• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

RyudBoy

I know it's probably been answered many times already but could someone quickly tell me how to unlock the VF characters? Finished all of the moves in training mode but still need to do the hidden characters. Took awhile for me to figure out how to do some of Zack's moves and Bass's throws. Not fun.

DR2K

Banned
I know it's probably been answered many times already but could someone quickly tell me how to unlock the VF characters? Finished all of the moves in training mode but still need to do the hidden characters. Took awhile for me to figure out how to do some of Zack's moves and Bass's throws. Not fun.

Stroy mode for Akira and Sarah
100 Titles for Pai

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
what's the fasted way to get titles, i finished story mode.

Play once with each character (You can lose on the first match if you want) for the X character Newbie (24)
Unlock all outfits (20)
Beat arcade on Rookie, Easy, normal, hard, Champ, True Fighter, Master (5)
Beat Survival on Rookie, Easy, normal, hard, Champ, True Fighter, Master (5)
Beat Time Attack on Rookie, Easy, normal, hard, Champ, True Fighter, Master (5)
Complete each character training (24)
Use each character 50 times (24)
Use each character 1000 times (24)

That's from the top of my head.

Most story missions are easy. but didnt count how many and too lazy to check guide XD (Sorry)

dreamfall

Brad's story chapter was so amazing! His fighting style only gets crazier- that drunken movement is something to behold. Really neat thus far!

KSai

You can also get titles pretty fast by trying out the online modes. I had more than 50 titles by the time I started Story mode.

As for story mode, disappointing.
KOF '99 all over again.

Brad's story chapter was so amazing! His fighting style only gets crazier- that drunken movement is something to behold. Really neat thus far!
Brad and Eliot were the best part of story mode.

bought this game today, been playing since DOA1 on playstation. a couple of thoughts:

- the music is so shitty in this compared to the previous DOA games. I'm assuming the previous sound guy left with Itagaki or something.

- they need to bring Leon back as DLC. Leon was too boss, he was also my main =( they can bring back Raidou and Tengu while they're at it too

- BRING BACK THE BERET FOR BAYMAN

- what's the gameplay balance looking like so far?

- and what the hell is up with the FPS going to 30FPS during win poses?

raven777

bought this game today, been playing since DOA1 on playstation. a couple of thoughts:

- the music is so shitty in this compared to the previous DOA games. I'm assuming the previous sound guy left with Itagaki or something.

- they need to bring Leon back as DLC. Leon was too boss, he was also my main =( they can bring back Raidou and Tengu while they're at it too

Stuff like Music is mostly personal taste but yea I agree with this. For me its the worst music in fighting games I have played for a while.

geebee

Banned

- and what the hell is up with the FPS going to 30FPS during win poses?
Couldn't agree more. Very disappointing since DOA 2 and 4 have some of my favorite music in fighting games.

PJX

The final battle theme was awesome though! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ijjynyEnA

Yeah that track was pretty good.

And about DOA 5. Playing it now and it's fun, but I feel like I'm losing interest fast. I really wished Tag mode was four players. :(

What? I haven't tried tag mode on there, but are you sure its not 4 players? I think every previous DOA game that had tag was 4 players. If this doesn't have it, what a step back.

What? I haven't tried tag mode on there, but are you sure its not 4 players? I think every previous DOA game that had tag was 4 players. If this doesn't have it, what a step back.

My bad. I meant 4 player online on four different systems. Sorry, I was just quickly stating what I didn't like.

Was working on getting the achievement for doing everyone's command training. As I finished the last character I had, Pai, the achievement did not pop up. I then realized I have yet to unlock Alpha-152... ugh... gonna be a pain to unlock her.

The only trouble I had with command training was doing Akira's stupid 3-hit combo (down H+K, P, left right right P+K). Looks easy right? Bullshit. The timing required to pull that dumb ass combo off requires quick speed and perfect precision. Took me around 30 minutes to finally nail that shit. Good luck to anyone else trying to tackle Akira's command training.

Squire

Banned
Goddamn, Mila is awesome! I really need to practice Sarah, also. She feels different here than VF, but I think that's because VF is more rigid in the movement (not in a bad way. Not even remotely.)

I definitely hope Team Ninja's next fighter is DOA vs. VF. I need that Srah/Jacky tag team!!

This is messed up. I cannot do Senko Izuna at all, not in training not during Ryu's fight where it's the bonus mission. I know I'm doing the command right and I have no issues doing the regular Izuna nor do I have problems in the previous games completing it. I can never do the final part to it and it's driving me insane.
Aye, I'm having this exact issue and with a few other moves with other characters as well. Inputs seem to go in perfectly and yet... nothing. No problem with the moves in previous DOAs or with their individual sections. It's pretty annoying.

As for the music, yeah, it's horrific. Bayman's theme is pretty boss, however.

Edit: And the ability to modify random selects is an awesome, awesome feature I wish more fighting games adopted. I love it.

It has arrived...

8026706043_8a0783f01f_c.jpg

Yet to unbox it.

Damn this game has flat-out amazing graphics!

Ummm....wow. Kinda surprised more people aren’t commenting on how freaking gorgeous this game looks.

Just came back from a friend’s house who has the game and seeing it on the TV really took me by surprise.

Dantis

Damn this game has flat-out amazing graphics!

Ummm....wow. Kinda surprised more people aren’t commenting on how freaking gorgeous this game looks.

Just came back from a friend’s house who has the game and seeing it on the TV really took me by surprise.
Yep, it looks ace. Amongst the best looking console games of the generation.

Playing a lot of online matches and overall, the online experience is very solid. I rarely had lag tonight even with my settings set to ANY and I got the 100 online matches trophy. So far, so good. Very fun game and yes, I also think the graphics are beautiful despite some bad ground textures on some stages. They seem to have more of a darker, grittier style compared to DOA4. Probably because of the new engine. Even if the backgrounds looked horrible, the vastly improved models made up for everything. Still have a ways to go to unlock everything. Wait, was the budget small for this game? It doesn't show imo. I beat arcade mode on legend with all difficulties and didn't get the trophy. Glitched?

Dantis

Playing a lot of online matches and overall, the online experience is very solid. I rarely had lag tonight even with my settings set to ANY and I got the 100 online matches trophy. So far, so good. Very fun game and yes, I also think the graphics are beautiful despite some bad ground textures on some stages. They seem to have more of a darker, grittier style compared to DOA4. Probably because of the new engine. Even if the backgrounds looked horrible, the vastly improved models made up for everything. Still have a ways to go to unlock everything. Wait, was the budget small for this game? It doesn't show imo. I beat arcade mode on legend with all difficulties and didn't get the trophy. Glitched?

I doubt the budget was small. This looks like the highest budget game Tecmo has made in a good while, possibly ever.

Sulik2

Finished story mode last night. GB was right, it was total nonsense. The only section I liked was Brad and Eliot. The food fight was actually funny. Graphics are great but man the aliasing is terrible. I would kill for a PC port of this. It would like like those hi-res screenshots they released. Do you really have to beat Legend without continuing for a shot at the rares?

I keep finding myself wanting to throw a character after a few blows and never can. Are there any characters have offensive grapples you can use in the middle of combos?

patapuf

Finished story mode last night. GB was right, it was total nonsense. The only section I liked was Brad and Eliot. The food fight was actually funny. Graphics are great but man the aliasing is terrible. I would kill for a PC port of this. It would like like those hi-res screenshots they released. Do you really have to beat Legend without continuing for a shot at the rares?

I keep finding myself wanting to throw a character after a few blows and never can. Are there any characters have offensive grapples you can use in the middle of combos?

the continues don't matter as far as i know. However you only have 30% chance of getting the costume upon completing the mode.

And it's one costume for Survival, Time attack and arcade. you can't get all 3 in the same mode.

Galdelico

Was more expensive if I pre-ordered it online. :p
Yeah, Gamestop(.it) preorder price for the CE has been 109 bloomin' euros since the beginning, which I believe is their actual retail price, and Amanzon's is now 97 euros and pennies (although I had mine reserved for 87, as it was priced the very first few days they had it on sale).

So apparently doing VS Tag doesn't count as using 4 characters . . . or even as 2 characters . . . . . .

Wait, Versus just doesn't count at all?

*sigh*

So playing the computer all those times or playing online only?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm honestly surprised Gen Fu is in the game given Elliot is there. I'm guessing Gen Fu has a different style now according to story mode, anyway. I haven't tried him yet.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm honestly surprised Gen Fu is in the game given Elliot is there. I'm guessing Gen Fu has a different style now according to story mode, anyway. I haven't tried him yet.

They play completely different
If we go by the story this might be Gen Fu Last game afterall he did said Eliot was worthy to be his successor

Couldn't agree more. Very disappointing since DOA 2 and 4 have some of my favorite music in fighting games.

Yeah I've been watching DoA5 streams for quite awhile and what stuck out was just some absolutely awful music. It's like anti-fighting game music that gets me unexcited for a match.

I forgot how awesome DoA2 was in this regard. Pretty much everyone had an A-class theme that brought the hype.

Play arcade or time attack with tag, the first character gets the costume, but you can play the same difficulty once for time attack and arcade.
Number of costumes :
Kasumi 6
Ayane 6
Helena 5
Hitomi 6
Mila 6
Rig 4
LeiFang 8
Jann Lee 5
Alpha
Sarah 2
Pai 2
Hayabusa 4
Hayate 4
Bayman 5
Eliot 5 
Brad 5 
Akira 2
Gen Fu 2
Zack 4
Bass 4
Tina 7
Christie 6
Kokoro 6
Lisa 7
Thanks... So let's say I want to get all of the costumes for one character... Can I do one round of arcade on the easiest setting, then one round of tag on the easiest setting, getting two costumes, and then I have to raise the difficulty to keep getting more?

One more question, can I play tag mode online with a friend against the AI? Or is that local only?

Mr_eX

I've messed around with Rigg a little and he seems really good. I need to take him into training but he seems to have crazy frame advantage and is just super safe in general. I fully expect him to become one of the most used characters online with most players being super aggressive with him.

Mr_eX

Yeah I've been watching DoA5 streams for quite awhile and what stuck out was just some absolutely awful music. It's like anti-fighting game music that gets me unexcited for a match.

I forgot how awesome DoA2 was in this regard. Pretty much everyone had an A-class theme that brought the hype.

Probably didn't help that the DOA rap in the game is performed by one of the members of the DOA tournament scene.

Top Bottom