was alright.

The ending credits song is pretty nice. I'm not usually into rap but I liked it.

Now onto to arcade for the costume stuff!

geebee

Banned
I'm thinking of turning off the visual option for the characters to get dirty...

Please tell me someone else did this as well lol.

Esura

Banned
That Fighting Entertainment stage is the best stage in the game. Made even better in Story Mode when
Mila faces Tina in her wrestling gear in the ring. She said she wasn't going to go easy on her like before. A perfect melding of new and old characters, with the new one naturally getting her ass handed to her by Tina. Then Tina helps her up and the crowd roars. Some awesome female fighting right there.

4p and 3p are pretty good with Ayane.

But I'd get held in no time with those.

Squire

Banned
You can only unlock one item per difficulty per character.

So I just ploughed through Helena's rookie arcade/time attack/survival for her recolours.

Not sure that's correct. Just did Survival on Hard with Hitomi for the first time. Got nothing; still missing her Clown costume AND Safari clothes.

zlatko

Banned
Gah I'm so tempted to just buy this game tonight even though I got blands 2 last night to work on.

I just need to resist until I can plow through Borderlands' campaign, otherwise I may never touch it. xD

DR2K

Banned
Not sure that's correct. Just did Survival on Hard with Hitomi for the first time. Got nothing; still missing her Clown costume AND Safari clothes.

You have to beat every enemy in survival. And you have to do a different difficulty for each costume.

So I still don't know if I should buy it.
It really depends on how good the netcode is. Arcade mode an story mode will keep me busy for a couple of hours but when you buy a fighting game you want to fight against real people...so....is the netcode bad on both versions? I only have my PS3 at the moment.
Watched youtube-videos...good breas....eh graphics

Vazra

Gah I'm so tempted to just buy this game tonight even though I got blands 2 last night to work on.

I just need to resist until I can plow through Borderlands' campaign, otherwise I may never touch it. xD

Just get it. You know you want it.

It really depends on how good the netcode is. Arcade mode an story mode will keep me busy for a couple of hours but when you buy a fighting game you want to fight against real people...so....is the netcode bad on both versions? I only have my PS3 at the moment.

I have had around 20 matches that were smooth and 3 a bit laggy and 1 unplayable match.

Picked up my CE yesterday and put in 12 hours so far. Absolutely love the game. The ground textures on the stages are quite the eyesore though and looks like no AA (doesn't bother me much actually). Guess some things had to take a hit in order to accommodate the beauty and next-gen look of the characters.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the size of the CE tin box. Thought it would be the same size as the Mass Effect and Gears CEs but it was actually quite bigger in size. Art book is decently sized with some awesome CG and hand-drawn artwork, great quality overall. Premium swimsuits are amazing of course. And if anyone is willing to trade, haven't used the code yet for the white bunny outfits, would love to get the black bunny outfits, specifically for Tina. 360 version here.

Vazra

Picked up my CE yesterday and put in 12 hours so far. Absolutely love the game. The ground textures on the stages are quite the eyesore though and looks like no AA (doesn't bother me much actually). Guess some things had to take a hit in order to accommodate the beauty and next-gen look of the characters.

How is the Arcade Stick stuff going :p

DR2K

Banned

Netcode is good, just wait until they patch ranked matches so that you can see their connection. Lobby matches from 3-5 bars are incredibly solid.

We should do some GAF PSN lobbies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Lei Fang is weird. Sabaki's are sick though, so is the auto parry stance. Looking like she is going to be strong.

zlatko

Banned
Fuck it. I'll never complete Xenoblade and so my Wii is just collecting dust. Going to go trade that in together and buy DOA5 with the funds, while using anything left over to pre order idk...Dead Space 3 or some shit.

Vazra

Fuck it. I'll never complete Xenoblade and so my Wii is just collecting dust. Going to go trade that in together and buy DOA5 with the funds, while using anything left over to pre order idk...Dead Space 3 or some shit.

Gamestop only gives like 25 bucks for the Wii. And Xenoblade probably 15-25

If I were you I rather save up than selling the system for that misery.

zlatko

Banned
Gamestop only gives like 25 bucks for the Wii. And Xenoblade probably 15-25

If I were you I rather save up than selling the system for that misery.

http://www.gamestop.com/tradeins

Actually...look at that! :D I've got the power up card, so I'm getting 60 bucks.

Also, when I bought my Wii I remember paying nothing out of pocket for it since at that time they had a trade in deal for x amount of old games making it about 10 bucks, and I already had 10 for a pre order on a game I just slapped on there, and so all I paid for was Xenoblade.

Top Bottom